You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

To be fair, could you ever see dirk scoring the overhead kick that jug head scored against city? Or the volley he scored against Newcastle?

Rooney is massively overrated but he is better technically than dirk. Quite clearly.

Wiggy fuckin' shinned that in, to be fair.

Wiggy fuckin' shinned that in, to be fair.

It was more of a fluke than Koncheskys goal against us in the 2006 FA Cup final. If Wiggy tried that 9/10 times it would never come off. Anyway an overhead does not make Wiggy a top player. Peter Crouch scored better ones ansd he was never a top player.

Good to see where still getting shafted in the transfer market, 8m for mignolet is a fucking rip off, he should be 5/6 mil at most.

10m normally gets you a top proven keeper, llioris, de gea went for that and Reina won't be far above or below that.

I could lived with selling him and buying too prospect like leto,der stegen, courtious or making a significant profit if signing a player like mignolet.To think we are going to do basically a straight swap between the two in transfer fees reminds me of how shit Liverpool are in transfer market.

Good to see where still getting shafted in the transfer market, 8m for mignolet is a fucking rip off, he should be 5/6 mil at most.

10m normally gets you a top proven keeper, llioris, de gea went for that and Reina won't be far above or below that.

I could lived with selling him and buying too prospect like leto,der stegen, courtious or making a significant profit if signing a player like mignolet.To think we are going to do basically a straight swap between the two in transfer fees reminds me of how shit Liverpool are in transfer market.

Firstly there has been no suggestion that Pepe Reina wants to leave or Liverpool want to sell him. Maybe the Mignolet signing is to keep Pepe on his toes. The player most likely in trouble is Brad Jones. We could do with letting him go, I just don't think he's anyway good enough.

You're resorting to that because you cannot validate your point that Wayne Rooney is a top player. As for Rooneys ''first touch''. Do you know what a first touch is? Rooneys first touch is non existent because he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

He's got no left foot, no composure, no game intelligence and no close control. He is effectively vastly over-rated cart-horse whom the English media wank themselves over.

Wayne Rooney Best Goals Ever HD - YouTube

Pains me to say it but Rooney on his day is a top player.

He hasn't really shown it over the past year or so though.

Rooney also has an average of 1 goal in 2 games at United, Kuyt was 1 in 4.

Dirk Kuyt at his very best would cost £15 million, Rooney would be £40 million.

De gea might gave bern around 10m down payment and more with add ons but lloris wasn't much more and my point is when you are paying around 10m for a keeper you should be getting top class proven player, for me mignolet is up and coming player with a lot to prove who does not justify that fee.

He has to be coming in to replace Reina as why would he leave first choice at Sunderland and why would we spend 8m on backup keeper when we have so many other areas which need improving.

So this luis alberto, where does he play and wha type of player is he?

Ok, after you posted I had to look it up:

Luis Alberto: 20 years old - 11 goals (Barcelona B team)

FWR (Forward - Center)

AMC (Attacking Midfielder - Center)

I have not seen anything that states that he plays on the wing though.

Posted this a few days ago.

You're resorting to that because you cannot validate your point that Wayne Rooney is a top player. As for Rooneys ''first touch''. Do you know what a first touch is? Rooneys first touch is non existent because he couldn't trap a bag of cement.

He's got no left foot, no composure, no game intelligence and no close control. He is effectively vastly over-rated cart-horse whom the English media wank themselves over.

Rooney has scored fantastic goals right throughout his career and led the line for a title winning team. He's had seasons of absolute dominance.

Him being an absolute giant twat of the highest order won't change what he's achieved in his career. You fit the description of a giant twat based on your ridiculous posts on this forum, so I wouldn't expect you to get any of this.

On topic, I'm curious to see what happens with Suarez, as I get the feeling Madrid don't really want him. If they get Cavani and Bale, then they may consider their major spending done with the roles filled. Suarez would then be stuck after making those comments. Fact is who would want to fork out that much money on someone with the potential to miss a significant amount of games via a moment of stupidity, if you can get someone else of similar ability without that issue? Maybe City, but then that doesn't get him out of England.

Hopefully it doesn't affect our spending too much, because there are still a number of holes to fill assuming we get Mhkitaryan for the fee proposed.

Carroll is the one that our other transfers hinder on.

A cool 15million there.

Suarez infamy has maybe cost him a transfer, being a worlds class player with a temper. I think in the end he will be advised to keep his head down stay with us for one more year in order to show to the world his skill without the tantrums.

Only then I think we will see genuine interest from Real.

Suarez goes he goes. I just wish he would shut the fuck up and let it happen if it happens, he owes us that much.

I am in the camp that thinks Madrid are not all that on him, or they are trying to bring the price down. I think we will hold firm on that one.

He's got no left foot' date=' no composure, no game intelligence and no close control. He is effectively vastly over-rated cart-horse whom the English media wank themselves over.[/quote']

Read my post again and tell me where I try and validate Rooney being a top player.

You compared Rooney to dirk. I said that I could never see dirk scoring the kind of goals that Rooney scored against city and Newcastle.

You then took this to mean that I think Rooney being good at overhead kicks makes him a top player, and threw crouch into the equation. You also bring up Rooneys first touch in response to my post, I had never even mentioned it, I stated that Rooney is a technically better player, meaning passing, shooting, control, running with the ball.

You really aren't very good at this are you, so just to get round to the original point, and to avoid derailing the thread any further, you think dirk and Rooney are a similar level of player, my opinion differs.

My opinion is that Wayne Rooney is overrated, and is also better than dirk kuyt. I also believe that arguing the point any further is akin to arguing with an evertonian that Liverpool have more fans in the city than they do.

Too much hard fucking work

Guest San Don
Carroll is the one that our other transfers hinder on.

A cool 15million there.

Suarez infamy has maybe cost him a transfer, being a worlds class player with a temper. I think in the end he will be advised to keep his head down stay with us for one more year in order to show to the world his skill without the tantrums.

Only then I think we will see genuine interest from Real.

Being a loose cannon hasnt stopped ballotelli getting a couple of big transfers. I think both Suarez and Real (if they are interested in signing him) are both trying to talk the fee for him, down. Recent stuff from Suarez like 'I want LFC to listen if Real or Barcelona want me' is kind of evidence towards this.

Real think they can bully most clubs into taking a smaller fee since its an 'honour' for them to want one of your players. Zidane and modric's comments about bale should be jumped on by the Spanish FA, the FA and UEFA as blatant tapping up.

I suppose after we released the public statement that Suarez isnt for sale, we'd look chumps if we now came out and said to Real or anyone else that we want £50m+ for him. We'll have to wait until Suarez or Real blink then tell them £50m+ or GTF.

Read my post again and tell me where I try and validate Rooney being a top player.

You compared Rooney to dirk. I said that I could never see dirk scoring the kind of goals that Rooney scored against city and Newcastle.

You then took this to mean that I think Rooney being good at overhead kicks makes him a top player, and threw crouch into the equation. You also bring up Rooneys first touch in response to my post, I had never even mentioned it, I stated that Rooney is a technically better player, meaning passing, shooting, control, running with the ball.

You really aren't very good at this are you, so just to get round to the original point, and to avoid derailing the thread any further, you think dirk and Rooney are a similar level of player, my opinion differs.

My opinion is that Wayne Rooney is overrated, and is also better than dirk kuyt. I also b

elieve that arguing the point any further is akin to arguing with an evertonian that Liverpool have more fans in the city than they do.

Too much hard fucking work

Sorry mate its people like you who derail the thread, if no one replies the discussion is over.

It works, honestly, just ask code.