You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

24 minutes ago, Edward. said:

She did say barring a miracle. It does sound from what her and her family are telling me that things are pretty horrendous. 

Don't worry about first hand information from the ground over Ukraine mate  if our armchair generals on a football forum say its all fine and dandy over then who are others to argue? 

In all seriousness I'm sure they'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Don't worry about first hand information from the ground over Ukraine mate  if our armchair generals on a football forum say its all fine and dandy over then who are others to argue? 

I hope so. They do try and live life as normally as possible under the circumstances despite the rockets and constant sirens sitting in the basement at school. We did receive a valentines card this morning from their 13 year old daughter so I’m sure things can’t be too bad.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Don't think anyone has ever said that, they've said Russia was wrong to invade and Ukraine is right to defend itself. Only you, Gnasher,  would use the idea of Ukrainians suffering to attack Ukraine/The West and not the Russians for actually, you know, causing it.

Ukraine should surrender, bastards putting their people through all this needless war stuff. Twats.

Anyway, good news about that Russian ship.

d44391bd-fd72-4b8e-b0ca-68d54b7bdb8f_text.gif

• Upvote 1

On 13/02/2024 at 16:30, TheSire said:

QI don't really see why he has to be asked tough questions. What does he need to be quizzed for? Their country was invaded, is Zelensky supposed to have done something wrong?

Just existing is enough for some people to get angry.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Don't think anyone has ever said that, they've said Russia was wrong to invade and Ukraine is right to defend itself. Only you, Gnasher,  would use the idea of Ukrainians suffering to attack Ukraine/The West and not the Russians for actually, you know, causing it.

Ukraine should surrender, bastards putting their people through all this needless war stuff. Twats.

Anyway, good news about that Russian ship.

d44391bd-fd72-4b8e-b0ca-68d54b7bdb8f_text.gif

An awful lot of strange shit going on in that post. 

On 13/02/2024 at 16:30, TheSire said:

QI don't really see why he has to be asked tough questions. What does he need to be quizzed for? Their country was invaded, is Zelensky supposed to have done something wrong?

Didn't 40 million or so go missing? Didn't the main man in the Ukrainian army just resign? 

Of course people are going to ask questions.

53 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Didn't 40 million or so go missing? Didn't the main man in the Ukrainian army just resign? 

Of course people are going to ask questions.

I thought you would ask him how come it took Russia two days to get to Mariupol from Crimea. And why was the bridge still standing when they rolled into Kherson at the same time.

We are just 10 days away from 2 years of Putin's war. I'd say the Ukrainians are doing a lot better than the world expected.

2024 & 2025 will depend upon western support. If Trump gets in power, then it's the end of Ukraine as we know it and probably the end of NATO. But even if he doesn't, the Russian supporters in the Republican Party will do their best to ensure a Ukrainian defeat. It's not going to be easy.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I thought you would ask him how come it took Russia two days to get to Mariupol from Crimea. And why was the bridge still standing when they rolled into Kherson at the same time.

It's a stalemate. Ukraine haven't got the ammo òr the men.

4 hours ago, Gnasher said:

An awful lot of strange shit going on in that post. 

There is, you’re right - he was accurately outlining your behaviour in this thread. Very strange indeed

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Ukraine just sunk a Russian ship didn't they? 

Yeah good.

It's the situation with manpower on the ground this video deals with. It's grim. Ukraine are losing lives, many many lives. They've also just sacked their top general. They're going to run out of men. 

This report below is imo as accurate as you're going to get. 

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Once they run out of men, they can always go back to mobilizing old women, as per the previous links.

Most of those women are probably dead now.

No, they seem to be looking over the horizon for other steams of cannon fodder now. I'm sure you'll be one of the first to thrust your hand in the air when Johnson and the other Grifters send out the calling. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/01/26/boris-johnson-british-army-fight-uk-russia-war/?s=09

Russia have already lost the war. Even if Ukraine cede land to them, with its ruined buildings, Russia's reputation as a capable military force is shattered for good. Putin is forever isolated, the oligarchs are persona non grata in the West. Ukraine has lost troops, civilians, villages, Russia has lost ships, generals, admirals. Their top mercenary tried to start a coup and was offed.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It all depends on how much money they have left. Money builds new bridges.

Shiny new bridges are not often constructed over "rubble". Those new money bridges will be reaching out to different partners methinks.

Certainly there are quite a few Russki fellas with topped up bank accounts with plans that go well beyond Putin's time left on earth.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Russia have already lost the war. Even if Ukraine cede land to them, with its ruined buildings, Russia's reputation as a capable military force is shattered for good. Putin is forever isolated, the oligarchs are persona non grata in the West. 

I agree with most of that. Putin massively misjudged that invasion. The part on him being isolated though is starting to unravel now. He's forged closer links to China and countries across Africa and South America. Plus the American/Israeli actions in Gaza has been a lifeline. Putins positioned himself on the right side in the eyes of most of the world. Gaza has also shone a light on American hypocrisy. 

• Upvote 1

My point was, Russia is economically much more important than Ukraine. The West is still doing good business with Russia. Billions are still made on equipment and even machinery necessary for Russian military industrial production, this is all knowingly exported either through intermediaries or directly to Russians. Imagine the deals once the war is over.

• Upvote 1

So Johnson will join the British Army if it is fighting Russia, but won't join the Ukranian Irregulars, which has a more pressing need. Riiiiiiiiiight, Boris. No pointless posturing there, then.