You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

They want him out the club that looks pretty certain. The problem is I think United might be thinking of a price far to big for him. They wont want him going to a side over here and want him to go abroad(I think its also what shrek wants).

I can see this heading to a situation of a club abroad not matching Uniteds value of him but Chelski do match it.

No he deffo doesnt want to go abroad, its well known he doesnt want to go abroad.

Depends on your definition of a number 10. Creative, links the play, scores goals. What more do you want.

Hes not a number 10 in that he doesn't play that position for Real Madrid and didn't play there for Spurs. You also seem to be confused about what the term 'scores goals' means. Its not meant to be taken literally. If it was it could be applied to any player in the history of football. In the last 5 seasons, (4 at spurs and 1 at Real Madrid), the highest number of league goals scored by Modric is 4. He got 4 goals in 53 appearances for Real last season with not many more assists. The reason for this is that he is not a number 10, he plays centre mid.

Hes not a number 10 in that he doesn't play that position for Real Madrid and didn't play there for Spurs. You also seem to be confused about what the term 'scores goals' means. Its not meant to be taken literally. If it was it could be applied to any player in the history of football. In the last 5 seasons, (4 at spurs and 1 at Real Madrid), the highest number of league goals scored by Modric is 4. He got 4 goals in 53 appearances for Real last season with not many more assists. The reason for this is that he is not a number 10, he plays centre mid.

this

Guest San Don
I'd take £20M + Higuain for Suarez. Not much chance of it happening though.

According to the daily manc, they are only willing to pay £25m and no higuain. But that is the manc mind.

He hasn't been plying a number 10 role. My point was that he has all the attributes to play that role brilliantly in my view. If he goes to man utd that is exactly the role he will play in behind van Persia and this time next year he stats will look somewhat different

Modric overrated? He's fucking mustard.

No, he's not, while he may look good with his dragbacks and his Hagi/Alonso impressions hes actually a midfield liability.

Al tell you fe why cos he is useless without the ball, he is slow, he have never even attempted to make a tackle in his life. However, he's not an attacking mid he's a CM. He doesnt actually score very often and his assist rate is 'meh'.

His best strengths are his best weaknesses hence him not actually being very effective although he does look the shiznit, looks can be deceptive, fake eyes attract fake guys. Anyway he needs to be carried by a top DM to look good and has to have the whole team build around him. Plus he's a fanny, what kind of Croatian is a fanny? Biscan is spinning in his casket.

Im not saying he's a bad player mind, hes the croation Charley Adam.

He hasn't been plying a number 10 role. My point was that he has all the attributes to play that role brilliantly in my view. If he goes to man utd that is exactly the role he will play in behind van Persia and this time next year he stats will look somewhat different

No, your point was that hes a number 10 despite never having played there in his career (hes now 27 by the way). You claimed that he 'scores goals' but he doesn't. This is why he doesn't play as a number ten. Where do think Kagawa is going to play for united next season? Have you noticed that United are trying to sign a centre mid? Do you not think that, as Modric is a central midfielder, United want him to play in centre mid?

No, your point was that hes a number 10 despite never having played there in his career (hes now 27 by the way). You claimed that he 'scores goals' but he doesn't. This is why he doesn't play as a number ten. Where do think Kagawa is going to play for united next season? Have you noticed that United are trying to sign a centre mid? Do you not think that, as Modric is a central midfielder, United want him to play in centre mid?

If you read my first post i said "brilliant number 10 In my view"

Career totals 337 appearances 65 goals says to me he knows where the net is. I also said that the reason that is my view is because he links play and is creative the main components of a number 10.

In other news, how about that?

Serie A - Parma put €35m fee on Paletta - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Parma put €35m fee on Paletta

Parma CEO Pietro Leonardi has responded to rumours that Milan are interested in signing defender Gabriel Paletta.

Holy shit. Did we sell him to parma or did he join someone else first? If he did I hope we stuck a sell on clause.