You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really a pessimist but I don't have super great confidence we'll win this. Klopp has that weird, bad finals record thing that may or may not mean anything but it always kind of hangs over his head. And I think we're under pressure to win stuff with this group, which is uncomfortable. Psychologically, I think it's really important we win this. 

Also, although we've proven to be better than them for years over the course of a league season and we're probably better than them man for man in general, Tuchel has made them extremely hard to beat in cup competitions and we haven't beaten them since he took over there. It feels like they could do a job on us, as they say. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm not really a pessimist but I don't have super great confidence we'll win this. Klopp has that weird, bad finals record thing that may or may not mean anything but it always kind of hangs over his head. And I think we're under pressure to win stuff with this group, which is uncomfortable. Psychologically, I think it's really important we win this. 

Also, although we've proven to be better than them for years over the course of a league season and we're probably better than them man for man in general, Tuchel has made them extremely hard to beat in cup competitions and we haven't beaten them since he took over there. It feels like they could do a job on us, as they say. 

This is why they are ten points behind us in the League.

This team is too good and Klopp is too good to 'only' win what it has so far.

Of course the main reason it has not won more is Citeh being cheating bastards.....but tomorrow we have a chance to start setting about putting the record a bit straighter - hopefully we do and hopefully we can add more over next couple of years or so under this genius manager.

Tomorrow is going to be tough though, Chelsea are a very good side, they are winners too and have shown this season they are a team who we find it hard against.

It is IMO a proper 50/50 "pick 'em" game.

One thing ill say for City; in giving the league cup their full attention whilst swatting aside lower-league sides with their billion pound squad they've raised it's profile imo. It's not the Mickey mouse cup anymore and it's a worthwhile prize to win. 

Up the reds, being it home and get the quadruple done. 

On 25/02/2022 at 06:45, Mook said:

I've had to neg this for the completely unnecessary Destiny's Child diatribe.

Not sure what @Trumo is on about there, Independent Women is a tune. The 2 Many DJs mash up with Dreadlock Holiday is quality too.

Also Lucy Liu is tremendous in everything and Charlie’s Angels is pretty close to peak Luc Liu. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Grinch said:

One things for sure.  A game between two German teams years back will have fuck all bearing on tomorrow.

The finals talk has always been daft.

His first two finals here were with Brendan's team and we came within a penalty kick of winning one of those.

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is why they are ten points behind us in the League.

Good thing you read that part, oh wait, you didn't. 

We normally don't match up well with their midfielders. They are all small and quick (except Jorginho who rarely starts against us) and pretty press resistant. Not sure both Fab and Thiago have started against them though. My biggest worry is the 3rd midfielder. I'd actually be tempted to give Harvey a go. Hendo has been run rings around the last few times we,'ve played them, and with Harvey (or Curtis) we'd be able to give them something to worry about defensively.

I'm hopeful we'll have too much for them, but can easily see a 0-0 or 1-1.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Tough for betting tomorrow. 

Kelleher in nets, no Firmino, highly possible no Jota. 

Lukaku looking for a big display.

Kante likely to be a bastard to play against. 

Henderson very up and down form. 

Tight.

It is a proper 50/50 job - could easily go either way.

Styles make fights and their style is arguably bad for us, but if we are at our best we win....if we aren't they can easily do so.

Proper "pick 'em" job.