You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shit sports

Elite

Baseball is embarrassing.

There is barely any action and most of the time is spent while players walk from and towards the bench, while "fans" are more concerned about the queue for the junk food.

Any sport where they serve you ice cold beer at your seat and you can get a suntan is boss.

Fishing is fucking silly.

Its like standing in the street offering people sweets and when they attempt to take one, kidnapping them, sticking them in your shed for 3 hours then letting them go.

Glad i reread that and realised it was fishing. Otherwise that was a very dark post

You couldn't be more wrong about snooker actually. You either have it or you don't. How good you are is down to practice in the same way as football is.

Hmm, not sure about that. I'm sure there's some who are feakishly good at judging angles and what not, but by and large weren't all the best players just down the snooker hall from the age of about four or some shit while everyone else was out riding bikes and wanking? 

The fact Beta Blockers are considered performance enhancing drugs in Snooker give me a moment of pause. 

Hmm, not sure about that. I'm sure there's some who are feakishly good at judging angles and what not, but by and large weren't all the best players just down the snooker hall from the age of about four or some shit while everyone else was out riding bikes and wanking?

The fact Beta Blockers are considered performance enhancing drugs in Snooker give me a moment of pause.

I used to know a guy down the local pub who would improve at pool the more pissed he was, probably because his nerves were gone. About 10 of us used to play Killer and stick a few quid each for the winner, this guy would always win despite having drunk about 8 pints.

Be great if all the players at The Crucible were half cut.

Seems it's not been mentioned yet I'll probably get abused to fuck but, Golf! Both playing and watching slow boring and shite!

Football! Since money has taken over, I've got less and less interested every season since Cancer and AIDS took over the club. I tried stopping going and not being arsed at the start of last season but the cup runs dragged me back in and I was hooked again.

On one occasion when the school fields were flooded the class had to stay in and played Badminton. I was well chuffed when the teached asked me if I actually played Badminton for a team when I actually hardly played the game at all! She was obviously the Roy Hodgson of Badminton scouting.

When I played Rugby at school for some reason which I have never worked out they made the School Rugby team play Hockey against the girls Hockey team.

Either our entire Rugby team was naturally gifted or the girls team was shit as we absolutely destroyed them at it. They had to disallow loads of goals because we didn't know you aren't allowed to shoot from miles out and stuff like that as none of us had played Hockey before.

Its like standing in the street offering people sweets and when they attempt to take one, kidnapping them, sticking them in your shed for 3 hours then letting them go.

Have you been following me?

Seems it's not been mentioned yet I'll probably get abused to fuck but, Golf! Both playing and watching slow boring and shite!

Football! Since money has taken over, I've got less and less interested every season since Cancer and AIDS took over the club. I tried stopping going and not being arsed at the start of last season but the cup runs dragged me back in and I was hooked again.

Football is actually a good shout, begs the question why we're all on here but yeah, football is incredibly tedious compared to what it once was. Not just the money, but the standard too is poor. Each tournament is worse than the last, if I was collecting Panini stickers these days I'd give them all away. 

Football is more a social thing for me now, I don't know how people can be arsed watching on there own at home with a Sky subscription.

Monday night football with Crystal Palace Vs Stoke or someone has zero appeal to me also. Do like the big Champions League games though with your Barca's and Bayerns etc. International football has zero appeal couldn't be arsed watching most the Euro's.

Curling. What a ridiculous sport that is.

Not a fan of Hockey at all. My mate plays at a fair level and I had a beer with him and his 'hockey pals' one night. Never drank with a bigger bunch of bastards in my whole life.

Not arsed about any women's sport apart from tennis and the lingerie American football league. I don't begrudge them playing what they want though.

Happy days, but not often at the same time.

Curling. What a ridiculous sport that is.

Not a fan of Hockey at all. My mate plays at a fair level and I had a beer with him and his 'hockey pals' one night. Never drank with a bigger bunch of bastards in my whole life.

Not arsed about any women's sport apart from tennis and the lingerie American football league. I don't begrudge them playing what they want though.

I used to play hockey... Nuff said... Though I was more 2nd XI cult hero than fit, technically good, taking it seriously first XI player

I will throw Rugby into the mix, they seem to love it down here in London (middle upper class thing) big football matches have been fucked off a few times in Pubs where I live for it on tele and there's hardly and passion or atmosphere from the packed Pub watching it.

It only seems to be the International matches anyone's interested in, plus there's two different versions to it why not combine them to make the sport bigger?

I don't mind baseball actually. It's the only one of the big American sports that I can get into.

I dislike any sport that involves horses. Never got into horse racing, and that dressage shit looks like it is for upper class twits and royals.

Yeah that dressage looks utter shite. I always thought the horse-riders had a sexual thing for their horses. I mean that they were getting fucked by their horses, or wanted to get fucked by their horses. If you observe their body language and their interaction with their horses, you will see that the relationship with those horses is not healthy. Ridiculous idiots abusing animals.

Anyway back to the fraud of baseball. The only usefulness of a baseball bat is for self "defence" and that is the reason people buy them, while no one buys the actual fucking baseball ball or that embarrassing "glove". To be fair I have watched a video of a lady sitting on one of those bats as well, it was meh, still more interesting than fucking baseball, though.

• Downvote 1