You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calvin Ramsay - Welcome to Liverpool

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Lol that’s a fair challenge. I would’ve included goals too however. 

Wouldn't have worked for my joke.  

I would like to see both our full backs score more though, I reckon they could get 10 between them in the league with the positions they get into.

15 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Is he up to it to play league games now? Better than Neco is currently?

My middle-aged Glasgow pal who’s a footy obsessed Celtic ST holder says he’s clearly talented, but raw and absolutely nowhere near Premier League quality yet and he’ll need a lot of time and probably a loan move first. 

He’s not even had a cap for Scotland yet so no way we’ll see him anywhere near the 1st team this year. Trent and Gomez will be ahead of him and I’d imagine Neco if he isn’t loaned. 

9 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I can't be the only person on here who met these fuckers. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/southport-sockmen-who-swindled-thousands-20906929.amp

They got my mate's socks in the Black Horse And Rainbow, I was having nothing to do with it. 

Me and 2 mates, pictures the lot. The good old days.

10 hours ago, cloggypop said:

I can't be the only person on here who met these fuckers. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/southport-sockmen-who-swindled-thousands-20906929.amp

They got my mate's socks in the Black Horse And Rainbow, I was having nothing to do with it. 

I like the fact while in prison they got to ‘wash’ other prisoners socks. ‘Washed’. ‘Wanked’.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

It seems accepted that he is behind Patterson ( understandably due to their ages ) and that lad couldn't get a game for a very poor Everton side before his injury, so not expecting to see much of Calvin this side of the domestic cups next season.

Bradley's had cup appearances for us, if Ramsay can't win those minutes then I'd be surprised (as much as I rate Bradley as well, Ramsay just looks further along physically from what little I've seen).

At least one of Bradley, Ramsay and Neco will surely be going out on loan, or otherwise.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Trent has the whole game in front of him playing right back which suits his vision and passing ability. Gerrard was a rampaging bull who you wanted to be all over the pitch, and most importantly, in the box. So he suited midfield. It's not all that comparable. You have to look at skill sets.

And Trent does midfield type things at right back anyway, he goes central, he changes positions.. And this Ramsay kid looks similar. 

I get that it's a different game, coming at the game from deep instead of starting from midfield.Also Klopp ripped off some journalists head when he suggested he play in midfield so it's most likely a non-starter.

However, I thought it maybe an interesting experiment if they play the role in a similar way and maybe you could go with Ramsay and Trent interchanging down the right in the short term. From opposition goal kicks in a lot of games at Anfield, Trent's starting position would be on the edge of the opponent's box with Hendo/Jones etc sitting in the right back area. Opposition teams would often then look to attack that area with some degree of success.

If they are not able to bring in someone in midfield then perhaps they may look at managing that by playing Trent just in front of Ramsay with both having the legs to get up and back and create overloads and problems down our right.

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

We might have won the European Cup if Trent wasn’t playing in defence but instead a right back who isn’t constantly caught out.

Hope this helps.

Am I the only one who thinks it was a shot and not a cross for the Real Madrid goal?

He hit that so hard and fast, at a straight angle, it was a strange way to cross a ball. Literally nobody ever does that. Trent was in a good position too, but the speed/power and line of the ball meant he couldn't react, but nobody would have been able to.

I still think it was a shot and they got really lucky. Cunts 

40 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Am I the only one who thinks it was a shot and not a cross for the Real Madrid goal?

He hit that so hard and fast, at a straight angle, it was a strange way to cross a ball. Literally nobody ever does that. Trent was in a good position too, but the speed/power and line of the ball meant he couldn't react, but nobody would have been able to.

I still think in a prem game its offside. I was watching the game in the fan park and it was all in French and they never put the lines on the screen but I have seen goals in the prem given off for that.

13 hours ago, Aventus said:

We do seem to win a lot more trophies when we have a Scot or two in the team.

I wonder if the stats for it are anywhere. 

We have never won the league without a Scot in the side. 

we also never won the league without the Bootroom. - Souness authorised the removal of the old boot room and Klopp re instated the "new" boot room. 

Klopp also bought Robbo and the rest they say is history

3 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Pretty sure after the match he said he just lashed it into the box and hoped for the best (or along those lines).

I also thought Benzema was offside. 

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He was and Konate couldn't reach it as he was making sure Benzema was off.

Same with Trent. He's holding a perfect line to make sure he isn't playing Benzema on. If he had dropped in to cover Vinicius and Benzema had connected with the shot and scored then Trent would be getting blamed for that. 

I'm fairly sure he did exactly what he has been coached to do and he was in the position Klopp would want him to be. It was just a spawny fucking goal.

13 hours ago, Reckoner said:

We might have won nothing over the past 6 years if Trent wasn’t playing in defence but instead a right back who offers fuck all going forward.

Hope this helps.

Very true

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

No, he’s brilliant. But if we are looking for areas to improve he is the weak link in the defence. Against the top teams this could end up being the difference.

Because every top full back in the history of football was never at fault for any goals.

5 hours ago, HBenn said:

Klopp ripped off some journalists head when he suggested he play in midfield so it's most likely a non-starter.

Wasn't that after Southgate was trying to play Trent in Midfield for england, and then Klopp got asked why he doesn't try it?

I'm not surprised he ripped his head off, it must have been quite insulting for someone to imply Southgate knew better than him. 

2 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

We have never won the league without a Scot in the side. 

we also never won the league without the Bootroom. - Souness authorised the removal of the old boot room and Klopp re instated the "new" boot room. 

Klopp also bought Robbo and the rest they say is history

Could add a Gary Mac 2001 treble to the list too

3 hours ago, m0e said:

Because every top full back in the history of football was never at fault for any goals.

I didn’t really say that at all. We are brilliant defensively but if we have one relatively weak point in the team it’s on the right of defence . 
I know he pushes up and he’s told to but the same issues are less apparent on the left.

But if Klopp is happy with that then I am too, it’s quite possible the advantages in attack far out way the limitations defensively but being caught out has been going on for years. I loveTrent, I don’t really blame him for it but it will continue to frustrate me.

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Wasn't that after Southgate was trying to play Trent in Midfield for england, and then Klopp got asked why he doesn't try it?

I'm not surprised he ripped his head off, it must have been quite insulting for someone to imply Southgate knew better than him. 

Like asking Picasso does he take tips from Neil Buchanan.

8 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I didn’t really say that at all. We are brilliant defensively but if we have one relatively weak point in the team it’s on the right of defence . 
I know he pushes up and he’s told to but the same issues are less apparent on the left.

But if Klopp is happy with that then I am too, it’s quite possible the advantages in attack far out way the limitations defensively but being caught out has been going on for years. I loveTrent, I don’t really blame him for it but it will continue to frustrate me.

You said we'd need him to move out of RB and to get a better defender in. Your reason, or at least your exhibit A, was the CL final winning goal.

I'll point out that we made our 3rd CL final, and 4th European Cup final in 7 years, having won everything else in between, with him at right back.

As Klopp once said, "I'm happy these people aren't making the decisions."