You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

There were reports in the press of another (unnamed) interested party that had come in for Caicedo middle of last week. We know we'd looked at him last season too. It looks like we wanted Lavia but not at the price Southampton wanted and so our incremental bids there were more to ensure we still had a plan B. I don't think when news of our interest in Caicedo came out after the Chelsea interest in Lavia it was us responding to that, I think it was them trying to bully us in to dropping our interest in a player everyone seemed to think was nailed on for Chelsea. The average cost of our 3 new midfielders in 65m each, which for a full upgrade and the money we managed to get in seems really good. Andre is January seems a logical Thiago replacement too. What a difference a day makes. Appreciate we're not perfect and some work in defence still required but fuck me, I'd have been delighted with this end of last season.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well sell him in a few years, mate. Thats why they allowed the outlay, hes just 21, hell still have resale value in a few years. 

That’s their sustainable model isn’t it. Assuming the deal gets over the line.

12 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So basically we have made it public we are interested but haven’t/won’t bid to show everyone that we tried.

It’s absolute amateur hour at this club, I think they all should go and I’m close to saying so should Jurgen. I just can’t believe a man of his standing is putting up with this crap makes him look weak.

Looks like Jurgen said something???

Can’t believe there are people going out of their way to put a negative spin on this. 

oh we’ll sell him in a few years…

oh why have we waited this long?

oh why didn’t we just get Bellingham then?

It’s a sickness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 16

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

To Thiago’s credit, he seems to not want to have anything to do with the Saudi Arabian ‘project’, even though it would surely double his salary. 

Hopefully he’ll be in some way available for us this season. 

I would keep him for what he can pass on to the younger players and if we get 15 games plus some sub appearances , happy days.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Can’t believe there are people going out of their way to put a negative spin on this. 

It’s a sickness. 

It's mad. Me I just don't believe it at all. Nice try FSG tickle my balls with the promise of a heavy night.

17 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:
NOW, I BELIEVE!

The People's Forum
Post a Response | The People's Forum ]

• LFC spending 3x Onana’s fee on Caceido

Posted by JPinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on August 11, 2023, 1:36 am

£110m.

No way is he worth that amount. Happy for them to be spending that much on him.

I’m happy they are happy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Chris said:

It’s a sickness. 

Completely agree. 

We were all crying out we needed a defensive midfielder, we’ve signed the best one in the league last season. Somebody who will perfectly dovetail with Trent. 

Granted, it’s an awful lot of money, it’s not our money, unfortunately, it’s the going rate. 

Another way of looking at it is we’ve revamped our midfield at the cost of c.£70m per player.

Its a proper, proper statement of intent.

32 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:
NOW, I BELIEVE!

The People's Forum
Post a Response | The People's Forum ]

• LFC spending 3x Onana’s fee on Caceido

£110m.

No way is he worth that amount. Happy for them to be spending that much on him.

3 times the fee, 10 times the talent.