You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 Worst Liverpool Players You Have Seen

VERBAL DIARRHEA

2 hours ago, etho said:

Salif Diao for me, absolutely fucking terrible

Houllier played him at centre back v Rafa's Valencia in the Champions League. He was fucking embarrassing, the poor fella. 

He tried so I didn’t hate him but he was never a Liverpool player

6 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Houllier played him at centre back v Rafa's Valencia in the Champions League. He was fucking embarrassing, the poor fella. 

He tried so I didn’t hate him but he was never a Liverpool player

It was a bit strange as he had the makings of a varsity athlete. He's certainly one of the best examples of the fact that you need more than physical attritubes to be a good fooballer. 

1. Mario Balotelli - I never even bought the argument he was especially talented. He was just a fucking lunatic and stood out for that reason. He didn't give a shit and lacked ability.

2. Loris Karius - Constantly making mistakes and also gave an impression of not giving a fuck. Cost us a European Cup final after his mistakes threatened to get us knocked out earlier in the competition. Only keeper I've ever seen give a corner away off a goal kick.

3. Joe Cole - totally unfit when he signed for us and also didn't give a shit which showed in his performances.

4. Lazar Markovic - Slow plodder with no positive attributes.

5. Christian Poulsen - slow, ponderous and a perfect embodiment of the Hodgson team he played in.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

IMG_1483.jpeg

So he's had a full 12 months off, or a third of his time here. That's cost the club £10.4m in wages alone. For doing nothing. In the remaining 2 years he's appeared 97 times. That's cost the club over £216k per appearance in wages. A total of thirty million quid in wages plus appearance fees plus bonuses. That's horrific. 

And I get negged from that weird, multiple-personality Norgie dickhead for saying he's a terrible signing. 

Ship the fucker off to Saudi ASAP. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

So he's had a full 12 months off, or a third of his time here. That's cost the club £10.4m in wages alone. For doing nothing. In the remaining 2 years he's appeared 97 times. That's cost the club over £216k per appearance in wages. A total of thirty million quid in wages plus appearance fees plus bonuses. That's horrific. 

And I get negged from that weird, multiple-personality Norgie dickhead for saying he's a terrible signing. 

Who, Code or Thiago? 

1) mignolet - always terrified he was gonna throw one in. He usually did

2) sakho - awful. Weirdly rated as boss by our try hard fanbase despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

3) Lucas Leiva - fucking awful. Would usually be sent on to close the game out. He often did. Sadly for the oppo after giving numerous free kicks away 2 yards outside our box that would end up in the back of our net. Another shit player who was vastly overrated just cos he was likeable.

4) Aqualani. A signing that should be investigated under the proceeds of crime act. An Aqualung would have performed better sitting on the centre spot. Start of a serious decline on and off the pitch.

5) all those purchased with the Suarez money. 

• Upvote 2

Cheyrou was OK, he just never got out of second gear, with sone very mediocre performances that when we already had plenty of quality in centre mid.

Diouf was the equivalent of going at fifth gear with the handbrake on, absolutely knackering everything else. Diao was the equivalent  of something that looked like a fine vehicle but when you turned the ignition on it didn’t have any tyres on the wheels. 
I’ve clearly taken this metaphor far further than it withstand, but basically Cheyrou was only the third worst signing that (dreadful) summer so I’ll leave him out of my five worst of all time. 

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

1) mignolet - always terrified he was gonna throw one in. He usually did

2) sakho - awful. Weirdly rated as boss by our try hard fanbase despite all the evidence to the contrary. 

3) Lucas Leiva - fucking awful. Would usually be sent on to close the game out. He often did. Sadly for the oppo after giving numerous free kicks away 2 yards outside our box that would end up in the back of our net. Another shit player who was vastly overrated just cos he was likeable.

4) Aqualani. A signing that should be investigated under the proceeds of crime act. An Aqualung would have performed better sitting on the centre spot. Start of a serious decline on and off the pitch.

5) all those purchased with the Suarez money. 

Lucas was our player of the season in 2010/11, by a country mile.  He was one of very few holding the fort during the shit first half of that season and he was a key part in our dramatic improvement in the second half.

Ridiculous shout.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Lucas was our player of the season in 2010/11, by a country mile.  He was one of very few holding the fort during the shit first half of that season and he was a key part in our dramatic improvement in the second half.

Ridiculous shout.

He certainly was not. 

Our best player that season was easily R.Meireles. 

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

He's missed more than that.

He's featured in 67 of 120 league games since we signed him.

Minutes wise he has played 4,650 of the 10,800 we have played in league....43%.

He last started a game for us on 4th February.

He last played at all in April that was during a brief spell of availability across 4 games where he came on as a sub in the 4 games for a total of 96 mins across them.

He has missed our last 12 games.

He hasn't started any of our last 24.

Last season he started 14 of 38.

He still isn't in training either by the way - Update today from Lijnders...."He's still not back in training but he's healing. Time will tell how that goes."

One of the biggest wastes of a big, big wage in the clubs history.

• Upvote 1