You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2020(21)

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, CapeRed said:

Nah definitely have been other fan booing national anthems and also the taking of the knee lets also not forget monkey noises in Eastern Europe and Italy. There's knobheads everywhere.

I’ve just not noticed it (I’m on about the euros in particular not in general) but yes absolutely there are nobheads everywhere.  England have a lot of fucking nobheads following them. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

You can normally go back up to 10 years to find a spelling mistake in someone’s post to try and prove your point but can’t swing 30 pages here? “We got called racists for supporting England”  who are “we” did someone call England fans racist for booing the knee ? I remember that bit. The ones who booed are racists. The collective aren’t 

Bit odd you berating me for not looking when you're too lazy to look yourself. Here's just two examples:

39 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Woah where have a labelled every England fan with anything ? I mean you’ve literally just blamed Scotland for England fans booing national anthems. I’ve seen them do it in friendlies against the likes of San Marino yet alone Scotland or France. The booing of the knee? Again not all but a fair percentage have been doing it. UEFA have charged England with 3 separate things today because of the behaviour of a section of the support. Are any fans of any other nation getting charged for anything? 

Ive said previously it’s not all England supporters , of course it isn’t but just because some are decent it doesn’t mean people can’t be disgusted with those who are idiots 

Nope but once again on here, people deal in absolutes whenever anyone posts something they dont agree with. Sorry, but Im not going to pre qualify every single statement I post otherwise they'll be as long as Paul Tomkins diatribes.

Im merely stating facts. Go back in time to the Home internationals of the 1970s. All 4 nations had GSTQ as the anthem. Whenever England played at Hampden, the scotland fans booed. That's a fact. When devolution came along, Scotland and Wales went with Flower and the Welsh with Land of my fathers. No problem with that whatsoever. I just wished the FA had ditched GSTQ for something else like the rugby lads did.

Did all scottish fans boo GSTQ? Very much doubt it, same as it's not all England fans that boo other nation's anthems either.

The nobs within England support took up the challenge of booing anthems of anyone. It's classic tribal fan behaviour that goes on everywhere but it needs to stop. The thickosdont seem to understand it probably acts as a spur to the offended oppos as well.

You mention booing the knee, what other countries are actually taking the knee? Denmark's players didnt take the knee last night as is their right to do so. Why arent they taking the knee? What are these other nations afraid of, booing from their fans?

People on here say they dont see these things happening in other countries. Many other countries arent taking the knee for example so clearly there cant be any booing it. The plain fact is unsavoury things do happen in other countries.

I find it weird people go on about nationalism yet the most nationalistic displays come from players of other countries belting out their national anthems! Personally, I think they need dropping from international football altogether but that's just my opinion.

Edited by dockers_strike
added to state the 70s as the start of the booing.

4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Bit odd you berating me for not looking when you're too lazy to look yourself. Here's just two examples:

So calling out “racist England fans” is calling all England fans racist? 

Im not berating you I’m just taking the piss 

Why are you still avoiding my other question? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

So calling out “racist England fans” is calling all England fans racist? 

Im not berating you I’m just taking the piss 

Why are you still avoiding my other question? 

He was calling other posters on here racists, among other things. He literally calls someone a retarded racist in one of the posts I just gave you.

Re: the other question, I don't believe you haven't noticed the considerable overlap between those holding anti-England and anti-Isr sentiment.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

He was calling other posters on here racists, among other things. He literally calls someone a retarded racist in one of the posts I just gave you.

Re: the other question, I don't believe you haven't noticed the considerable overlap between those holding anti-England and anti-Isr sentiment.

So not labelling “all England fans” as racist. 

No, what overlap? Do explain. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Off the top of my head

The "i don't miss twice" comment (or words to that effect) in our game.

I swear on my kids life I got a touch, it's my goal. He didn't.

Dangerous play, purposely backing into players and not jumping with them to get a free kick,  causing other player to fall from height and risk injury.

I can’t be arsed getting worked up over things footy players say. Backing into players and not jumping with them to win free-kicks is, like it or not, part and parcel of the game. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CapeRed said:

It was soft no ands, ifs or buts there. Fair play for not watching.

I have not watched a second of the whole shitfest.

I despise international footy and i despise ingerlund and all the shite that surrounds them.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Read DS's post. That was the original plan but covid fucked it up and also prevented games being played in certain countries. Ireland for example was a venue but would not or could not commit to games with crowds. Before the tournament England , apoarently, were shite and going to get battered by whichever half decent team they met. I get it that you are gutted that they are in the final but just let it go its only international footy.

Why are you and Docker obsessed with bringing up that people were calling England are shite is totally irrelevant to what I'm talking about?

For the record I do think England are garbage but any team that gets to play at home every game, against modest opposition, will do well.

The fact remains that the competition has been played in multiple countries with crowds, so why didn't they just abandon the idea and host it in one country or work out a fairer schedule that didn't benefit some of the teams.

Anyway as usual we just go around in circles here.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

There’s a book to be run on the new national hate figure if we do get through to play Italy. I’m sure Chiellini would quickly go from a bit of a joker to something altogether more malignant in the nation’s consciousness.

Have to say I have loved Chiellini this tournament. Celebrating a goal by sprinting about 200 yards when he barely runs then it being disallowed and him going off fucked was outstanding. He’s also the same age as me but could easily pass for my dad. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Have to say I have loved Chiellini this tournament. Celebrating a goal by sprinting about 200 yards when he barely runs then it being disallowed and him going off fucked was outstanding. He’s also the same age as me but could easily pass for my dad. 

Chiellini messing with Jordi Alba at the coin toss for penalties, then picking him up like he's a toddler, was the moment of the tournament for me.

55 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Why are you and Docker obsessed with bringing up that people were calling England are shite is totally irrelevant to what I'm talking about?

For the record I do think England are garbage but any team that gets to play at home every game, against modest opposition, will do well.

The fact remains that the competition has been played in multiple countries with crowds, so why didn't they just abandon the idea and host it in one country or work out a fairer schedule that didn't benefit some of the teams.

You keep ignoring the information put before you. You sound like a flat earther who keeps repeating the mantra the Earth is flat, ergo it is flat without proof.

I and others have attempted to explain how this Euro competition was organised, why some countries couldnt play at home, why Wembley is staging games and how any of the other nations would have played a similar number of 'home' games as England have and will if they'd staged the semis and finals and reached the final.

If you want to believe England are shite (I tend to agree with you and have said i think Italy will win 2-0) or FSG dont spend on transfers, knock yourself out.

What I have railed against is the anti English \ England stuff. It's strange dont you think that the England players have been taking the knee yet, many people on here, rather than see that as a good, go on about those nobs who have booed, all the time while hardly any other nation has taken the knee.

Scotland werent taking the knee but like Germany, did it when they played England. Why am I hearing about some England nobs booing 'the knee' yet many are quiet about other countries not even doing it? It's fucking weird.

If you're unhappy with the way UEFA have organised the competition,why dont you write to Mr Ceferin instead of repeating the same stuff ad nauseam to a bunch of people on a football forum who have zip input on it so we dont have to keep going around your circle?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Not we...YOU.  Read up on how it came about and just fucking live with it. Your like the 4 year old who just keeps saying why after every answer!!

We’re supposed to get behind a team who’s fans boo their own team taking the knee, the oppositions national anthem and shine a laser pen into the eyes of their goalkeeper.

The team that’s in the final due to a horrific penalty decision that we’d be complaining about for decades. 

Oh, they’re bringing Jordan Henderson on….

Come on Eng er land!

In short, I’m supporting Italy until our captain comes on, then I’m supporting the team he’s playing for.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, there's no excusing it. All the booing of national anthems started with scottish fans booing god save the queen when they played England and before they adopted Flower of Scotland (which is a good anthem, I have to say). Sadly, the nobheads at Wembley took up the challenge. It's an utter disgrace and stain on decent fans.

Scottish fans boo it because in the sixth verse of the song, it urges God to help 17th Century commander Marshal Wade "crush" the "rebellious Scots".