You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton game rearrangement

an tha

22 minutes ago, kemskem said:

Or Wednesday 14th which might be preferable for Luton because then they’d have 3 days between either side.

Preferable to spending Valentine’s Day with the wife. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yes, I have got the dates mixed up. D’oh. 

17th Feb - Brentford v Liverpool

18th Feb - Luton v Man Utd

WC 19th Feb is a European week. 

20th Feb - Man City don’t play in Europe but play Brentford.

21st Feb - Rearrange our Luton game for here. 

25th Feb - League Cup Final. 

I didn’t realise, Chelsea were due to play Spurs on Friday 23rd Feb. There is no reason that game can’t be moved to the 20th or 21st (or even the 22nd). They also

play at Man City on the 17th Feb.

Let the injuries and suspensions pile up before the final!

Right!

2 hours ago, an tha said:

While I have no issue with us playing on this date, I do feel it’s slightly unfair that Spurs v Chelsea has been moved to a TBC date. 

I fully realise we have little option but to play the Luton game the  - EL and FA Cup after that. Chelsea & Spurs was due to be the FNF anyway. They have no European commitments (maybe FA Cup as well…). They could have easily moved that game to the Wednesday or Thursday night day.

I’m genuine not bothered about us playing, I’d hope we can rotate a few, keep a few fresh and go into the Sunday no issues. I do feel Chelsea should be forced to do the same. 

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

While I have no issue with us playing on this date, I do feel it’s slightly unfair that Spurs v Chelsea has been moved to a TBC date. 

I fully realise we have little option but to play the Luton game the  - EL and FA Cup after that. Chelsea & Spurs was due to be the FNF anyway. They have no European commitments (maybe FA Cup as well…). They could have easily moved that game to the Wednesday or Thursday night day.

I’m genuine not bothered about us playing, I’d hope we can rotate a few, keep a few fresh and go into the Sunday no issues. I do feel Chelsea should be forced to do the same. 

I just didn't want us with a real fixture pile up in April/May or to fall behind abu dhabi in games played.

Agree no reason chelsea can't play but by same token they have much more available options with no europe, so they can afford to push it back and i don't think they can be forced to bring it forward.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

I just didn't want us with a real fixture pile up in April/May or to fall behind abu dhabi in games played.

Agree no reason chelsea can't play but by same token they have much more available options with no europe, so they can afford to push it back and i don't think they can be forced to bring it forward.

And surely this remains a sky game? So they won't want it up against CL games. 

23 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And surely this remains a sky game? So they won't want it up against CL games. 

I'd imagine tv is a big part of it yeah.

Not sure but i assume sky can't show live PL games on european cup nights.