You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) PL - Sat 20th Feb 2021 at 17:30

TheDrowningMan

10 minutes ago, niallers said:

He was rushed back for city, understandably, but it's matip all over again. We have and had to play players who weren't fit and its caused them to be out for more than what they should have. Add the lack of rotation due to said injuries and it quickly spirals downwards. We just need to fire fight till the end of the season as we can't do much else

I dont get that.

Playing semi fit players against arguably the best team in Europe for what is still only 3 points seems a flawed approach.

Even if the alternatives arent great.     

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Alisson has an awful injury record for a keeper. We need a strong backup because they'll end up playing a quarter of our games. 

According to Klopp he's fine ...Be nice if now and again some of these Twitter rumours say concerned Fernandes and Utd fans can panic 

On 16/02/2021 at 22:56, Trumo said:

the start of my 'Nil Satis...' pun-a-thon.

The horror.

On 16/02/2021 at 22:58, El Rojo said:

DrowningMan floating around on his lilo in gold Speedo’s drinking cocktails.

3-1 

Pics or GTFO.

And negged for the errant apostrophe.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Very much doubt we win this

Why? Not been this confident over a Derby. We’ll smash them by 3 or 4. Their midfield is shit, Pickford is shit. Think their players lose their head in Derbies & play the occasion rather than the game. Cool heads v them cunts will see us prevail comfortably. Mo with a couple. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Davies make his debut, maybe for the threat of Calvert Lewin. Hendo back in the middle. Comfortable. 

2 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Why? Not been this confident over a Derby. We’ll smash them by 3 or 4. Their midfield is shit, Pickford is shit. Think their players lose their head in Derbies & play the occasion rather than the game. Cool heads v them cunts will see us prevail comfortably. Mo with a couple. Wouldn’t surprise me if we see Davies make his debut, maybe for the threat of Calvert Lewin. Hendo back in the middle. Comfortable. 

Because Carlo will park the bus, they've been quite good against the best teams in the league/attacking sides, and if Calvert-Lewin is back, it will be a difficult ask to mark him with the defenders we have. 

I’d consider leaving Thiago out.  There’s far more chance of them coming out and smashing our players everywhere than the other way around.  They did it last time and basically got away with it.  Thiago doesn’t strike me as the type of lad to shy away from it but you never know and there’s also chance he goes looking for some retribution.  I’d rather not put him in that situation.  If he gets another injury like that it will really will damage his career here.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Because Carlo will park the bus, they've been quite good against the best teams in the league/attacking sides, and if Calvert-Lewin is back, it will be a difficult ask to mark him with the defenders we have. 

Add to that the fact that we’re shocking at set pieces, especially corners, and they’re good at it.

Set pieces is a very important factor in football, and a very nice way to turn a tight game in your favour, or get a goal on a day your attacking play isn’t working properly.

On a good day we are still capable of steamrolling these, but also we seem to have to play very well to win these days, they dont.