You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions League Draw 22/23

Bjornebye

45 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I'd like to avoid Madrid. 

None of the other teams concern me. 

Would be my thoughts. Not concerned at Bayern. They don’t seem fully at it so far this season and Klopp has gotten the better of Nagelsmann each time we’ve played him.

Given our last few results against them, the atmosphere for Madrid at Anfield would be unreal. 

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I’d like something exciting to look forward to in the second half of the season.

The race for the top 4 is not it.

I would like to win the European Cup for the seventh time. However, facing Real Madrid or Bayern Munich is not something I feel gives us the best chance of doing so. 

Porto please, and allow some of best teams to knock themselves out. 

I don't think the league stuff will be very interesting either. 

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I would like to win the European Cup for the seventh time. However, facing Real Madrid or Bayern Munich is not something I feel gives us the best chance of doing so. 

Porto please, and allow some of best teams to knock themselves out. 

I don't think the league stuff will be very interesting either. 

If we’re going to win it, we’re going to play one of them sooner or later and I’d prefer it be sooner.

Given our record in recent finals against Real, I won’t moan too much if we get the opportunity to play them at Anfield in the next round. We’d only find a new way to lose against them in the final, were we good enough to get there. 

With Juventus, Barcelona and Atletico gone, the second placed side of the draw looks like a Europa Conference group when you take out ourselves and PSG. 

Avoid Bayern.

Karma, being the twat it sometimes can be, I wouldn’t want the chance of seeing Sadio score a potential winner against us.

Seems quite often that forwards come up with a goal against their former clubs.

Let someone else knock them out.

We owe Real a good hiding, they’ll do.