You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How's the new season going?  Flipper coming out alright?

A bit stop start - I've only actually played two matches in which I've bowled 11 overs 1 Maiden 1 Wicket 49 runs.  So my economy is much better than last season but the wickets are drying up a bit.  That's partly down to dropped catches and partly down to not threatening the stumps enough.  Also bowling on pudding wickets with turn but zero bounce, so line and length needs to be blob on.  The flipper still breaks from off to leg a bit but I get the odd one out straight.  I have only bowled a few of them in matches as they're not as reliable as the other deliveries yet.  Hopefully this Sunday's match won't be called off.  I still haven't played a t20 match, which is where I got most of my wickets last season.  

It looks like Scott Borthwick's bowling has gone to shit and he is more a batsman now?  I guess it's hard to master both at that level.   

Brilliant death bowling from Malinga there.

As usual England pissing around at the top of the order fucks them in the arse.

Tremendous from Buttler, meh from the rest.

Hate it when i see the name Malinga connected with a batting team's demise. Absolutely scandalous what he gets away with.

Incidentally,i watched almost all of the IPL and his team,Mumbai,couldnt bowl for toffee after he left them to come to the UK.

• Upvote 2

Makings is one of the very best bowlers in the world. There is nothing illegal about his action at all. On the subcontinent, you will see a lot of street and club bowlers with a similar action, which they picked up through softball cricket. It's unorthodox and not illegal.

• Upvote 1

Makings is one of the very best bowlers in the world. There is nothing illegal about his action at all. On the subcontinent, you will see a lot of street and club bowlers with a similar action, which they picked up through softball cricket. It's unorthodox and not illegal.

There is very good reason why England don't produce any interesting quick or spin bowlers, this shit gets coached out of them by the time they're about eight.

I hope Butler is in the test squad.

Reasonable shout, probably throw Jordan into consideration as well.

With Buttler, England will have to make the decision to play him as a pure batsman or as a wicket-keeper. I'm not even sure who our wicket-keeper is at Test level anymore - Prior still? I imagine England will throw Buttler back to Lancashire for the County Championship season and let him develop from there, whilst allowing Ballance to get more game time at Test level.

Prior is just back from injury and seemed to fall out of favour in The Ashes series. I think picking Buttler is a statement. He's an aggressive attacking player, and England really need more of what he's got. Maybe his technique won't stand up to the longer format, but I think he needs the chance to have a go at it.