You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday 30th Dec v Leicester. Let's hunt some foxes, Tally Ho.

Guest Pistonbroke

What I liked best about this win was how we didn’t let Matip’s fuck-up stop us. Massive improvement in the second half and a real desire to win, illustrated by Can’s wrestling for the ball after the equaliser.

I loved how Salah refused to go down for a free-kick when he wrestled away from the horrible Maguire. What a fantastic signing Mo’s proving to be.

A hard fought and well deserved victory.

• Upvote 1

What I liked best about this win was how we didn’t let Matip’s fuck-up stop us. Massive improvement in the second half and a real desire to win, illustrated by Can’s wrestling for the ball after the equaliser.

I loved how Salah refused to go down for a free-kick when he wrestled away from the horrible Maguire. What a fantastic signing Mo’s proving to be.

A hard fought and well deserved victory.

You could argue that Can deserves an assist for the second goal as the only reason that galoot Maguire didn't haul Mo down was the earlier yellow card.

i thought that Maguire played quite well for them today. Seemed to intercept a lot of our passses across their box and was always looking to get things moving.

I would like to add I have had quite a lot of sun and alcohol today in case I am badly wrong here but his face seemed to be always on the telly when our attacks broke down.

I listened to the game on R5.

The commentators were full of praise for Maguire. They said if it wasn’t for his outstanding defence, Liverpool would have scored a shed load.

Today’s Sunday Times repeated the compliments for Maguire, claiming he should be a certain starter for England in the WC.

Maguire has detractors on this thread and admirers in the media.

Fake news is everywhere.

Well Maguire had a better game than Matip and he was playing against Mo.

Both got done once for a goal

Maguire lucky Salah didn't finish a couple of others

They only really had the one chance after that we coped pretty well even with the long shit at the end

The commentators were full of praise for Maguire. They said if it wasn’t for his outstanding defence, Liverpool would have scored a shed load.

Today’s Sunday Times repeated the compliments for Maguire, claiming he should be a certain starter for England in the WC.

Fake news is everywhere.

He's a big part of the reason why we've done the double over Leicester this year.  He was absolutely dreadful against us at the King Power and while he was a bit better yesterday, he got destroyed in the single 1 on 1 duel he couldn't afford to lose.

He's a mediocre defender and manages to look stupid in a team that does almost nothing but sit back and counter. The media love-in for him is inexplicable. 

• Upvote 1

Fake news is everywhere.

Wasn’t his best game game... got done a couple of times by Salah, but he was still quite good. Got the best defensive stats of all the centre halfs playing yesterday.

Wasn’t his best game game... got done a couple of times by Salah, but he was still quite good. Got the best defensive stats of all the centre halfs playing yesterday.

Also should have been in the book for constant fouling but the ref ignored all his holding of Salah shirt

Maguire is your typical centre back that the English love to wank over. Full of praise for his last gasp tackle when a good footballer wouldn't be hopelessly out of position to begin with.

This.

Our media and pundits elevate shite like this and then scratch their heads when these painfully limited grocks get shown up at the World Cup.

(See also, managers like Fat Sham and goalies like Jordan Pickford.)