You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard and Henderson injured

Megadrive Man

When we sign Alonso hopefully Gerrard will allow himself to be moved forward to accommodate him.

I think you've, indirectly (I'm not suggesting you're not capable of doing so directly!), made a good point. Gerrard probably doesn't rate the rest of the midfielders (no doubt many will think rightly so). But it shouldn't be his decision to attempt to make up for that.

Would anybody leave Lucas out?  Allen and Hendo (if fit) deeper with Alberto slightly further forward?  We look much better without Lucas in our team in the last 2 games - I don't wish injury on anybody, but I think Allen, Hendo and Alberto will be a much better 3 than the usual Lucas, Gerrard and Hendo.

I doubt Henderson is going to start, he has a minor injury but that will still affect his fitness. For his amount running, any drop in fitness level is critical to his game play.

However with Lucas / Allen / Alberto(will he?) starting, he should be subbing for Lucas or Alberto depends on score if he is fit enough for the bench.

I doubt Henderson is going to start, he has a minor injury but that will still affect his fitness. For his amount running, any drop in fitness level is critical to his game play.

However with Lucas / Allen / Alberto(will he?) starting, he should be subbing for Lucas or Alberto depends on score if he is fit enough for the bench.

I'd start him in this (if possible) and rest him for the next game.

I'd start him in this (if possible) and rest him for the next game.

So do I. But there is barely any info we have on his injury other than a protective cast. I guess this is BR's strategy to hide the possible starting XI from the media

Looking at how well Shelvey is doing at Swansea, I think we could of done with him still being here. Would of done a good job and I love the way he plays, stylish player with a swagger. Hope we have a buy back clause on him as I can see him growing into a top top player.

He has done alright but it was the right decision to sell him. He does more bad than good stuff in a game.

• Upvote 1

I disagree he does as much good stuff as he does bad. He still has a lot of growing and maturing to do, and I think once he irons out some of his rash decisions and such he will be a fantastic player and one we may regret selling. He has the talent and attitude to succeed, just needs to learn the game.

Henderson is one of those players who always finds himself in the first team due to his quality.  We can sign as many players as we like, I bet my future PS4 he will always be in the first team as long as he's here.  He has had a solid start to the season in the engine room in my opinion.  The manager trusts him to do a job.  A bit like players like Ambrosini at AC Milan.  Outshone by team mates but trusted with his role in the team.  Quietly efficient.  Trusted by manager and team mates.  Know worramean? 

• Upvote 1

Henderson is one of those players who always finds himself in the first team due to his quality.  We can sign as many players as we like, I bet my future PS4 he will always be in the first team as long as he's here.  He has had a solid start to the season in the engine room in my opinion.  The manager trusts him to do a job.  A bit like players like Ambrosini at AC Milan.  Outshone by team mates but trusted with his role in the team.  Quietly efficient.  Trusted by manager and team mates.  Know worramean? 

I bet you sing yourself to sleep every night with we all dream of a team of hendersons to.

I disagree he does as much good stuff as he does bad. He still has a lot of growing and maturing to do, and I think once he irons out some of his rash decisions and such he will be a fantastic player and one we may regret selling. He has the talent and attitude to succeed, just needs to learn the game.

He will be as good as Danny Murphy at his best. Not good enough defensively to be in central midfield and not good enough going forward to play in the free role.

As a general comparison, Coutinho is the same age as him. That should be level of our team.

It pretty much comes down to all our midfielders, bar Gerrard, shit their paints the minute they get anywhere near the opponent's 18.

I haven't even seen Allen's miss against Everton and I dont dare watch it.  Grow some balls and score some goals.

I don't think cowardice is an accusation that can be upheld as far as Allen is concerned.  He's very confident in possession and is always showing for the ball.  I don't think he's afraid to take a shot on, either.  

• Upvote 1