You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Anyone else think we might bid for Jack Butland?

All silent on the Reina front.

found it strange Reina's not in the tour squad, thought it was due to the Euro's but Borini is in, Doni not included either so assume he is leaving?

found it strange Reina's not in the tour squad, thought it was due to the Euro's but Borini is in, Doni not included either so assume he is leaving?

Yea, it is a little strange

I found this on it...

"Rodgers confirmed that all players involved in Euro 2012 would be given four weeks off from the date of their last game in the competition. Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson, will meet up with the rest of the Reds’ squad next week in time for the game against Roma on July 25 in Boston."

Henderson also has absolutely top class first time passing. You put him in a midfield three with an option always open? That would suit him perfectly, and keep the ball moving around brilliantly.

Completely agree. Covers a lot of ground as well, I'm expecting a much improved season for him.

I don't see Walcott as an out and out striker. I see him in the attacking midfield - that night he pounced on Gerrard's missed-kick and ran between the 'thirds' assisting the goal scorer (champion's league quarter) is what should have been programmed into his brain from that night onwards. Torn to shreds we were.

I don't think there is something going on with Reina. He has got 4 weeks off like all the others players. Borini wanted to come over 1 week earlier than he had to. Good to hear Borini is eager to get on with his Liverpool career. From the offal : Borini gives up holiday for LFC - Liverpool FC

Sports report on Juice FM said that Joe Allen had asked Swansea not to stand in his way if Livepool came in for him. Given the gentleman's agreement that Rodgers is supposed to have, I would have thought that Allen needs to put a transfer request in, Swansea than have to review any bids that come in; and the player needs to say that the only club he's interested in is Liverpool?

Fucking hell. Did someone piss in your cheerios today?

Nah we just got linked to a pile of shite players again and I'm not prepared to pretend they're any good, whenever most on here would have said they were shit lat season.

If there was no change of manager in the summer, quite a few would be shouting about our British policy still in work too.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Fucking hell. Did someone piss in your cheerios today?

I'd be over the fucking moon if we signed those players.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Walcott, Allen, and Borini should instantly give us a stronger starting XI

We're a long way from that actually happening, unfortunately.