You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Defo their year next year now he’s signing.

The great thing for me is that this signing will now raise their expectations through the roof only for it all to end in disappointment again.

I’m beginning to think Klopp is a poor manager. If he can’t see it’s the system that is failing then he’s either stupid, ignorant or blind.

You could put any defenders in that system and they’d look poor, they are badly exposed as a unit and no individual will make much difference.

I feel a bit sorry for VVD, he’s going to the most classless club possible and he’ll be exposed badly by their style of play.

My feet are already itching to do a little jig once he starts making mistakes, getting criticism and looking average.

Up until that last paragraph, that could have been written by Funnneee or Grinch.

• Upvote 3

I honestly wouldn’t play him in the cup game if that’s his first game. He hasn’t exactly been in great form and it stinks of goading him into a sending off or something. I think he should be eased in, Ox style.

I agree, takes the pressure off a bit, Although I'd like to see it done a bit quicker than it was with AOC.

I honestly wouldn’t play him in the cup game if that’s his first game. He hasn’t exactly been in great form and it stinks of goading him into a sending off or something. I think he should be eased in, Ox style.

You’d rather play a fucking clown like Lovren and a £4m squad signing in Klavan rather than the worlds most expensive defender?

If he can’t start this game then he’s not of the standard we needed.

• Upvote 1

If he's not 6'3" the big Sam is not going to sign him. He needs a big lump up front to introduce phase 2 of 10 men behind the ball and pump it up to the big lad.

Well he is 6'6

Scored goals for fun in Turkey and the national team. Never seen the fucker play

Actually looking again at that wiki page looks like a dodgy edit

Says 18 international goals

But looking at the list he inly scored 8

And some shite about rejecting us for a club with more ambition

You’d rather play a fucking clown like Lovren and a £4m squad signing in Klavan rather than the worlds most expensive defender?

If he can’t start this game then he’s not of the standard we needed.

For all the attacking Everton are going to do, you might as well play me at CB.

They've been linked with the player by the media. Around transfer window time, for some reason a lot of posters on this site seem to equate 'rumour' with 'done deal'.

The guardian reported it as a done deal, medical and all. That's a bit more than the rumors section. His numbers aren't that impressive bar a little Michael Bridges spell in the last 5 months so I wouldn't be getting too excited if I was a bitter.

I’m on a couple of red vs blue banter pages on Facebook and someone has reported the page to Facebook haha!

All the blues have literally vanished until they won a couple under fat sam but have been taking loads of stick then started to give it back. Now we signed VVD the reds have been proper laying into them to the point it’s been reported. It is only footy banter as well, no out of order personal stuff.

I really don't understand the last statistic at all...

Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun will be Everton's main January target.

Manager Sam Allardyce wants to make the 26-year-old his first major signing - in a deal worth around £25m - since succeeding Ronald Koeman.

Allardyce is also pondering a £25m move for Sevilla midfielder Steven Nzonzi, who played for him at Blackburn Rovers.

Tosun, who has been linked with Crystal Palace and Newcastle, helped Besiktas reach the Champions League last 16, where they will face Bayern Munich.

He scored his ninth goal of the season on Thursday in Besiktas' 4-1 win over Osmanlispor.

No deal has yet been finalised, but Everton hope to conclude business swiftly once the transfer window opens on 1 January.

The failure to replace Romelu Lukaku after his summer move to Manchester United has left the Goodison Park club short in attack.

However, Everton major shareholder Farhad Moshiri is willing to back his new manager in January and a left-back is also a priority, with Leighton Baines injured.

Allardyce is unbeaten in his seven games in charge, with three wins and three draws in the Premier League moving them up to ninth place.