You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Press coverage and how the mancs are twats

RedinSweden

I think Welbeck has the tools to be a very very good striker. He's strong' date=' pacy, hardworking, versatile and he possesses good football intelligence. It hasn't quite come together for him as yet, but my bold prediction he'll be a superb player, I'm sorry to say.[/quote']

You would say that, you manc cunt.

I'm pleased to say your badly wrong and that he is shit.

Not surprised Berbatov fucked off' date=' top scorer one season then next thing you know sat on the bench behind this fucker[/quote']

Berbatov did a good job going to Fulham, he wasn't gonna get shit at united even if he scored 100 goals in a damn season cuz fergie is one biased cunt, thinking welbeck is a world class product compared to berbatov. Welbeck's far off from world class. He just got a few flukes here and there.

I thought that the Manc skewed media retardation reached its nadir with Sam Wallace on the awful 'Sunday Suppository'.

Silly Sam reckoned that Pep Guardiola didn't come to the Premier League because he could only have gone to Chelsea and doing that would have made it impossible for said Pep to eventually take over at OT, Guardiola's undeclared 'dream destination'. An incredible reading of Guardiola's move to Bayern Munich.

The fact is that our Preimer League is not the best league in Europe - in fact, for the large part, it is shit - and Guardiola wants to be at a club that has a realistic chance of implementing his tactics and football ethos with a team that stands a good chance of winning the Champions League.

Yet, rather than admit that the PL is way short of the overall standard displayed in La Liga and the Bundesliga, which would also infer that our top teams aren't that great either, they delude themselves with the imbecilic notion that every football talent throughout the world desires nothing more than to go to Manchester. It's utter bollocks but the likes of Sam Wallace peddles this notion as solid fact.

The theorising of our biased media is becoming more and more threadbare as the glaring ordinariness of our top teams has been, and will be, exposed by Europe's elite. Facts cannot be addressed while there is still a devotion to the positive propaganda for a failing football nation. And for many journalists the embodiment of that footballing nation is Manchester United. The sad twats.

I thought that the Manc skewed media retardation reached its nadir with Sam Wallace on the awful 'Sunday Suppository'.

Silly Sam reckoned that Pep Guardiola didn't come to the Premier League because he could only have gone to Chelsea and doing that would have made it impossible for said Pep to eventually take over at OT' date=' Guardiola's undeclared 'dream destination'. An incredible reading of Guardiola's move to Bayern Munich.

The fact is that our Preimer League is not the best league in Europe - in fact, for the large part, it is shit - and Guardiola wants to be at a club that has a realistic chance of implementing his tactics and football ethos with a team that stands a good chance of winning the Champions League.

Yet, rather than admit that the PL is way short of the overall standard displayed in La Liga and the Bundesliga, which would also infer that our top teams aren't that great either, they delude themselves with the imbecilic notion that every football talent throughout the world desires nothing more than to go to Manchester. It's utter bollocks but the likes of Sam Wallace peddles this notion as solid fact.

The theorising of our biased media is becoming more and more threadbare as the glaring ordinariness of our top teams has been, and will be, exposed by Europe's elite. Facts cannot be addressed while there is still a devotion to the positive propaganda for a failing football nation. And for many journalists the embodiment of that footballing nation is Manchester United. The sad twats.[/quote']

You hit the nail with the fact that the epl can't stand up as the best league now, the standard of the German and Spanish league has been rising throughout the years, even though in Spain it's still two teams dominating the league, the other teams have improved tremendously and have been splendid in Europe compared to epl teams. Just look at atletico Madrid and it should be clear why epl and united simply isn't the top targets anymore. Anyone still insisting that epl dominates the other leagues should take a look now.

The arrogance of those cunts thinking that Pep's going to Bayern on some sort of gardening leave while he stares wistfully in the direction of Old Toilet waiting for their boozy cunt of a manager to hand him the keys makes me both amused and angry in equal measure.

I wish they'd just fuck off.

Its is about fees. £50m worth of goalscorer is expected to buy you goals galore, a product of the youth set up gets as far as he gets. Expectation levels are totally different.

From fans maybe, but journalism shouldn't be about that. This is the player that made Berbatov move on and go and score shitloads again. He is playing for a top team and is an International, so his performances should be in for scrutiny. I am not expecting a hammering but maybe a "goal drought" comment here or there. But, no, diddly squat.

The press in this country have spent David Villa's entire career trying to sell him to someone in this country, usually Chelsea. When these rumours were at their height, Villa himself publicly commented on this matter more than once, saying in so many words that he had no intention of coming to England, basically because he thought English football was shit.

The English press carried on regardless.

Meanwhile David Villa still plays in Spain.

I've been saying for a couple of seasons now that Man U squad is shite with mainly decent players and a few very good ones, but they always seem to be challenging. Ask a fan of any other team in the top 6 or 7 (apart from Arsenal obviously) who would they swap from their 1st 11 for one of Man Us and there won't be many. Even in ours who can you say is better in their team than ours - a matter of opinion but,again there's not many. Thing is they must be doing something right to always be up there it's not just dodgy refeering decisions.

Personally I think it's a combination of the way they play and too many teams being shit scared of them and are beaten before the kick off.

A case in point was when we played them last week, we stood off them and showed too much respect for an hour and then when we went after them they looked very poor and we were left thinking if only we'd gone for them from the off.

They do play fast attacking football and try and get the ball into there oppenents penalty area asap hence they score bags full of goals - they always have a couple of very good centre forwards as well who can score goals.

You hit the nail with the fact that the epl can't stand up as the best league now, the standard of the German and Spanish league has been rising throughout the years, even though in Spain it's still two teams dominating the league, the other teams have improved tremendously and have been splendid in Europe compared to epl teams. Just look at atletico Madrid and it should be clear why epl and united simply isn't the top targets anymore. Anyone still insisting that epl dominates the other leagues should take a look now.

Real Madrid are pretty good as well.

Silly Sam reckoned that Pep Guardiola didn't come to the Premier League because he could only have gone to Chelsea and doing that would have made it impossible for said Pep to eventually take over at OT, Guardiola's undeclared 'dream destination'. An incredible reading of Guardiola's move to Bayern Munich.

The theorising of our biased media is becoming more and more threadbare as the glaring ordinariness of our top teams has been, and will be, exposed by Europe's elite. Facts cannot be addressed while there is still a devotion to the positive propaganda for a failing football nation. And for many journalists the embodiment of that footballing nation is Manchester United. The sad twats.

Of course Pep dreams of moving to Castle Greyskull, they're the biggest club in the world doncha know with over 600m fans according to one of their marketing goons (I'd love to know how they came up with that figure, most of the ones based in Manchester have the same chromosome so should only be counted as one).

I think while Man Utd are running away with the league it'll be quite difficult for the press to start saying their players are rubbish. If they were down with Chelsea or Arsenal, then it'd be easier.

However, if good Real Madrid turn up and hammer them in the CL then I expect their players to take a decent amount of stick. But if shit Real Madrid turn up and Utd get through, then it will be insufferable.

• Upvote 1

I think while Man Utd are running away with the league it'll be quite difficult for the press to start saying their players are rubbish. If they were down with Chelsea or Arsenal, then it'd be easier.

However, if good Real Madrid turn up and hammer them in the CL then I expect their players to take a decent amount of stick. But if shit Real Madrid turn up and Utd get through, then it will be insufferable.

This season will be a pretty bad blot on Mourinho's CV if they don't progress in Europe, so being the egotist he is hopefully he'll pull out every snide stop to get them into the next round at least. The worry is that the players - quite understandably - may no longer be behind him.

• 6 months later...

Now they've always been linked with far better/high profile players than what the actually sign but the propaganda machine is in overdrive this summer in order to cover up how shit Moyes is, so far they've been linked with:

Ronaldo: The second best player in the world, starring for one of the world's top 3 teams who he spent half his time at United pining for a move to

Bale: A player who looks set to move for a World Record fee, Scum's last major huge transfer fee was Berbatov for 30million in 2008

Falcao: Well everyone else was linked so might as well make them look ambitious too.

Fabregas: key player for his boyhood club who also happen to be a pretty special side, yeah good luck with that one

Lewandowski: Lets completely ignore the fact its well known he is going to Bayern next year

Thiago: So this was a done deal right? oops

Now the Mirror are running a Story tomorrow that if (when) they don't get Fabregas they'll go for Schweinsteiger, you know another player currently starring for his boyhood club who happen to be a considerably better side, I fully expect they'll be linked with Messi, Stevie and Aguero in the next week or so....

The reality however remains that they've signed a 20 year old right back from Uruguay and an overrated show pony from Crystal Palace for 15million who isn't half the player Tom Ince who looks set to stay at Blackpool is

I'm hearing they're being a lot more open with the press' date=' local press included, since Moyes took charge. Even freelancers are getting 15-20 minute interviews with first team players.[/quote']

Wait till they lose a few games and the press writes a few negative comments. See how open and friendly the cunts are then.