You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ten days to save himself = He's already done

tlw content

I did feel sorry for him reading his press conference quotes this morning - he believed in himself a lot more than we did so he had further to fall. Seems broken now.

True, but he got the job based on his bullshit which he couldn't back up and ending up setting us back years . He defrauded and manupulated the owners to get the job with that dossier and salesman speak, knowing they were clueless about the game. He did it again in the summer to save his job and sell out his staff.

I bet Pascoe and Marsh aren't sympathetic.

• Upvote 1

FSG have got to be out of their fucking minds if this stuff about Mazzarri is true. Klopp or Ancelotti have got to be our targets. Not a failure from Serie A.

Um, what is going on with this quote??? I posted this comment in another thread and I've seen it copied verbatim in other threads by random posters. It did double post on me, has it glitched the forum? Weird. 

I did feel sorry for him reading his press conference quotes this morning - he believed in himself a lot more than we did so he had further to fall. Seems broken now.

To be honest that's probably the thing that pisses me off about the guy most of all.  Confidence is a good trait in a manager but only when it's backed up with the ability to realistically appraise your own skills.  The problem with Rodgers is that every time something goes tits up, he either does nothing at all presumably thinking that his masterplan will just start to work if he gives it a bit longer, or just starts making scattergun changes that smack of panic and frankly ineptitude at times.  His resistance to bringing someone in to work with the defence is the one thing I refuse to give him a pass for because if he can't honestly look at the three seasons he has had here and recognise that defensively he hasn't got a fucking scooby, he is no use to us whatsoever.  We supposedly have aspirations in Europe but we will always get dicked there by teams who are able to exploit his batshit fucking insane decisions regarding our defence because he can't even set us up to defend against bang average Premier League sides.

Oh and fuck Howe and fuck Monk.  They both look like they could become good managers but we need to get someone experienced and talented in.

• Upvote 5