You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Merseyside Derby

SCOUSE71UK

As someone who is passed 40 can you tell me what a troll is other than a mythical creature from fairy tales?

Troll part 1, = hairy mythical creature from fairy tales

Internet troll part 2, = bell-end who posts on forums in a vain attempt to annoy/anger/wind up/cause offence/all variations thereof by word and or deed.

Troll part 3 on a LFC web site trying to make out he is a Red when reality shows he is far far far from that, = total cock.

Troll part 4, one who names himself scouse/whatever = more than likely a manc or southern cock, or a child, trying to make out he is one of the group, when clearly he is none of the above, and despite what he thinks, cannot come across as one of the said group due to him or herself being a troll part 2/3 or indeed 4.

You could of course mention a school you just googled to try and convince some that you are from the area, or mention how much you love the club, although the chances are, you have never been to Liverpool or the ground since your birth, but keep trying anyway.

It works for silverlining ;)

Moglet thanks for the clarification on Troll.

It is unlikely I could google my school as it was knocked down in the late 80's early 90's and began life being called Canny High before being called Stockbridge Village comprehensive when Cantril Farm was renamed Stockbridge Village and it merged with Parkway.

Anyone under 31 years as not spent as much time living in Liverpool for as long as I did and my family have been born in Liverpool for over 100 years most of those still alive continue to live in Liverpool.

What you say in definition 3, 4 and the final paragraph should be reserved for those sad people who attack others so they can make out they can claim "I'm more of a Liverpool fan than you are". I genuinely feel sorry for them because anyone who needs to try and pull someone else down in order to build themselves up is sad and pathetic. I'm not pulling them down, in all honesty I am feeling sorry for them.

I have supported Liverpool for as long as I can remember and have been a Scouser all my life and will be for the remainder of my life.That isn't going to change because sad, petty people wish to doubt who I am.

I honestly thought this website was about like minded individuals voicing their thoughts on LFC. It seems I was wrong and it is what I call plassy LFC supporters, those who try to denigrate others so they can try to claim they are more of a supporter than others. All I have done since joining this website is put forward my opinion and if people don't like that opinion then they are free to attack it in the same way I will, but they will have to forgive me if I refuse to demean myself by attacking or questioning who or what they are.

My generation were brought up on a thing called Scouse Pride which meant we were proud of our city and proud to declare ourselves Scouse. Judging by the way I have been attacked for using the term Scouse it seems that in the ten years or so since I left it is dying out. I even had someone mentioning time spent on Merseyside when in fact a Scouser in my day wasn't someone from Merseyside but someone from Liverpool and only Liverpool. I am Scouse and PROUD OF IT! Nobody will ever change that.

It is unlikely I could google my school as it was knocked down in the late 80's early 90's and began life being called Canny High before being called Stockbridge Village comprehensive when Cantril Farm was renamed Stockbridge Village and it merged with Parkway.

Anyone under 31 years as not spent as much time living in Liverpool for as long as I did and my family have been born in Liverpool for over 100 years most of those still alive continue to live in Liverpool.

What you say in definition 3, 4 and the final paragraph should be reserved for those sad people who attack others so they can make out they can claim "I'm more of a Liverpool fan than you are". I genuinely feel sorry for them because anyone who needs to try and pull someone else down in order to build themselves up is sad and pathetic. I'm not pulling them down, in all honesty I am feeling sorry for them.

I have supported Liverpool for as long as I can remember and have been a Scouser all my life and will be for the remainder of my life.That isn't going to change because sad, petty people wish to doubt who I am.

I honestly thought this website was about like minded individuals voicing their thoughts on LFC. It seems I was wrong and it is what I call plassy LFC supporters, those who try to denigrate others so they can try to claim they are more of a supporter than others. All I have done since joining this website is put forward my opinion and if people don't like that opinion then they are free to attack it in the same way I will, but they will have to forgive me if I refuse to demean myself by attacking or questioning who or what they are.

My generation were brought up on a thing called Scouse Pride which meant we were proud of our city and proud to declare ourselves Scouse. Judging by the way I have been attacked for using the term Scouse it seems that in the ten years or so since I left it is dying out. I even had someone mentioning time spent on Merseyside when in fact a Scouser in my day wasn't someone from Merseyside but someone from Liverpool and only Liverpool. I am Scouse and PROUD OF IT! Nobody will ever change that.

My names jonnywad because I'm proud of my cock (biggest one in my pants). I live in a cave on the side of a hill. For a number of years, perhaps as many as half your life scouse, I've noticed fair few bluenoses (as they were once known) screaming obscenities, chanting/shouting murders, even squashing their faces with their hands- which gave the impression that there was a little animosity toward us. Suprised to learn it's just me they hate, and the rest of you and them are all sitting together having a laugh behind my back.

Fucking wool.

• 1 year later...

Bump.

If anyone is interested, I've created a new game on Sporcle asking people to name both teams' starting XIs in the league derbies since 1992. I've broken the game down into 5-season sections to make it a bit easier. As before, each game (and all my other games) can be linked to your mates via Twitter, Facebook etc so you can challenge each other. Have a go and let me know what you think and please spread the word.

PS - I knew Everton had fielded their fair share of shite over the years but I was still staggered by just how many workmanlike players they filled their team with. No wonder they flirted with relegation so often.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/iDom/merseyside-derby-premier-league-xis-1992-1997

http://www.sporcle.com/games/iDom/merseyside-derby-premier-league-xis-1997-2002

http://www.sporcle.com/games/iDom/merseyside-derby-premier-league-xis-2002-2007

http://www.sporcle.com/games/iDom/merseyside-derby-premier-league-xis-2007-2012

http://www.sporcle.com/games/iDom/merseyside-derby-premier-league-xis-from-2012-onwards

Thanks to all.