You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (H) - Sat 5th Mar 2022 (5:30pm)

Trumo

30 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I thought our offside trap / high line whatever was a bit dodgy today. Three or four times West Ham got clean through really easily. 
Normally those turn out to be offside but they were all onside.

Yeah. I think VVD and Konate havent developed the understanding VVD and Matip have. A few wider gaps in the defensive line than normal and also a pretty few squiggly defensive lines too. Antonio was a handfull for our CBs despite not being a particular good player. He's like Adama Traore with goals thrown in.

Pundits are obsessed with our high defensive line because they are having trouble processing how a team can deliberately do it as part of their overall game plan to compress play into an opponent’s half, and also back themselves to have players who can deal with the occasions when the opposition get through it.

It goes against accepted wisdom and so it’s a bit like Pythagoras proposing that the Earth is a sphere - a concept quite a few had to get their head around over a period of time.

• Upvote 1

My only comment is, after not dealing with them on their own patch, we had to win. We did. I would have liked us to fuck them all over the place for their impudence, but we just needed the 3 points, and we got them.

The Reds Are Coming Up The Hill.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I thought our offside trap / high line whatever was a bit dodgy today. Three or four times West Ham got clean through really easily. 

That Fornals fella is a bit good, no? Almost Ljungberg-esque in making those late runs, lucky for us he couldn't finish for shit though.

35 minutes ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

That Fornals fella is a bit good, no? Almost Ljungberg-esque in making those late runs, lucky for us he couldn't finish for shit though.

A decent footballer but a terrible sportsman. He tried to get Virgil sent off.

15 minutes ago, aRdja said:

A decent footballer but a terrible sportsman. He tried to get Virgil sent off.

That was bad yeah but nowhere near the card-waving fuckery of a certain Portuguese midfielder plying his trade in Manchester.

If I were the Inter manager, I'd be making Lautaro Martinez and my other attackers watch closely his and Vlasic (sp?) movements especially in the attacking third, think that scene in Clockwork Orange with eyedrops and all. Them fuckers were beating our offside traps almost at will.

West Ham fans in all their glory.

Re: Who Will Beat Us To Top 4?

Post Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:24 pm

hammers92 wrote: Its staggering people actually believe the FA microwave a couple beforehand.
I don’t, I think the balls are coated in the aroma of the area that the club is from. So, for example, if a ball is pulled out that smells of despair, hopelessness and clamydia you wouldn’t pair that with one that smells of a dilapidated library as you want to avoid drawing Liverpool against Arsenal.

Moyes crying about Jota’s tackle being a red card while ignoring Dawaon’s on Mane at the start of the second half. Worse and already on a yellow. And crying that we get different treatment from them. Still full-on Everton mentality.

32 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Moyes crying about Jota’s tackle being a red card while ignoring Dawaon’s on Mane at the start of the second half. Worse and already on a yellow. And crying that we get different treatment from them. Still full-on Everton mentality.

I believe Spit said it was/could have been a Red as well.  Bad tit.

6 hours ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

Decent, but nowhere near consistent enough.  It's definitely worth watching a highlights video. Watching him for 90 minutes every week, seeing all those missed shots and wrong decisions in the box, is a different matter. There's a reason Ljungberg played for a team that won loads of stuff and Fornals plays for West Ham.

I was expecting Alisson to have to battle again with two or three West Ham players surrounding at corners, but, surprisingly, Alisson didn't seem to have prepared any response (even though he was reduced to a gibbering wreck last time around), and, even more surprisingly, West Ham didn't seem that committed to the tactic this time around. So no problem. But I did think it was a bit strange that we hadn't at least planned something to give our keeper some protection - one forward stood right against him at the front, another stood behind him on the goalline and one blocked him running out. Alisson managed to punch the first corner away but it still looked a bit ominous.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Spot on.

I didn't see MOTD but if they were criticising our defending last night, they were well within their rights. West Ham should've scored three or four easy chances.

10 hours ago, m0e said:

Things seldom change.

The pundits will chat shit.

The usual culprits will moan about everything that isn't perfect.

And the Mighty Reds will just keep on winning.

Did anyone else read this in the voice of Baz Luhrmann’s Sunscreen?

• Upvote 2

What gets me about MOTD is that, if you only watched their pundits this season, you'd assume we were as tactically naive as Bielsa's Leeds and struggling as a consequence way down the league table. If they're being serious about the high line 'issue' then they really need to bring into the discussion why we have such a good defensive record over the past few years, why we manage to keep quite few clean sheets, acquired record numbers of points, and why we've managed to win the league, the Champions League and several other trophies whilst persevering with this 'dangerous' tactic. You can't just keep tut-tutting as if you've just found a glaring error that Klopp is too stupid to recognise. It's an insult to viewers a well as to the team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

There's definitely an agenda, must piss them right off when we batter someone, they can't pick holes then!

Of course they have an agenda, most of their 20 pundits said before the season started we'd finish 4th or even outside the top 4.