You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The BBC website has a table of the Top 50 watched video clips for the games building up to the most watched clip on Sunday. 50-41 today. Surprised Murray's win wasnt placed higher

BBC Sport - London 2012: Countdown of BBC Sport's most-viewed videos

How depressing that, after an Olympics stuffed with Corinthian moments, the most watched videos are the athletic equivalents of Man Getting Hit by F**tball in Groin.

Ill have a look if that's still up later, should be good.

Just checked. It is. It's now been reordered so it begins with the most watched clip and moves back 1-50.

Tbh, I forgot about looking past the first day's when I posted that so when you bumped it I thought it would be typical if it had now disappeared but I/we're in luck

How depressing that, after an Olympics stuffed with Corinthian moments, the most watched videos are the athletic equivalents of Man Getting Hit by F**tball in Groin.

No 36 The interview with Le Clos's dad after his lad won gold. Loved it.

You're giving the game away!

They've included that on the DVD box set, it's a brilliant moment and actually quite moving.

I never actually saw it at the time but it was so heartwarming to see that great big Eugene Terreblanche lookalike bursting with pride over his beautiful boy

• 4 weeks later...
So apart from various athletes appearing on rubbish TV shows whats the legacy of this olympics been so far?

Many people are still getting enjoyment from their experiences of the games, various high quality sporting venues, the expertise that can be passed on for staging the Commonwealth Games, increased uptake in many sports and the inspiration for an upcoming generation of athletes and increased trade and tourism. A lot of this maybe unquantifiable but even you must be able to see that it was an overwhelmingly successful global event (I shouldnt even have responded, should I?)

• 8 months later...