You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have had a few injections for my epididymitis the last being about 9 months ago and all has been fine since. Signed myself off from the hospital back to my doctors about 3 weeks ago as everything was great. What do you know,been in agony for the last few days as it feels like I've been kicked in bollocks by a racehorse and cant get a doctor's appointment for three weeks. Balls of fire.

Goodness gracious 

• Upvote 1

Have you met Stringvest or Tokyo Joe yet? them tossers are still fighting over the desert 

hang on a minute, cunthooks, don't be putting me in the same age bracket as Tokyo.  He is old enough to be my dad.  

Anyway Gord, a mate of mine (not yet 50) has just had his hip replacement replaced.  He is so glad he did - the op is now much easier and quicker, recovery is faster, and he's totally without hip pain.  If you can, you should look at least see whether it's available for you.

Have had a few injections for my epididymitis the last being about 9 months ago and all has been fine since. Signed myself off from the hospital back to my doctors about 3 weeks ago as everything was great. What do you know,been in agony for the last few days as it feels like I've been kicked in bollocks by a racehorse and cant get a doctor's appointment for three weeks. Balls of fire.

fucking hell.  How tickled you're not. Sorry to hear this Vlad.

hang on a minute, cunthooks, don't be putting me in the same age bracket as Tokyo.  He is old enough to be my dad.  

Anyway Gord, a mate of mine (not yet 50) has just had his hip replacement replaced.  He is so glad he did - the op is now much easier and quicker, recovery is faster, and he's totally without hip pain.  If you can, you should look at least see whether it's available for you.

hith-chinese-leaders-kublai-khan-E.jpeg 

Yuan-Emperor-Album-Khubilai-Portrait.jpg

You both look the same age to me. 

Guest Pistonbroke

My dad had to have his redine as they fucked it up completely. Might be worth getting checked

Twat of a night

Woke up a hour after going to sleep. Felt fucked,cold sweats finnaly got with it enough to do a blood test and they were dangerously low (2.2). Between 2.9 and 4.0 is low under 2.9 and you are on the way to loosing mental functions and slipping into a diabetic coma. So thank fuck i woke up. Stumple downstairs eat a yoghurt and a bag of rice and sit waiting for the next hour for the levels to rrise enough to go back to bed.

That sounds a pain mate, especially if you are knackered and have to be up early for work. 

Yeah, everybody I speak to says they are far more advanced, even though my own replacement was in 2008. My orthopaedic doctor is on holiday next week but I got an appointment a week Tuesday to have it all checked out. It's not any better and if anything it feels like it is getting worse, especially movement wise. 

Get ye to a hospital. It could be a repetition or it could be more serious like torsion. Don't fuck about waiting for a GP.

On the plus side, your condition has a really funny name. 

Get ye to a hospital. It could be a repetition or it could be more serious like torsion. Don't fuck about waiting for a GP.

Eased off a lot now and just more of a nagging pain(that makes two,including the missus.) It wont be torsion as I have heard how bad that is. My missus always says I am a giant ballbag so she's been proved correct for once.

Genuinely worried about lung cancer. I've had a recurring cough for about a month now and have had chest and back pain for about two weeks. Also feel tired and a little depressed most of the time. Been to the doctor twice and they don't want to give me a chest x-ray, I presume, because the chances of something that sinister at my age and with no history of smoking is extremely low. I'm probably being ridiculous but I'm still shitting myself.

• 4 weeks later...

I've a horrendous chest infection at the moment, I've a constant headache where I can not stop coughing and haven't slept properly for days.

Seen the doc this morning and I've torn my esophagus from all the coughing so am now throwing up blood.

I turned down beer and a shag last night I'm so poorly.

I've a horrendous chest infection at the moment, I've a constant headache where I can not stop coughing and haven't slept properly for days.

Seen the doc this morning and I've torn my esophagus from all the coughing so am now throwing up blood.

So he told you about you tearing your esophagus , did he not say what caused the rest Col? 

For oesophagus read arsehole,yes?

Its ok for you,thats why you are a missionary. A PSA test almost always goes with a finger up the arsehole from a male doctor rather than a female.

It was how my dad's prostate cancer was detected.

That's why I'm a missionary for it

It was how my dad's prostate cancer was detected.

That's why I'm a missionary for it

Sorry to hear that Cath. They usually do the finger test as part of any consultation beforehand(wahey!) or in the follow up consultations. I wouldn't mind if it was an attractive female who did the finger test,she wouldn't even have to be a doctor either!

You need to get a PSA check once a year once  you reach 50 - PSA = Prostate Specific Antigen - but for it to be meaningful you need to have it taken in your 30's or 40's to give a baseline level. It will go up as you age but sudden increases indicate a problem.

A finger up your bum to physically asses the size of your prostate is heaps better than the surgery required later and although it might seem undignified to you, spare a thought for the poor bastard who has to finger you and dozens of other unattractive hairy arseholes.

You need to get a PSA check once a year once you reach 50 - PSA = Prostate Specific Antigen - but for it to be meaningful you need to have it taken in your 30's or 40's to give a baseline level. It will go up as you age but sudden increases indicate a problem.

A finger up your bum to physically asses the size of your prostate is heaps better than the surgery required later and although it might seem undignified to you, spare a thought for the poor bastard who has to finger you and dozens of other unattractive hairy arseholes.

Never mind that - think of not being able to get an erection. Might as well kill you.

Guest Pistonbroke

Woke up with fucking toothache this morning, sods law being as we go on holiday tomorrow. I can't go to my dentist as they have block holidays, if I go to another one they might decide to do work on the days we are away, meaning if I didn't turn up on those days the health insurance would be in their right to refuse to pay. Fuck it, pain killers or shit loads of alcohol and if it gets too bad they have dentists were we are going.