You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I love Luis, but I'd sell him because it would help the club more in the long run. For a good fee we could bring in maybe two or three world class players or players not too far from it. The media attention will only be worsened after the comments he's made over the last few weeks and as much him being a fantastic player his influence in the team is too big and may limit other players' development.

That didn't work for Arsenal with a manager who had already won 3 league titles and 4 FA Cups, twice doing the double and once going a season unbeaten in the league. It didn't work when we sold our best players in consecutive summers/windows Alonso, Mascherano, Torres. We should be looking to add to our quality not sell our best players then roll the dice with guys that may or may not become of the standard we are letting go.

If he puts in a transfer request by all means sell him. In saying that, nobody left United unless ferguson said so. How many players did he eek another year out of simply because for whatever reason, footballing, spite, pride he felt it wasn't the right time to let them go? City told Tevez to fuck off and rightly so when he wanted a handy move. If Suarez thinks crying into a mic over in Brazil will get him a cut price move he can fuck off too. Transfer request + £50m and he can go otherwise report back for preseason training and get on with it.

I'm quite happy to sell him as long as we have a striker that will score 20+ a season, as mesmerising as he is to watch I think with the money we will get from him we can build a more complete squad, and move away from being so reliant to one man, it will help share he responsibility out to other players rather then play everything through him, the only players who should dictate things are the midfielders.

Time to let him go, he deserves better (silverware) for his talent, and we could do with more depth and balance.

60 million plus and at least a month until the window shuts then I'd sell.

We wont get nothing like that for him , simply because there is only half a dozen roughly who has that sort of cash. Out of those teams maybe one who would pay it is Russian.

Even if there is a selling clause in his contract(I don't think there is) at £40 million and Madrid did want him badily , which I think he is at best about number 3 option of players they want , imo we might get them to pay £35 million and a possible player out of there reject list for him.

I think he wont leave till the January window opens if Madrid want him anyway. They need to shift a striker out anyway I reckon before they buy a forward and I think Bale might be there big signing for the season.

The ban he has would stop most clubs signing him till January as they wont want to pay wages for a player banned.

We wont get nothing like that for him , simply because there is only half a dozen roughly who has that sort of cash. Out of those teams maybe one who would pay it is Russian.

Even if there is a selling clause in his contract(I don't think there is) at £40 million and Madrid did want him badily , which I think he is at best about number 3 option of players they want , imo we might get them to pay £35 million and a possible player out of there reject list for him.

I think he wont leave till the January window opens if Madrid want him anyway. They need to shift a striker out anyway I reckon before they buy a forward and I think Bale might be there big signing for the season.

The ban he has would stop most clubs signing him till January as they wont want to pay wages for a player banned.

Can't see Bale leaving the country. He'll give Spurs another year, or go to United.

With you on reckoning we'll get stiffed on Suarez though. I don't expect £60m, but £40m would be a joke. Somewhere between £50m-£55m is probably about right. Still rather we kept him, mind.

Can't see Bale leaving the country. He'll give Spurs another year, or go to United.

With you on reckoning we'll get stiffed on Suarez though. I don't expect £60m, but £40m would be a joke. Somewhere between £50m-£55m is probably about right. Still rather we kept him, mind.

He has way to much baggage now imo for us to get his true worth. In all honesty any Spanish side need there head seeing to if they buy him. The Spanish refs take no shit off players and the handball rule there is automatically a booking no matter intentional or not.

He would be getting sent off every other match. That's why I think he wont be the main player Madrid want. That does not mean they wont throw in a offer I reckon £30 million and they might go to £35 million with there outlook being if they can get him for that sort of price , they buy him or if we say no then they wont go over £35 million and look to buy someone else.

Could be wrong over it.

Lots of talk of 85m for Bale and no way is he 25m "better" than Luis

60m and we'll throw in Downing.

Thing is, if FSG kept Suarez and Reina and added one serious DM and a solid CB, we could have a chance to finish in a good place next season.

But they won't. They'll sell Suarez and Reina and we are off for another "season of transition".

Our model is fundamentally flawed.

Thing is, if FSG kept Suarez and Reina and added one serious DM and a solid CB, we could have a chance to finish in a good place next season.

But they won't. They'll sell Suarez and Reina and we are off for another "season of transition".

Do you believe Suarez and Reina want to stay but are being sold against their wishes?

And what's the alternative if a player decides he wants to go ? Gun against the head ? Remember the commodities you're talking about are people, who have their own plans for life. You can't blame the owners if foreign players don't like our shit weather/country/whatever and decide to head for warmer climates. All they can do is hold out for the maximum fee and try to re-invest properly.

Do you believe Suarez and Reina want to stay but are being sold against their wishes?

I believe that Reina has no problem to stay or go. I believe that FSG want to sell him regardless, though.

Suarez wants to win trophies and play in Europe.

Suarez has at least another 4 years in his contract. He can do fuck all about it, if FSG don't sell him. What is he going to do? He is not Torres to pretend the indifferent. He gives 200% in every game and he will continue to do so.

If FSG keep him and build a strong team around him, he will be happy again.

In any case they should Keep him at least for one more season and have a real go for a Champions League spot.

At the moment there is nobody we could replace him with. As simple as that.

You don't have to sell players that want to leave. Spurs didn't do it with Modric.

or Bale.

City didn't do it with Tevez.

United didn't do it for years with Ronaldo and now Rooney.

Changing your key players every two years is just nonsense. But it's the over-glorified Arsenal model...

As soon as Coutinho or this new Alberto guy become key they will be sold for profit.

or Bale.

Changing your key players every two years is just nonsense. But it's the over-glorified Arsenal model...

As soon as Coutinho or this new Alberto guy become key they will be sold for profit.

Just out of interest, can you name one "key" player that FSG have sold who didn't want to go ?

or Bale.

It seems that way.

This club has always been bigger than any player.

Nobody wants to lose world class players. No self respecting Liverpool fan wants to the likes of Suarez in a shirt that isn't ours.

But if they're determined to go, then bye bye, thanks for the memories and bring on the next one. It's down to the suits to bring in the next generation with the money generated from the sale. It didn't work out with Comolli, but it ain't half improved in this calendar year.

or Bale.

We have big debts still. United have them too but their business model hasn't been up the spout like ours. I'm not surprised when businesses sell assets. It's also of note that the extra year we kept Torres against his wishes is the one where everyone said he took the piss and we sold him in the January window anyway.

or Bale.

how many "world class" players have we sold in the last 20 years???? get real nightrat...

We have big debts still. United have them too but their business model hasn't been up the spout like ours. I'm not surprised when businesses sell assets. It's also of note that the extra year we kept Torres against his wishes is the one where everyone said he took the piss and we sold him in the January window anyway.

Would that be the debts that FSG paid off when they got the club on the cheap ?