You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

• 2 weeks later...

The overuse of the term ‘suffer from’ 

Even the most minor ailment or discomfort  now is pretexted by ‘I suffer from’

Suffering brings to mind images of people going through the the utmost hell like losing someone close or dying of a genuinely dreadful disease, you don’t ‘suffer from’ a slight anxiety of speaking in front of a crowd.

There was a post on our local FB page the other day when someone asked which doctors had the best pain clinic or something. This led to all the usual gobshites from the fibromyalgia crew jumping on trying to ‘out suffer’ each other. 

Baffling how according to them they’re basically crippled and in constant agony but also the first ones to threaten violence   and pap on about how hard they are when they want to post about someone being parked outside their house or setting off fireworks.

• Upvote 1

They keep saying on the snooker that Judd Trump has been complaining about the conditions at this weeks venue. Ronnie amongst others have done it in the past. Fuck off the lads in the top 16 of this sport are getting paid thousands just for turning up and playing a few hours snooker, staying in a plush hotel don't moan that your dressing room is too small or the practice table room hasn't got the right wattage bulbs in. Fucking arrogant little wankers go and work on a building site for year for a 12th of your annual earnings and see how far moaning gets you. Jumped up cunt Trump I've never liked him. 

• Upvote 2

On 15/03/2021 at 21:03, Remmie said:

When I cook and serve food on the table, about 75% of the time my wife finds 300 fucking things to do before sitting down and eating it (5+ minutes) while it gets cold, then when finally sat down asks me for a drink. Had the mother in law staying over who is otherwise brilliant but found out where she gets it from. 

Dinner will be ready in 10 minutes.

Righto

I'm plating up now

I'll just wash my hands

5 minutes after dinner is served they sit down

My dinners cold.

• Upvote 3

Sat having lunch in van today and a bloke is his van about 4 metres away who is clearly doing the same decides to have a chat on the phone with someone but does the whole thing on bluetooth through his van stereo really loudly.

Bloke he was talking too sounded like fucking Darth Vader   

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Sat having lunch in van today and a bloke is his van about 4 metres away who is clearly doing the same decides to have a chat on the phone with someone but does the whole thing on bluetooth through his van stereo really loudly.

Maybe it was........

Wait for it................

031_WM13_03231997_0396-cac8d0e5d25b896d8

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

Was it a white van, or was it a little on the dark side?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Holy fuck that Asda offer of jam shed for 6 quid plus 25 percent off if you buy 6 has done me no favours. Somebody has put my brain in a rik flair figure four leg lock.

Your brain? I'm trying to work out if that shed is made of jam, or jars of jam, and also what kind of jam it is.

On 15/03/2021 at 14:03, Remmie said:

When I cook and serve food on the table, about 75% of the time my wife finds 300 fucking things to do before sitting down and eating it (5+ minutes) while it gets cold, then when finally sat down asks me for a drink. Had the mother in law staying over who is otherwise brilliant but found out where she gets it from. 

As I’m 80% through the cooking process:

Wife - “How long until tea is ready?”

Me - “Literally 10 minutes. Exactly”

Wife - “Am I ok to jump in the shower quickly?”

Me - “You won’t be ready and out the shower in 10 will you?”

Wife - “Yes, it’s fine. I’ll be back before you’re finished making it”

Never back in 10. Ever.

• Upvote 2

On 25/03/2021 at 16:05, Evelyn Tentions said:

Dinner will be ready in 10 minutes.

Righto

I'm plating up now

I'll just wash my hands

5 minutes after dinner is served they sit down

My dinners cold.

Wish I’d seen this before I posted mine now

12 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Holy fuck that Asda offer of jam shed for 6 quid plus 25 percent off if you buy 6 has done me no favours. Somebody has put my brain in a rik flair figure four leg lock.

Greg The Hammer Valentine was better at the figure four. I remember getting our kid in a Sharpshooter and nearly breaking his back. My Dad went Rowdy Roddy Piper on me 

• Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Butch said:

Every video on YouTube now starts with adverts. YouTube used to be great but it's fucked now. Wanted to have some background lounge music on and it had 13 advert slots. Cunts. 

ob1.gif

I mostly use it on PC so ad blocker takes care of it mostly other than the fact I get a "Skip Advert" button with no timer on some videos.

A few months ago I tried to use the app for youtube on my phone and it's pretty much unusable as far as I am concerned. 

They are going down the route of all of the new sites etc. which caused everyone to start using ad blockers to begin with which made several sites pretty much unusable. 

I don't mind them having some ads, but having actually encountered how it operates on the app I can't work out how they manage to actually get any mobile users at all. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made the kids a really tame Katsu curry for dinner last night, to go along with a breaded chicken breast.

Made the better half and myself some fancypants fusion cod 'Katsu' which was bland, insipid and a waste of ingredients.

The kids basic version was far superior.

Kept me awake last night that did, thankfully I turned the tame sauce in to a fiery sauce after the kids had had their fill, so I've got that to look forward to at some point I guess, but fuck recipes that look good & sound good but taste of fucking nothing!

• Upvote 1