You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WWF Draft Discussion Thread

Bjornebye

20 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

How can you have the Rock ‘n’ Sock

Connection and The Rock and Mankind picked in the same draft?

I queried this beforehand & Stig defined the rules. Hate the game, not the playa.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Remmie said:

2nd best? I don't remember Bret Hart winning the Olympics!

I was gutted that HHH was taken. I was close to picking a tag team but I just don't think tag teams are anywhere near as big a deal as the solo stars.

What's difficult is trying to decide whether to include hall of fame wrestlers that you never liked. Some have gone already and their career looks great on paper but I just didn't get their gimmick/character

Every side must have a tag team mate 

All tag teams are supposed to be judged by them as a tag team so if you want to pick someone like the Rock and sock connection it's cool, but they shouldn't be judged as The Rock and Mankind but as the tag team

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

All tag teams are supposed to be judged by them as a tag team so if you want to pick someone like the Rock and sock connection it's cool, but they shouldn't be judged as The Rock and Mankind but as the tag team

3 time tag team champions.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

3 time tag team champions.

They also don't have the years under the belt most do. 

The initial run was 31st Aug 199 to Oct 1999. Then another short run from Nov 1999 to March 2000 and a couple of odd reunions as both Foley and the Rock became part time wrestlers with Foley in and out of retirement and the Rock in and out of Hollywood. 

I'm not knocking them as a team but they and all tag teams are judged on tag team careers not singles competition 

36 minutes ago, Elite said:

As if achievements matter, it's all fucking rigged anyway.

I'm judging this on which characters I think are unique and the most engaging.

Achievements have to matter to an extent because it's a reflection of ability, charisma, talent and showmanship. Especially heels, to get decent title runs over a long period of time means they are doing well. Heel picks could be the difference maker here.

That's why one of the reasons The Undertaker is such a good pick. Spans eras as both a heel and face with a unique iconic image and gimmick.

2 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Achievements have to matter to an extent because it's a reflection of ability, charisma, talent and showmanship. Especially heels, to get decent title runs over a long period of time means they are doing well. Heel picks could be the difference maker here.

That's why one of the reasons The Undertaker is such a good pick. Spans eras as both a heel and face with a unique iconic image and gimmick.

I get your point but there have been some crap champions that have had multiple titles as well.

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

2nd best? I don't remember Bret Hart winning the Olympics!

I was gutted that HHH was taken. I was close to picking a tag team but I just don't think tag teams are anywhere near as big a deal as the solo stars.

What's difficult is trying to decide whether to include hall of fame wrestlers that you never liked. Some have gone already and their career looks great on paper but I just didn't get their gimmick/character

With a broken fricking neck...Hitman is still the best for me mind

I knew you were on about Mr Perfect yesterday Tony. He was my next pick. Was torn between him and Roddy Piper but Piper was far more popular for a longer time. If it was on just technical ability then over half of those picked so far wouldn't have been touched yet. 

Oh and you would only have been allowed 1 tag-team because thats the rules you fucking custard cream.

You only want more than one tag-team because of yer ma

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I knew you were on about Mr Perfect yesterday Tony. He was my next pick. Was torn between him and Roddy Piper but Piper was far more popular for a longer time. If it was on just technical ability then over half of those picked so far wouldn't have been touched yet. 

Oh and you would only have been allowed 1 tag-team because thats the rules you fucking custard cream.

You only want more than one tag-team because of yer ma

One tag team? I would have seen my arse, sulked and refused to log in for about two and a half minutes. 

Piper is a great pick. You should have included managers, though, you frigging fig roll.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

One tag team? I would have seen my arse, sulked and refused to log in for about two and a half minutes. 

Piper is a great pick. You should have included managers, though, you frigging fig roll.

I nearly did include managers.