You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carl Froch Vs George Groves II

DanDanShaw

Benny Paret did the same thing, he grabbed Emile Griffith's arse in the build up to their 1962 fight and called him a 'little maricon'. Griffith beat him unconscious in the 12th round and Paret died 10 days later from the injuries sustained. 

Surprised old Emile didn't adorn pro-homophobia posters worldwide in the 60's, reading that.

"Gays, know your limits!"

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/groves-really-looking-forward-to-fighting-froch-2014060487183

DESPITE a headache and some odd facial bruises, George Groves is excited about his super-middleweight title fight against Carl Froch.

Groves, 26, believes he is the clear favourite in the fight at Wembley Stadium last Saturday: “I’ve been waiting for this fight for as long as I can remember, which actually doesn’t seem to be all that long.

“Usually I’d be sparring right now rather than lying completely still and taking regular pills, but I trust the man I presume to be my trainer.

“I’m in the shape of my life except for this vice-like pressure in my head and these odd dreams where I’m dicking around on top of a London bus.

“Whichever one of Groves or Froch I’m not is getting knocked out.”

• Upvote 1

The Joshua desicion was awfull he shouldn't of reached the final but that's not his fault,Roy Jones was on the end a of a bad one but sadly that's gone on for years.

And here lies a major problem with winning Olympic medals.

Lets face it,everybody who makes it to Olympic level as a boxer is an excellent amateur. That doesnt always translate to the pro game and it seems that not as many are making that successful transition any more.

The Eastern European countries and Cuba too still treat the Olympic boxing with a lot of respect and this is why they are still successful. The Yanks dont seem to any more.

They need to bring back the 10 point must system in the amateurs, the current system (1 point for every clean punch landed) favours slick defensive fighters only. A talented pressure fighter is always at a disadvantage because they are coming forward, so therefore more likely to be hit.

They need to reduce the size of the headgear as well in major tournaments, because a lot of Amatuers don't know how to take a shot and it's a common theme in the pro's were good amateurs get put over once they don't have that safety net to fall back on. 

They need to bring back the 10 point must system in the amateurs, the current system (1 point for every clean punch landed) favours slick defensive fighters only. A talented pressure fighter is always at a disadvantage because they are coming forward, so therefore more likely to be hit.

They need to reduce the size of the headgear as well in major tournaments, because a lot of Amatuers don't know how to take a shot and it's a common theme in the pro's were good amateurs get put over once they don't have that safety net to fall back on.

Head guards are not worn at senior level anymore and the scoring system has been changed from this year.

And here lies a major problem with winning Olympic medals.

Lets face it,everybody who makes it to Olympic level as a boxer is an excellent amateur. That doesnt always translate to the pro game and it seems that not as many are making that successful transition any more.

The Eastern European countries and Cuba too still treat the Olympic boxing with a lot of respect and this is why they are still successful. The Yanks dont seem to any more.

The yanks always bring a top team to the tournaments but they are not on par with the Cubans and others,as for the pro game it's totally another world from the Am's.

Orlando Cruz came out gay last year and got a very undeserved World Title shot, purely because of all the hype and media attention on him.  His fight ended up being one of HBO most watched boxing bouts.  He was knocked out in 7.

Bummer!

I think I hate Joe Calzaghe more than I hate Froch, never has a British fighter been more overrated.  His resume is a joke, his only two decent wins were against a shot-to-shit Roy Jones Jr and a controversial victory over Hopkins.  His Kessler win looks good now, but Kessler was so green at the time.

Wow takes some arranging to fight 46 bums on the trot, knock 36 of them out and 

win the WBO. WBC, IBF & WBA world Super middleweight titles and the Lineal/ Ring Super middleweight and Light heavyweight titles. 

you appear to judge boxers records based on your personal dislike of them as people. Fucking bizarre really as when you set your bias aside your posts are informative and interesting. 

• Upvote 2

You've got to give Froch credit for his career, and his attitude of not swerving anyone. Despite all that, I think he's one of the most dislikeable people in the public eye. Arrogant, smarmy twat. I absolutely cannot stand him, but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgment.

• Upvote 1

Its understandable that a lot of boxers are cocky,arrogant twats,its part of the way they have to be.

Maybe its a bit of self psychology and a way of keeping them going for so long? Must be difficult staying motivated for all those years when you are potentially only a punch away from a coffin.

Take it with a pinch of salt as it sells tickets too.

Wow takes some arranging to fight 46 bums on the trot, knock 36 of them out and 

win the WBO. WBC, IBF & WBA world Super middleweight titles and the Lineal/ Ring Super middleweight and Light heavyweight titles. 

you appear to judge boxers records based on your personal dislike of them as people. Fucking bizarre really as when you set your bias aside your posts are informative and interesting. 

It's not really that hard to build up a good record fighting easy opposition, or get organisations on side when you can shift 50,000 tickets.  He was only ever the betting underdog twice in his career.  I don't even dislike Calzaghe - I dislike Froch, so I'm always biased against him but I just don't rate Calzaghe's career. 

Out of his 46 fights, how many of them would you rate as legit great wins, and I don't mean now - I mean then?  Jeff Lacy was a hype job, but feared so I'll give you that - but then flip reverse it, you've got Kessler who he beat - Kessler NOW looks like a great win, but everybody considered him too green back then.

It's not really that hard to build up a good record fighting easy opposition, or get organisations on side when you can shift 50,000 tickets.  He was only ever the betting underdog twice in his career.  I don't even dislike Calzaghe - I dislike Froch, so I'm always biased against him but I just don't rate Calzaghe's career. 

Out of his 46 fights, how many of them would you rate as legit great wins, and I don't mean now - I mean then?  Jeff Lacy was a hype job, but feared so I'll give you that - but then flip reverse it, you've got Kessler who he beat - Kessler NOW looks like a great win, but everybody considered him too green back then.

Sound to me like a bit of straw clutching from you Dan.  I think he may have been overrated slightly but I do think he was a good champion.  The only fight that doesnt really count for me was the Roy Jones fight.  Imo Jones at his peak would have handled Calzaghe easy.

Froch deserves all the credit he gets imo.  I've been an admirer of him for a long time.  He went down in my estimation a lot with the way he carried on after the first Groves fight but he proved he's the real deal still with that k.o as I thought he was going to lose heavily.  Talks a lot of shit but a good champion and I hope he gets his day out in Vegas and I'll be behind him all the way. 

• Upvote 1