You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big brave racist lionheart John Terry

Redder Lurtz

A few of the journos are tweeting from court, I wonder if Oliver Holt will be offered as a character witness.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceIndy.

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy

Terry trial underway. Crown alleges Terry said to Ferdinand: ''F*** off, f*** off, f****** black c***, f****** nobhead' on 23 Oct 2011

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

Terry certain he heard Ferdinand's words because Loftus Road 'only holds 20,000 fans while at Old Trafford there are 80,000'

Collapse

Retweet

Favorite

A few of the journos are tweeting from court, I wonder if Oliver Holt will be offered as a character witness.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceIndy.

Some of the tweets are pretty funny.

Some of footage court is being shown on Terry trial was filmed by ‪#CFC‬ for 'future training purposes'

Terry describes argument with Ferdinand (in FA statement) as 'a debate'

Ferdinand says in court he said to Terry: 'You shagged your team-mate's missus, you're a c***'

Ferdinand does his gesture 'for shagging' in court, at request of crown

Edited by Babb'sBurstNad

Ollie Holt, has very kindly, decided to leave this one to his peers and not attend. I suppose after the exhaustive and extensive way he covered the Suarez case while it was on, he didn't want to hog all the lime-light, and give someone else a chance to tirelessly and relentlessly cover it.

It is in no way anything to do with the fact he ghost-wrote Terry's book and has already tried to defend him.

I am still expecting Piara Powar, Lord Ouseley and all the other publicity seekers to come out and describe John Terry as a man of dignity, virtue and the perfect embodiment of the British spirit. If there is one thing I am certain of, it's that this case will highlight the frankly ridiculous and shameful double-standards of those people fortunate enough to have their voice and opinions given a public forum, but these double-standards will be conveniently glossed over to protect the British sporting image on the eve of the London Olympics.

if found not guilty he should get an 8 game ban is same vein as Saurez. If found guilty then he should get about 16 games.

No matter what happens given that the FA like to deal in the 'balance of probabilities' rather than actual facts corroborated by evidence, they will need to have their own 'independent hearing' after the trial takes place.

"Ferdinand does his gesture 'for shagging' in court, at request of crown "

if he didn't laugh when he did this then can F*** off, f*** off, f****** gay c***, f****** nobhead

and anyway surely john terry's maa is more qualified than ferdinand to demonstrate this?

Think it's going to line up as Terry & Cole claiming that Ferdinand said he was racially abused to wind Terry up. Ferdinand will deny. Presumably there will be no strong evidence to back Ferdinand up and Terry will get off. The FA will drop their case and Ferdinand will be made to look as though he has played the race card. No black player will ever complain of racism again and everyone involved in football can go back to pretending that it never happens. Happy days for all concerned unless you're of the opinion that justice and racism actually matter

Guest davelfc

He will no doubt use the excuse that with so many cameras able to pick up what he says, he would be mad to racially abuse a player in such a public way.

What does it matter, the media have their 'convicted racist' poster boy already.

Think it's going to line up as Terry & Cole claiming that Ferdinand said he was racially abused to wind Terry up. Ferdinand will deny. Presumably there will be no strong evidence to back Ferdinand up and Terry will get off. The FA will drop their case and Ferdinand will be made to look as though he has played the race card. No black player will ever complain of racism again and everyone involved in football can go back to pretending that it never happens. Happy days for all concerned unless you're of the opinion that justice and racism actually matter

Except that's not the charge here it's just part of the scenesetting.

It's reported that the Prosecution says that Terry accepts using "Fuck off, Fuck off", - "Fuckin black cunt" and "Fuckin knobhead" but the Defence will be that it was "Sarcastic exclamation".

Ferdinand alleged on lip reading evidence to have shouted at Terry "Oi you, hsagging ya mates missus"

Now given that Suarez was accused of saying Neh-Groh (Black) and then told regardless of the circumstances, the players colour should not have been used - I don't see how Terry can get away with this. 12 game ban.

Ferdinand doesn't have to prove anything, he's not charged with anything.

Journo's on Twitter saying that Terry's lawyer has accused Ferdinand of claiming that he made a false allegation of racism on the pitch to try to wind Terry up. Terry's statement back will be claimed to mean something like " fuck off, fuck off, (I didn't call you a) black cunt (how dare you accuse me) fucking knobhead"

If Cole backs Terry up then I can see him winning this

Terry has admitted using the words - it's the context of the use that he's presenting as defence.

Terry doesn't have to prove his defence. The prosecution have to prove the words used were within hearing or sight of a person likely to to be caused harassment alarm or distress. The burden remains with the prosecution.

If Terry is really going to stand up in court and argue his conduct was reasonable because Ferdinand made a comment about his infidelity, then I think he'll be pissing in the wind as he'll effectively be admitting he was retaliating and using Ferdinand's skin colour to cause distress.

EDIT : Just seen PestiRed's post. That's what I thought Terry was arguing, that in fact he hadn't used the words black cunt. The fact he used them in a denial such as above is not going to amount to an offence.

Journo's on Twitter saying that Terry's lawyer has accused Ferdinand of claiming that he made a false allegation of racism on the pitch to try to wind Terry up. Terry's statement back will be claimed to mean something like " fuck off, fuck off, (I didn't call you a) black cunt (how dare you accuse me) fucking knobhead"

If Cole backs Terry up then I can see him winning this

I know and if that's the best the defence have got I'll be amazed if that isn't laughed out of court, but stranger things have happened.

Terry doesn't have to prove his defence. The prosecution have to prove the words used were within hearing or sight of a person likely to to be caused harassment alarm or distress. The burden remains with the prosecution.

If Terry is really going to stand up in court and argue his conduct was reasonable because Ferdinand made a comment about his infidelity, then I think he'll be pissing in the wind as he'll effectively be admitting he was retaliating and using Ferdinand's skin colour to cause distress.

Terry admitting he used the words sort of does the prosecution job for them. His stance is that he was being sarcastic in response to the Ferdinand dig about his sexual proclivities.

Terry admitting he used the words sort of does the prosecution job for them. His stance is that he was being sarcastic in response to the Ferdinand dig about his sexual proclivities.

What do you mean by admitting using the words? If he says he was falsely accused, and said to Ferdinand "I didn't call you a black cunt" then that isn't going to amount to an offence because it is clear he is referencing an accusation and denying it. The sentence above couldn't be construed as intending to cause harassment alarm or distress.