You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (H) - Sun 3rd Dec 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Attack has an off day - no sweat.

We now have midfielders who actually can scoee goals and are not afraid to have a dig.

Some absolute shite being spouted about our attack IMHO.

Same as anything now, if a player has a good game, he's Pele. If he has a bad one, he needs sold in January.

Some people are even more knee jerk during the actual match. I saw some tit on Twitter saying our season was over at 2-2.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Same as anything now, if a player has a good game, he's Pele. If he has a bad one, he needs sold in January.

Some people are even more knee jerk during the actual match. I saw some tit on Twitter saying our season was over at 2-2.

He waited until 2-2?......Amateur - should have been all over that shout when it was still 0-0 after 15 mins....

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Yep! The match threads are just as bad tbh. Absolute hysteria if someone misplaces a pass, I wonder why some even bother watching as they seem to hate the experience. 

An average performance is made out to be the worst ever. People forget other sides around us in the table will have their own scares throughout the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheSire said:

You're not worried about their goals then?

I've said, the strength is the depth. When the 5 are there, they will overwhelm teams and all chip in. If there is one or some missing and we have to rely on any of those 4 individually on a consistent basis, it is not pretty.

We have to hope one of them truly breakout to give us some certainties in the attack other than Salah, but it is not yet happening.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I've said, the strength is the depth. When the 5 are there, they will overwhelm teams and all chip in. If there is one or some missing and we have to rely on any of those 4 individually on a consistent basis, it is not pretty.

We have to hope one of them truly breakout to give us some certainties in the attack other than Salah, but it is not yet happening.

I dunno really, I mean do other teams have more options? I'd be quite surprised if any other sides are better off than us in that regard. We've 5 players of top quality where other sides would kill to take one of those off our hands.

I may be wrong tbh as I'm only going off the top of my head.

X

With the exception of Mo, who stunk the gaff out again today tbf, all of our forwards are better coming off the bench. An absolute waste of millions we can’t afford to fuck around with. 

Not one of them can hold the ball for longer than 3 seconds to give the rest of the team a breather. 

We give up for too many big chances. Way more than city or arsenal. We also are very profligate in front of goal, even though we score loads.

1st and 3rd goals, goals from corners happen, were really bad. Nobody tracked Wilson after matip gave it away and the 3rd, Jesus fucking christ, a cross from one side goes the whole way across to the other side, and then a simple run and cross and it's a goal. That's just not good enough and it was all cos Fulham wanted it more in those 10 seconds.

We don't have many players that are conservative in their thinking. We need to smell danger for more quickly and not to rely on Ali over and over.

We got away with one today, against a fucking awful team. We won't get so lucky against competent teams if we're as off it today when we play them.

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

I like Tsimikas but he's definitely more limited in comparison. 

He’s been caught badly in possession in recent games and shouldn’t have been bullied at the back post for the third. Robbo isn’t any bigger or stronger, but he’s so much more streetwise.

14 minutes ago, niallers said:

We give up for too many big chances. Way more than city or arsenal. We also are very profligate in front of goal, even though we score loads.

1st and 3rd goals, goals from corners happen, were really bad. Nobody tracked Wilson after matip gave it away and the 3rd, Jesus fucking christ, a cross from one side goes the whole way across to the other side, and then a simple run and cross and it's a goal. That's just not good enough and it was all cos Fulham wanted it more in those 10 seconds.

We don't have many players that are conservative in their thinking. We need to smell danger for more quickly and not to rely on Ali over and over.

We got away with one today, against a fucking awful team. We won't get so lucky against competent teams if we're as off it today when we play them.

Being relatively open is how we play, though, it's no surprise, but Alisson often has the ability to save us.

City and Arsenal are much more conservative. It's a nice contrast of styles, between us and them to be honest.

• Upvote 1

These games home and away should be won easily, I know Fulham like Luton had a week off and treated the games like Cup Finals but we were poor in both these games. We need to start taking our chances, I know we scored 4 but it should have been more. Defensively both the defence and midfield need to do more, switching off too often. A hard earned 3 points, we need to do much better.

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

These games home and away should be won easily, I know Fulham like Luton had a week off and treated the games like Cup Finals but we were poor in both these games. We need to start taking our chances, I know we scored 4 but it should have been more. Defensively both the defence and midfield need to do more, switching off too often. A hard earned 3 points, we need to do much better.

Yeah. Can dominate games all you like but it’s what you do in both penalty boxes that counts. And we were shite in both.

Outstanding from Soccer Guy on fb:

Alexander Hey Arnold’s real sweet one-bounce no-bounce kick hands the Liver Pool Red Uniforms the victory points in a dramatic game of soccer drama against Full Ham up on Mercy Town. The former EPL League world champions looked on course do go score a bunch of goalshots when McCallister was left home alone in the middle of the soccer field and unleashed a cleat rocket just before the halftime show. But the franchise who plays out of some real cute cottage’s back yard knotted things up at twos. Liver Pool kinda sucked in the second quarter and looked like they were heading to the L when some guy from Full Ham inserted the head kick real late on. But the meat loving London England franchise could not hang on. After making the equalization play, Hey Arnold made it 4 to 3. Kinda like a football score from football head. You Never Walk Away, sung the cops real loud.

FB_IMG_1701629226454.jpg

• Haha 2