You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabio Borini

moof

I certainly see what you are saying but I just felt that even in the system we've played all along Borini struggled on the right, but I suppose with Sturridge and Suarez as the other members of the front 3 rather than possibly two more natural wingers like we saw at times earlier on in the season there will be a lot more fluidity

I think our cohesiveness, going forward, has been getting better since Borini has been on the pitch... as the players are getting used to what the manager is instructing, and how the team is making it's runs/movement/etc.

I think it'll help him when he returns.

He was a fair bit of money and has done nothing and been injured.

Aquilani had been left for dead by the fans in not too dissimilar circumstances.

I hope the fans give him a chance and I will support him but my head says he will do nothing for us

I remember people sticking by Aquilani until about his 3rd successive injury.

I think they'll give Borini the benefit of the doubt but at the end of the day it will all rest on his ability to convert the chances he gets.

I don't hold out much hope for him, to be honest. He needs playing in the center as he's pretty much useless out wide and I'm not sure that's going to happen too often now that Sturridge is here.

I reckon he'll be about as useless out wide as Kuyt was. He'll offer plenty to the team but not enough to placate the highlight watchers and mouth breathers.

If we buy a player he's got come good instantly , or he's shite & a waste of money. If he's unlucky & gets injured he's another Aqualani who cost good money but is on the treatment table. I despair of our 'fans' sometimes. He's only a young lad, is on about 4th club (?) in 2-3 years, needs time to settle down, to get to know his teammates etc. I think he's looked ok when he's played, his movement is good, he's a threat. How many games has he played? Give the lad a chance,at least.

If we wanted a slow burner we could have bought a candle and put 11,999,999 in the bank. If a player is worth that much he should be an automatic first team pick.

Which he was until his injury. derp. And will get his chance again when he's fit. Thankfully there's a little more competition for him now. I'm happy to pay a slightly higher fee than the perceived value of a player if we save a few bob on his wages.

He's got good off the ball movement and good work rate but that's it. Not much of a footballer in my books, ridiculously awkward with the ball at his feet and never a £12m player. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong but he's gonna eventually rank as one of Rodger's poor signings imo.

Guest davelfc
To be honest, I think I'm going to wait until he actually plays a decent amount of games for us before making up my mind. Pretty out there, I know, but I thought what the hell....

You take your common sense approach and you get the hell out of here.

I'll judge him harshly on the few appearances I've seen and the time he has spent injured and repeatedly hammer the manager for this.

Can't see how he's going to get a start now unless Sterling, Sturridge or Luis are not in the team for whatever reason.

Will play in the Europa league with Sturridge cup tied and some FA cup games.

Still think we got him for a lot less than publicised by the papers.

He's still very young and can't believe people have written him off already.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
To be honest' date=' I think I'm going to wait until he actually plays a decent amount of games for us before making up my mind. Pretty out there, I know, but I thought what the hell....[/quote']

If Code can judge a player in one match (plenty of time, apparently), you should be able to do it in five.

Can't see how he's going to get a start now unless Sterling, Sturridge or Luis are not in the team for whatever reason.

Will play in the Europa league with Sturridge cup tied and some FA cup games.

Still think we got him for a lot less than publicised by the papers.

He's still very young and can't believe people have written him off already.

Didn't Roma put the figure on their official website?

Sometimes you just get feelings about players after seeing them for a few times and my feeling about him is that he won't be very good.

Obviously, i'm not infallible and have been wrong plenty of times but that doesn't stop me from forming opinions all of my very own and i don't see why it should

Again, i very much hope he turns out to be the best player in the world ever and whatever happens he'll always get my support whilst he's in a Liverpool shirt.

To be honest, I think I'm going to wait until he actually plays a decent amount of games for us before making up my mind. Pretty out there, I know, but I thought what the hell....

You mad crazy fool! I read his school reports when he was 8 years old, before he signed any professional contract in football, and thought I hope this cunt doesn't sign for Liverpool FC

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyone that holds out hope for Borini is :-

A: Wool

Yeah, it's a known fact that local lads judge players after five league games.

B: Never seen a top class striker in their early days

Like, say, Ian Rush?