You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middlesbrough (A) - 7:45pm, 14/12/16 - The Desolation of Smoggies.

Trumo

that wasn't bad. Thought it was going to be a long night and had a Chelsea 2014 feel about us with Henderson in the Gerrard role. The goal settled us and the 2nd half performance killed them off. Lallana is stepping up in coutinho's absence and Origi keeps scoring.

mignolet strong left arm save from fischer can't be underestimated. perfect tonic ahead of the trip to Castle greyskull.

that wasn't bad. Thought it was going to be a long night and had a Chelsea 2014 feel about us with Henderson in the Gerrard role. The goal settled us and the 2nd half performance killed them off. Lallana is stepping up in coutinho's absence and Origi keeps scoring.

mignolet strong left arm save from fischer can't be underestimated. perfect tonic ahead of the trip to Castle greyskull.

Why are we going where He Man lives?

I missed the first half, but I streamed the second.  Eleventy - nil would have flattered them.

That looked like the Liverpool I have come to know and love this season.  

I think it was about the 77th minute, someone played a forward ball too long and Wijnaldum sprinted as if his life depended on it, to keep the thing in play.  The little wascal has spiwit.

I missed the first half, but I streamed the second. Eleventy - nil would have flattered them.

That looked like the Liverpool I have come to know and love this season.

I think it was about the 77th minute, someone played a forward ball too long and Wijnaldum sprinted as if his life depended on it, to keep the thing in play. The little wascal has spiwit.

Yes, Wijnaldum getting to that ball was brilliant but he followed it up with a dummy that fooled himself more than the defender and ended up losing it in a really good position. Perhaps the other players just didn't expect him to get to it and be in such a good position, or perhaps he just held it too long.

In all honesty, all the players were fighting like that and it could easily have been to protect the goalkeeper after what happened to Karius. If so it shows there is a strong squad togetherness that they want to protect each other.

The Klopp effect.

Just what the doctor ordered.   Need to keep picking up the points now until Coutinho gets back

I think the timing of Coutinho's return is perfect in terms of Mane going off, because he can come back into the team and Origi move to the right side of the attack.  The most important thing for the team is to have Lallana and Firmino playing central.  He didn't do a great deal, but Firmino looked a much better player last night in the second half.  It's clear the fluidity that he, Mane, Lallana and Origi showed in the second half is what teams find difficult to cope with.  When we played Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum in the same team, we lost the fluidity and the ability to press very high.  We were predictable, slow, and easy to defend against. 

Much more like it. We came out in that second half the way we should have done at Bournemouth. I can't remember Middlesbrough creating anything in the second half and I think Klopp's subtle tactical change at half time was the reason.

In the first half, we dominated possession but were playing in front of the Boro back 8. There was very little space in behind. It meant that our full backs could play high up as Boro chose to sit back and try and break if/when we lost the ball rather than attempt to press. Five minutes before the break, Klopp told the players to look for the pace of Mane and Origi in more direct fashion and that change forced Boro to try and stop us from playing those balls over the top and down the channels. Suddenly they were stretched and looked very exposed.

If our team goes out with the attitude and endeavour to do what they are capable of in every game, most teams will not be able to live with us. It's the complacency and the slackness after the break that needs to be guarded against.

• Upvote 2

Very important result last nights game was in our season. You have moments in a season where momentum can go against you even if you are playing well. With the keeper nonsense, Coutinho and Matip missing we needed that result and performance.

I was thinking it would be a low scoring draw. But to get a convincing win against a team that have shown they can defend well and show grit is very promising.

• Upvote 1

Long before the end I was reminded we are actually quite good. Their fans were pissed off and felt their players didn't try but the reality was we didn't give them a chance to play. Second half was excellent.

Did anyone notice the arsehole groundsman as we were warming up? Decided to populate the penalty area preventing us doing the unopposed bit and shooting (which had to take place in the second, temporary goal). They were asked to move on by the coaching team but refused to do so proding the ground with their forks. Quite deliberate. Petty gamesmanship that should be reported.

Glad we stuffed 'em, glad the fans were pissed