You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 17th Dec 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

The next 3 league games starting today are huge IMO.

3 chances to put abu dhabi really under it.

Imagine being 12 pts ahead of them by the time they next play - that is what we could have if we win our next 3 starting today.

Yes they'd have games in hand - but that is some serious scoreboard pressure so to speak.

Fact one of those 3 games is against Arsenal as well is of course huge too.

And the match that follows it is Newcastle, so it will be good to get that one out of the way while they're struggling with injuries. 

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

As with all of our games so far this season (and the majority of last), if we play with the right level of intensity, they won't be able to live with us. If we stroll around half arsed, as if we've got the game won already, they might get something out of it. We'll only know after the first 5-10 minutes which Liverpool team has turned up. It certainly won't be the crowd who aren't up for it that's for sure.

The atmosphere v these has not been as vicious as it should be IMO in recent years.....i wouldn't say it is shite, but it hasn't had that edge to it IMO......Almost dare I say it a bit of 'oh these are shite we'll hammer them' about it. I was at the 4-0 a couple of seasons ago and remarked at game how it hadn't got the edge to it that it should have.

We really should be up for them big time and if we are dicking them taking the piss relentlessly - they would.

Never forget what these are - never forget how they gloated for 20 years and never forget all the vitriol, hatred and horrible shite they sing about us....The fucking rat bastards.

Anfield should be a bear pit whenever they are around - even if we are miles better than them - even if they rocked up here as a Division 4 side...

• Upvote 2

There is way too much talk that we are going to steamroller them. Carraghers 7up Christmas jumper isn't sitting right with me. Yeah they are shite, but we've been struggling to put away shite teams all year. 

Would be delighted with a scrappy 1 nil. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, KevieG said:

There is way too much talk that we are going to steamroller them. Carraghers 7up Christmas jumper isn't sitting right with me. Yeah they are shite, but we've been struggling to put away shite teams all year. 

Spawny 1-0...a twatting...odd goal in a 7 goal thriller....a routine 2-0....a late comeback win...

I don't care.

Just.fucking.win.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KevieG said:

Yup. In a season that’s seen the worst refereeing/VAR ever, nothing should be taken for granted. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

And the match that follows it is Newcastle, so it will be good to get that one out of the way while they're struggling with injuries. 

As I’ve shown elsewhere, their injury ‘crisis’ is way overblown. Their first team have played more than Howe would have liked, but, aside Pope, they’ve been able to pick a near full strength first eleven for a while. 

2 hours ago, KevieG said:

What a fucking imbecile that guy is.

If there is ever a time to rub a 9 month old drubbing in an opponents face, it’s in the days leading up to the next one of those fixtures.

He’d be the first to bemoan someone doing that if he was still playing.

His exploits on the pitch and his homegrown status had me adoring him for a while, but even then I thought he was a whopper, and as time goes on away from him doing good stuff in a red shirt, he pisses me off more and more all the time.

I hope he can live with that. It’s a heavy weight to bear

2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I take it Salif Diao was unavailable. 

I'm genuinely interested in who will play the 6 today (in reality). 

Diao is on bench....

I can't see it not being Endo today - don't think Klopp will try the much called for Gomez at RB and TAA in middle...

3 hours ago, KevieG said:

Carragher is a prick.

3 hours ago, KevieG said:

It’s catastrophically stupid of him to flaunt that, as if they weren’t already going to be massively up for this game after last season’s result and their recent disappointments.

Add the pressure of Arsenal going back to the top, and I see them as the more likely winners today.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s catastrophically stupid of him to flaunt that, as if they weren’t already going to be massively up for this game after last season’s result and their recent disappointments.

Add the pressure of Arsenal going back to the top, and I see them as the more likely winners today.

Well, you would, wouldn't you.

• Upvote 1