You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House Of The Dragon

Vincent Vega

17 hours ago, Sweeney287 said:

I'll finish the series but finding it a real chore to watch. 

Just finding it really hard to get excited about the storyline and the lack of action gets a bit boring. Turning into a permanent political drama

Crossed with a period drama about who is betrothed to who.

The 10 year time jump was a load of bollocks oh this random dude is now the father of 3 Targeryan prince's. Everyone's changed except Deamons exactly the same. The fittest bird in it becomes another pregnant disaster turned toastie. I'm an episode behind but so far I'm finding it to be a poor version of the first few seasons of game of thrones. I dont like the new little finger character either. Still if you've watched locke and key nothing seems as shit anymore, even my shit is levels above Locke and Key.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Episode 8 was superb. Paddy Considine was note perfect, the make up and effects outstanding.

The writing has been inconsistent but we seem to be on a firmer footing now.

Fair to say that (finally) I'm really enjoying this now.

Agree about episode 8, as I'd been struggling up until then. It was like GoT if channel five had done it. 

One good thing about the time jumps: it's saved us at least half a dozen birthing scenes.

One positive is that they're sticking to a single set of characters and a single story.

My biggest criticism of the books and the show was that he kept creating characters and stories that went nowhere. 

They're not, as yet, doing that this time.

Was concerned when I saw the runtime at an hour and seven minutes, but that was a good episode. 

I still think it’s massively counterproductive to have everyone in the show be unlikeable when the audience is going to have pick sides during the civil war. Will anyone care when this Valerian or that Targaryen dies in battle? Could anyone even name them?

On 12/10/2022 at 17:55, Bobby Hundreds said:

I've not watched that episode yet but Paddy is a brilliant actor. Dead man's shoes is easily in my top 32 films.

I was wondering how I’d recognised the King.

I'm an episode behind but so far I hate it. I hate the characters, I'm not keen on the actors especially the fucking eye patch bellend some bullied little gimp somehow gets the biggest dragon of all and becomes a super fighting machine in spite of having no depth perception. Most of the acting is hammy as fuck. The only good thing it has going for it is I'll see a lot of them die.

Really enjoyed the last two episodes.

The writing for Alicent is excellent, a complex character who I gather was quite one-dimensional in the book version, who clearly has a great love for Rhaenyra which I believe is also a departure.

Looks like it's about to get very dragon-y next week.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2022 at 14:01, polymerpunkah said:

One good thing about the time jumps: it's saved us at least half a dozen birthing scenes.

One positive is that they're sticking to a single set of characters and a single story.

My biggest criticism of the books and the show was that he kept creating characters and stories that went nowhere. 

They're not, as yet, doing that this time.

Really disagree with this, Game of thrones had so many arcs that it could develop so that it could push one storyline whilst building another, this gave a great pace to it. The world Martin created is one of the great attractions of GOT and it is being vastly underused with one tedious family and the best character dead. 

Despite all that I do still like it, it's just the heroes, villains, story and eye candy is a pale imitation!  No wight wankers though, so there is that going for it. 

On 12/10/2022 at 13:45, Numero Veinticinco said:

Agree about episode 8, as I'd been struggling up until then. It was like GoT if channel five had done it. 

A good description for me. It just feels at times like I’m watching a quite well done fantasy show for kids, all looks a bit fake and cartoony. GoT had some magic to it that isn’t really there for this. That said, I’m enjoying it in the main.

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I was thinking “this episode is a big bag of nothing” but what an ending. 

What was good about it? An old woman got her dragon to crush a load of poor people then burp in the face of a few bell ends then just got off. For what reason?

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Really disagree with this, Game of thrones had so many arcs that it could develop so that it could push one storyline whilst building another, this gave a great pace to it. The world Martin created is one of the great attractions of GOT and it is being vastly underused with one tedious family and the best character dead. 

Despite all that I do still like it, it's just the heroes, villains, story and eye candy is a pale imitation!  No wight wankers though, so there is that going for it. 

Possibly the most racist thing ever written on this site and coming from a Hindu too...

7 hours ago, Moo said:

Really enjoyed the last two episodes.

The writing for Alicent is excellent, a complex character who I gather was quite one-dimensional in the book version, who clearly has a great love for Rhaenyra which I believe is also a departure.

Looks like it's about to get very dragon-y next week.

Also a mucky cow, happy for a deceptive cripple to knock one out looking at her feet for political favours. 

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

What was good about it? An old woman got her dragon to crush a load of poor people then burp in the face of a few bell ends then just got off. For what reason?

She should've burnt the lot of them and ended it all right there.  

1 hour ago, Pete said:

She should've burnt the lot of them and ended it all right there.  

Every death in the upcoming war is on her. She could have ended the whole thing.

I did really enjoy the episode it’s not a patch on early game of thrones but enjoyable nonetheless.