You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Oct 21-23 2023)

tlw content

roundupheader.jpg

Arsenal and Chelsea were involved in a hum dinger at Stamford Bridge. Not sure who that last 15 minutes says more about though. Chelsea blew it but at the same time I have to give Arsenal credit for no longer being the lightweight fannies they were for so long. They’re made of sterner stuff now, there’s no question about that.

I don’t know what to make of Chelsea right now though. I think they’re probably better than people think, but their results are not always showing it. This would have been a big win for them at this stage of their development, a signature result to kick start the Pochettino era. No-one is paying much attention to them these days but had they saw this game out they'd have been back on the radar.

They almost had it too. Palmer put them ahead from the spot after Saliba had handled. It is a pen but he's unlucky as there’s not much he can do. His arm is out because he’s challenging for a header. The ball is headed goalwards and hits his hand, so you have to give the pen there really. What I would say is it was nowhere near as bad as the one Jackson got away with against us on opening day.

Murdyk made it 2-0 with a mis-hit cross that looped over Raya. Jonathon Pearce on MOTD kept going on about how it wasn’t a fluke and he clearly meant it. Pochettino said the same thing. Fuck off, it was a cross. He’s just shite so he mis-hit it and got lucky.

Tell you what though, that Raya isn’t all that. I’d be fucking fuming if I was Ramsdale. He’s not great himself, but he’s done well for Arsenal and all their fans loved him. He was not the reason they came up short in the title race last year. I sort of get why Arteta replaced him as he’s thinking that to win the league he needs a better keeper than Ramsdale, but that’s not Raya. They’re much of a muchness and it really wasn’t worth shitting all over Ramsdale like that to bring in someone who isn’t any better.

This obsession some managers have now about keepers who can use their feet is hilarious. Look at the clown United have in goal now. The funniest part is that these keepers who are supposedly great with their feet (I include Alisson in this too) always look like they’re going to fuck up and do something daft, and they often do.

Raya got away with murder in this game through passing it to marked team-mates and generally thinking he’s Xavi or Busquets.

That Chelsea keeper is dogshit as well. He was lucky not to give away a pen when he missed a high ball and wiped out Jesus, but he was punished soon after when his pathetic pass into midfield went straight to Rice who hit it first time to leave him stranded. Chelsea had been in total control of the game until that moment but then everything changed. Young Farage came off the bench to equalise late on. and the keeper is garbage on that too.

The biggest take away from this though is Ben Shite. Just look at the absolute fucking kip of him. Bleached blonde hair is usually a sign of a bellend. We already knew what a dick Ben White is, but he’s cranked it right up now. Between the leccy beach tan and the white hair, he looks like a fucking pensioner that retired to the Costa De Sol. I’d be ashamed to have him in my team.

View full article

• dave u pinned this topic

Diaby was outstanding for Leverkusen last season, quite a coup for Villa to get him. Next names to leave Leverkusen will probably be Wirtz and Frimpong. Could be quite tasty if we come up against Xabi and his high flying Leverkusen in the EL later on.

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Saw this posted a week or so back which backs up what you were saying about Wolves, Dave, but a bit worrying for Chelsea.

_131464074_fixturesdifficulty.png

Based on where teams are this season rather than last I'd be amazed if Spurs weren't number one on that. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DaveT said:

Diaby was outstanding for Leverkusen last season, quite a coup for Villa to get him. Next names to leave Leverkusen will probably be Wirtz and Frimpong. Could be quite tasty if we come up against Xabi and his high flying Leverkusen in the EL later on.

You seen much of the centre back of theirs who we're being linked with?

1 hour ago, dave u said:

You seen much of the centre back of theirs who we're being linked with?

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed him much. Whenever I’ve watched, they’ve had Tah and Tapsoba playing. Tapsoba looked really good when he broke through but looks to me as if he wouldn’t have the physicality to do well in the PL.

• dave u unpinned this topic