You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Allan

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm suspecting some shenanigans already.

Been in one lobby where the lag was just awful, despite everyone having full bars. Impossible to play.

Also, the last game I played in my little session, me and a couple of mates were destroyed by the oppo, who were all running with the same kit, the final score was 7500-1500, it was a joke. The amount of air support they had up was unreal.

The UMP is massively overpowered, again, and it's pretty much all people are using at the moment, despite ranking through and unlocking other weapons.

The maps are very layered this time round, so be mindful that the mini map may not be telling the whole truth.

Elite is still shafted, still waiting to sign in on my PC so I can get my 2 hours DXP for signing up.

What's all this ELITE business then?

Is it just to make the no-life geeks feel even more superior or is it first step to subscription online only?

Have a read, here:

Elite - What's included.

You have the choice of signing up to the free or premium service, if indeed you want to at all.

The premiuim service is included in the price for the Hardened Edition, which is the road I went down, because I'm a nerd, a huge one at that...

I'm suspecting some shenanigans already.

Been in one lobby where the lag was just awful, despite everyone having full bars. Impossible to play.

Also, the last game I played in my little session, me and a couple of mates were destroyed by the oppo, who were all running with the same kit, the final score was 7500-1500, it was a joke. The amount of air support they had up was unreal.

The UMP is massively overpowered, again, and it's pretty much all people are using at the moment, despite ranking through and unlocking other weapons.

The maps are very layered this time round, so be mindful that the mini map may not be telling the whole truth.

Elite is still shafted, still waiting to sign in on my PC so I can get my 2 hours DXP for signing up.

You not impressed then mate?

You not impressed then mate?

Not saying that I'm not impressed. I've enjoyed it online so far, barring the 2 games I mentioned.

Certainly appears to be a game where you'll be best served playing as a party. (Unless FFA is your thing of course).

Not been on it yet today. Mate of mines been on and isnt impressed, says the respawning is shit and the killstreaks are overpowering the game.

I've not come across too many shitty spawns as yet, although you will always get some horrible spawns.

The air support is overpowered, and you can have so much up at the same time. Worse than MW2 in these early stages.

The biggest grumble I have is the UMP, way overpowered again, and predictably, everyone is using it, with RDS and Rapid Fire.

Got mine.

Thanks for the tips, Al.

Planning on hiding in buildings and using Claymores early doors until I get a feel for the game. Or put C4 above the door if Claymores aren't available early on.

Will play a couple of campaign missions to get to grips and then online later (much later at this rate). Can't wait for the weekend!

Got mine.

Thanks for the tips, Al.

Planning on hiding in buildings and using Claymores early doors until I get a feel for the game. Or put C4 above the door if Claymores aren't available early on.

Will play a couple of campaign missions to get to grips and then online later (much later at this rate). Can't wait for the weekend!

Claymores not until level 69 mate. I think.

For anyone who hasn't got a copy this is a good way of getting one cheap:

Get Call of Duty: MW3 for £25 when you buy selected points or membership cards - Tesco.Direct

Add 2 MW3 games to basket and 2 x £25 PSN cards.

Use code TDX-NTRY £10 off £75 and select delivery to local store for £90 in total.

Take one copy of MW3 to CEX and you'll get £33 in cash for it.

Total outlay for MW3 and 2 x £25 PSN cards is £57.

You could sell the PSN's for £20 each easily if you don't want them.

Had £6+ track via Quidco as well.

Guest Gucci_Ledge

mine didn't turn up today, if it wasn't the hardened edition i've got coming i would have just gone out at 5ish and bought one.

Zavvi let me down, didn't even post it until sunday night so probably monday. and Amazon have let my flatmate down even after he paid for 1st Class "guaranteed" release day delivery so we are left stranded fucking fuming.

mine didn't turn up today, if it wasn't the hardened edition i've got coming i would have just gone out at 5ish and bought one.

Zavvi let me down, didn't even post it until sunday night so probably monday. and Amazon have let my flatmate down even after he paid for 1st Class "guaranteed" release day delivery so we are left stranded fucking fuming.

That's shite, that. Hope your copy turns up in the morning for you.

A mate of mine ordered through Game, and because it didn't turn up early for him, he kicked up such a stink that they set one aside for him to pick up at the midnight release, on the proviso that he sent his pre-order copy back in a pre paid envelope they supplied.

Well, his pre-order copy didn't arrive today either, instead he received 2 of the Intel packs Game were using as incentive, 4 hours DXP each... Despite having a copy of the game, he is still fuming, and I believe has no intention of returning his pre-order copy, when it does eventually turn up.

Had a quick blast on Spec Ops, and the Survival mode looks to be good, so I'll hit that when frustration gets the better of me in the online world.

Elite is still fucked. At least it was about 15 minutes ago...