You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

I have a lot of optimism for next season and I think Rodgers will be here for a good few years, last season will be a great learning experience for Rodgers regarding what he has to do here in the future.

He's going to be sacked in December when we're 11th in the league.

• Upvote 1

What kept you going after Kenny was sacked? The team was worse, we were further off our goals and the owners had at the time hired a manager who had one season on the prem.

Last season we would have got top 4 if our main striker a fit and we will go in to next season with a stronger squad.

I have a lot of optimism for next season and I think Rodgers will be here for a good few years, last season will be a great learning experience for Rodgers regarding what he has to do here in the future.

If he plays Bournemouth every week your optimism might come true.

What kept you going after Kenny was sacked? The team was worse, we were further off our goals and the owners had at the time hired a manager who had one season on the prem.

Wasn't happy because if we were going to get Rodgers we had to get an experienced DOF and at least one experienced coach if he was going to succeed. Given that he wouldn't accept either then he should never have got the job.

I gave Rodgers a chance to set out his vision that he promised. He said it himself "judge me in 3 years". Exactly 3 years later and we're no better off than when Kenny took over 200 million quid later.

He's not up to the job. I don't suppose he's going to upgrade his coaching staff either.

He's going to be sacked in December when we're 11th in the league.

He won't be sacked if we're toddling along in the top half - there will still be people saying a season is 38 games, just wait till Sturridge is back, you have to give the new signings time to settle in etc.

He may get the boot if we're bottom half, there are boos at the ground, attendances start to drop, and the press get after him.

I don't want to see that happen to a Liverpool manager, but boy do LFC make it hard sometimes.

He won't be sacked if we're toddling along in the top half - there will still be people saying a season is 38 games, just wait till Sturridge is back, you have to give the new signings time to settle in etc.

He may get the boot if we're bottom half, there are boos at the ground, attendances start to drop, and the press get after him.

I don't want to see that happen to a Liverpool manager, but boy do LFC make it hard sometimes.

Spot on BR won't be going unless we are below mid table half way through and fans are going mad, fans need to realise that and getting pissed after any loss is not going to bring a quick change and will not help the team.

I don't believe those who say they think we will be in that position so unless fans want to make a negative atmosphere which affects the team they should get behind the team and see has he done enough to stay at the end of next season.

It is understandable fans have been critical and have doubts but there is nothing that can be done about it now, it's not about being proved right or wrong next season so let's see what happens.

Ambition has totally gone out of this football club if true. Fucked if im spending any more hard earned supporting a lame duck manager.

I think we all now know the positive rhetoric from Henry and Werner has now been shown up to be complete bollocks.

They have no ambition to put the greatest and most successful club this country has ever seen back at the top table, and are quite happy milking the profit of our historic name.

I feel lucky that im of an age to have seen us dominate and witness the greatest days/nights of my life supporting this club. The people i feel sorry for are the youngsters who will now have to listen to the bullshit PR for the years to come with a maybe the odd league cup thrown in every 5 years.

Time to dig the fishing rods out and take up permanent residence in the GF.

That often?

Brendan Rodgers to STAY as Liverpool manager

BRENDAN RODGERS will remain as Liverpool manager following his end-of-season review with the Anfield hierarchy.

By PAUL JOYCE

PUBLISHED: 18:30, Tue, Jun 2, 2015 | UPDATED: 18:36, Tue, Jun 2, 2015

Rodgers met chairman Tom Werner and Mike Gordon, president of the club’s owners Fenway Sports Group, for a two-hour debrief at a city centre location yesterday into why the campaign had fallen short of expectations.

The upshot the meeting is that Rodgers will be handed the chance to lead Liverpool’s revival next season after all parties agreed on a “comprehensive plan for improvement” designed to help the club move forward.

Liverpool did not discuss the details of that blueprint, and it is unclear whether there will be a reshuffle behind the scenes, but Rodgers’ position is unchanged.

The summit talks have been described as “good and productive” and that manager and FSG “move forward together.”

Imminent deals for the likes of James Milner and Danny Ings have been set in motion by Rodgers, who is also keen to land Southampton full-back Nathaniel Clyne. Liverpool had a bid of £9m rejected last week.

Rodgers’ position had come under scrutiny after Liverpool’s campaign fell short of expectations with a sixth place finish in the Premier League and an early exit from the Champions League.

Although he guided the club to semi-finals in both domestic cup competitions, last summer’s £110m spending spree has left the club feeling short changed with a number of players failing to establish themselves.

Set against that have been the repeated injuries suffered by Daniel Sturridge, who was ruled out for practically all of last season and Liverpool suffered as a result.

The 6-1 drubbing by Stoke in the final game of the season has seen many supporters lose faith in Rodgers and he will head into next season under pressure to prove himself once again.

Werner and Gordon had flown into Merseyside on Monday night for a number of meetings of which the get-together with Rodgers was just one.

Discussions on Liverpool’s stadium expansion were also on the agenda and Werner will now attend the Premier League’s shareholders meeting on Thursday.

Liverpool news: Brendan Rodgers stays at Anfield after crunch talks

Liverpool FC manager given go-ahead to revive Anfield club's fortunes after holding pivotal talks with Fenway Sports Group to explain poor season

By Chris Bascombe

6:30PM BST 02 Jun 2015

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has been given the go-ahead to revive his and the club’s fortunes next season following talks with his hierarchy.

Rodgers met chairman Tom Werner and Fenway Sports Group President Michael Gordon on Tuesday where – as expected – the primary focus was how to reshape the side to achieve his targets next season, formulating a ‘comprehensive plan for improvement’. After two hours of talks it was confirmed Rodgers remains in charge, although it remains to be seen if there will be any changes to personnel behind the scenes.

Beyond the clarity on Rodgers' position, no details regarding Liverpool’s plan of action have been revealed at this stage, but the club wants to return to the Champions League and get back to the stylish, attacking football that led to a title challenge in 2014. Rodgers will certainly be backed with several new signings in order to achieve those ambitions.

The conversations with Werner – who flew to England on Monday - have been described as ‘positive, good and productive’ with Liverpool reiterating Rodgers’ position as manager was never on the agenda – the club has delivered that message consistently despite a disappointing campaign.

Rodgers spoke openly after Liverpool’s calamitous final day to defeat to Stoke City, admitting it was inevitable serious questions would be asked about his role, but even then his bosses moved to quell suggestions the outcome of an end-of-season review would end in dismissal.

Privately, club sources persistently dismissed claims Jurgen Klopp and Carlo Ancelotti were under consideration to replace Rodgers.

Although Rodgers will have faced some difficult questions regarding Liverpool’s underperformance, the will remains to see him continue and develop as a coach at Anfield.

Rodgers can now press ahead securing reinforcements with deals for James Milner and Danny Ings agreed in principle. Providing there are no late hitches, both will officially join the club on July 1.

Liverpool will also try to secure the signatures of Christian Benteke and Nathaniel Clyne, but are braced for a summer of resisting several bids for winger Raheem Sterling.

Werner has several departmental meetings to attend for the rest of the week, ahead of attending the Premier League shareholders meeting in London this Thursday.

It's not even about Rodgers, the current model we use for recruitment is flawed and unsustainable.

But any new manager will have to swallow it before they ever get near the job because FSG are not changing it.

That said, this smug cunt can fuck right off as well because only a mid table, small time gobshite would touch us under those conditions.

And small time is exactly what he is and what we've become.

Fucking great isn't it.

On the basis of THREE, THREE, THREE TROPHYLESS seasons and unlike his predecessor's(King Kenny Dalglish) "review" where he was dismissed after reaching TWO FINALS and WINNING OUR FIRST TROPHY IN 6 YEARS,

Brendiola Rodgemoli will be offered a FUCKING FOURTH SEASON. FRAUD.

Fuck you FSG you Hedge Fund Gangsters - Fuck you Fake Scouser Fraudster.

• Upvote 1

Sure, but there's a ceiling to that, they can't use more than 11 players.

Depay seems like a great player, but then so did Di Maria/Willian/Cuadrado/Lamela...

It's not about getting the BEST player out there, but the most EFFECTIVE player possible.

Benteke is an effective player, his goal scoring record since the age of 18 has been excellent, it's 1 in 2. He's also aged 24, and it's around this age that strikers slip into another gear.

SO far he's got 97 career goals in 233 games, at age 24, that's an average of a goal every 2.40 games

Wayne Rooney, age 24, had an average of a goal every 2.42 games.

Didier Drogba at age 24, he had 39 goals in 122 games, an average of a goal every 3.12 games.

Diego Costa, age 24, had an average of a goal every 3.32 games.

I think Benteke represents great quality at an affordable price, both in terms of his transfer fee and his wages, and that his progression as a striker is about to take-off in the next 12-18 months. At that point he would be totally out of our reach.

While I like the idea of Depay, and wish we had taken a gamble on him, I don't necessarily think he's a striker for this division, at this point in time. Ronald Koeman shares the same reservations in terms of his mentality and his physicality: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32627853

Southampton boss and former Dutch international Ronald Koeman: "He has had a great season. He still has to develop himself. It will be tough for him because the Premier League is tough in a physical and mental way.

"It's a big step for him. But he's a great talent, a fast player and a very good signing for Manchester United."

But...he could be ace. But I certainly see no reason to 'lose hope' because Man United PLC have acquired a little quick forward for £30m.

He's a cracking player to put on your bedroom wall, he's a shirt-shifter at the club shop, but can be deliver the goods that lesser players than him, on paper, do in this division? Harry Kane, Saido Berahino, Olivier Giroud, Charlie Austin, none of them fit to play keepy-uppy with Depay on the training ground, or get close to him in a sprint, but they know how to deliver in this division.

And that's what I see with Benteke, end product, every season.

Benteke will look horrible in our team.

We don't put crosses in (think I saw a stat sayingwe put least in in the league) which is what he loves, we don't get it forward directly and quickly which he likes and we ask our forwards to defend from the front which I dont think he is any good at. He also is dozy like mario at getting caught offside

I would love to be wrong if we sign him but it's got disaster written all over it....Unless we are building a team and a style of play around him which would be alien to Rodgers to date in terms of how it would play.

In my opinion they wanted to replace him, but not with a top-level manager. Unfortunately two top managers came on the market and they were forced to keep him until next summer when they can go for the likes of Howe and Monk.

Never underestimate how cheap rich Americans are.

• Upvote 2

On the basis of THREE, THREE, THREE TROPHYLESS seasons and unlike his predecessor's(King Kenny Dalglish) "review" where he was dismissed after reaching TWO FINALS and WINNING OUR FIRST TROPHY IN 6 YEARS,

Brendiola Rodgemoli will be offered a FUCKING FOURTH SEASON. FRAUD.

Fuck you FSG you Hedge Fund Gangsters - Fuck you Fake Scouser Fraudster.

You're very weird.