You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

David Maddock‏Verified account @MaddockMirror 5h5 hours ago

Anyone wondering why Emre Can left @LFC for Juventus: he will be earning a minimum £11m a year for the first two years of a four year contract in Italy. That's £220,000 a week, which would have made him Liverpool's highest earner. By some distance.

£14m sign on fee apparently too.

Yes, Emre it was never about the money.

Emre Cunt.

The 14m sign on fee is paid over the first two years of his contract. Take that away and he's on around 77k per week.

Advantage of running down your contract.

The 14m sign on fee is paid over the first two years of his contract. Take that away and he's on around 77k per week.

Advantage of running down your contract.

The thing is, if the roles were reversed and we saw Can leaving wherever on a free and Klopp fancied him then we'd probably be all in on getting him, 14mil would be a bargain.

Seems like we were happy to fuck him off as soon as it was apparent he was running his contract down, sets a bad precedent for it happening again with other players once they see that's the best way to get a fat payrise.

Honestly I don’t see why people are flapping about it. He stayed and helped us qualify for the champions league two seasons on the run. I’m sure a lot of the same people moaning that he’s been allowed to leave on a free would have been moaning about selling our players if we had sold him for 25/30m two years ago.

I’m actually baffled that more top level pros who aren’t arsed about where they are playing haven’t done what Can has done. The buying club can offer them a fat signing on fee which would still be cheaper than the transfer fee and the same wages. Both the player and the new club win. I’d much rather our players see out their contracts and leave for nothing because it will mean we’ve probably had them for their best years. It’s much better than what Coutinho and Suarez pulled.

He also hasn’t gone to United or City.

Not worthy of the bench in the Final al never understand how more loyal souls didn't get a shout in front of this slimy get

You should probably take a look at what loyal souls were available for selection that night.

That's coming from someone who doesn't rate him in the slightest.

He shouldn't have come on in that final. That said he should have been on before Lallana if a sub was required. 

He is gone, and maybe he'll develop into a fine player if he gets his consistency and awareness required for a top club in place. But I'm not going to miss him at all, one good game for three mediocre is not my cop of tea.

People talk about loyalty, what loyalty ? If you get offered 15 million euros paid over two years along with 4-5 million euros per year, then 99,9 percent would not even bat an eyelid or lose sleep over leaving a club you have no emotional connection to except being a meal ticket.

Not worthy of the bench in the Final al never understand how more loyal souls didn't get a shout in front of this slimy get

Because we wanted to try and win the game and while he’s not great we had to use the best tools at our disposal.

My feelings about his move are summed up as follows. ‘Meh’.

Decent player nothing more, nothing less.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...