You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

House Of The Dragon

Vincent Vega

Starts on Monday on Sky Atlantic, 2.00am initial showing and then the main showing at 9.00pm. 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Are we ready to dive back in to more of George RR Martin’s world, or are people still too pissed off with that Game Of Thrones ending.

Benioff and Weiss have been wisely kept well away from this by HBO following all the negativity around that final season of Game Of Thrones, they’ve turned to Ryan J Condel and Miguel Sapochnik who was responsible for directing some excellent Game Of Thrones episodes (from Wiki):

In 2015, Sapochnik directed two episodes of Game of Thrones for the show's fifth season, "The Gift" and "Hardhome." He returned to direct the final two episodes of Game of Thrones' sixth season, "Battle of the Bastards" and "The Winds of Winter".[7]All of these episodes received acclaim from both critics and viewers. Sapochnik won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards, for directing "Battle of the Bastards".

Personally I’m looking forward to it. This is a nice little explainer for the new series from Martin himself:

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to it. They can't mess it up as badly as they did GoT season 8. Unlike GoT the story for this new series is already complete so the showrunners can't complain about the source material being unfinished. 

Seems to have a solid cast of actual actors, unlike the Lord of the Rings series featuring Lenny bloody Henry and some bird whose greatest claim to fame was being cast as a minor character on a CBeebies show.

5 hours ago, Remmie said:

I will watch avidly but am pretty sure it will be below par just because how will it ever meet the same standards? Will try to have an open mind

Luckily for this the last few seasons of game of thrones lowered those standards so far, I’ll be shocked if this isn’t pish.

Still amazing just how much they fucked that up.

Think I'll wait and see if it's actually any good, and the first series is complete. The stench around GoT still lingers, it even managed to retroactively ruin the earlier series- what's the point in rewatching them, knowing the utter shite that's to come?

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It was a sight to behold bursting my birds bubble last night when she excitedly told me this airs on Monday at 9pm. 

First UK airing is at 2AM Monday morning.  I'm going to record it and fuck the adverts off. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

First UK airing is at 2AM Monday morning.  I'm going to record it and fuck the adverts off. 

Aah is it? Sound I'll tell her to record it and watch it at 6pm then after The Chase has finished the cheeky fucker. 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Should be good.

I think we've been spoiled by top telly in the past 20 judging by all the moaning people do.

The Grumbleweeds, Bergerac, Duty Free. Halcyon days indeed.

To be fair, I'd rather have those than Michael MacIntyre, Rosemary and Thyme and Benidorm.

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Thrones inspired me to go to Hadrian's Wall recently and it was shite, about 2ft high. Plus the gift shop was full of Scots so it clearly doesn't work.

Its hardly the great wall of china is it.  Pity really, could do with keeping those Jocks up north.

Its funny as a academic historian. I much prefer 18thC onwards from a study point of view but from a film/tv medieval/viking era is far more appealing to watch

• Upvote 1