You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Are we sure this wasn't just a straightener between a few on here?...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/disgust-homeless-man-subjected-vicious-12392314

Note the advert as well....they all go the game though...

Disgusting that temhe little pricks. I remember the tramp in huyton village getting a right battering off a few pricks near the station. Mindless violence. One of the things I never missed about this place was the 'lads' who go round doing shit like this. I hope they all get a serious hiding.
  • Upvote 1

Disgusting that temhe little pricks. I remember the tramp in huyton village getting a right battering off a few pricks near the station. Mindless violence. One of the things I never missed about this place was the 'lads' who go round doing shit like this. I hope they all get a serious hiding.

It is pretty disgusting...problem is they'll probably get away with it..but I am a big believer in what goes around comes around.

At least being in paper might lead to him getting some help though...just a shame it has to take him getting filled in to highlight issue.

There was people in here making pretty serious claims of racism the other day.

What happened? Do Black lives not matter any more or something?

Why are you not complaining to the authorities and such?

It was the Liverpool fans responding to Everton fans with "You Manc bastards", after Mane collided with the keeper

Oh that's alright then. As long as we can accuse people without having to think of the consequences.

You'll see in among those posts about (what sounded like) racist chanting I posted a link to  Kick It Out, where people can report incidents.  And such.  I'd reported it and left it with them to investigate.  I'm assuming that they will be able to determine if it really was "you Manc bastards" (as the CPS were able to determine that Tom Adeyemi was called a Manc bastard when he played at Anfield a few years ago).

How about you?  What did you do in response to the allegations?

Another post:

"I wouldn't like us to commit to transfers until a clear lie of the land has been taken vis-a-vis the existing roster i.e how's Aiden going on loan, is Gibbo ready for a comeback, how's Arouna and Oumar's game.

Seems silly to jeopordise our 7th placing by bringing in new faces unfamiliar with the Everton contract-for-life, 'family' culture.

If we bring in football mercenaries unwilling to concentrate on events more important than playing (eg Blue Chrimbo), I think we are being too short-sighted.

I love seeing our lads dressed as blue Santa more than I love seeing them get results on the pitch.

In summary :we should not jeopardise the 'Everton way' by bringing in new players who are not family oriented, and committed to staying at Everton for life"

That is the second greatest internet post I have ever read.  It isn't quite in the same realms as "our lovely Iranian slapping his cash on the table", but it is certainly top, top quality.

It is written by a regular poster.  I had to check as I assumed it was ironic.

See the wonder of it in its natural habitat: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2017.92578/page-595#post-5138303

• Upvote 3

That is the second greatest internet post I have ever read. It isn't quite in the same realms as "our lovely Iranian slapping his cash on the table", but it is certainly top, top quality.

It is written by a regular poster. I had to check as I assumed it was ironic.

See the wonder of it in its natural habitat: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2017.92578/page-595#post-5138303

I just assumed it was a Red on a windup and that everyone who liked it was a Red who got the joke

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/04/everton-new-ground-docks-agm

I'm impressed with the reckless, almost scattergun, approach of trying to rile nearly everyone else in the league:

Moshiri said his ambition was to restore Everton to the elite of English football and that wallowing in a rich history or winning popularity contests would not suffice. The former Arsenal shareholder said: “It’s not enough to say you are a special club and a great club – we don’t want to be a museum. We need to be competitive and to win. The gold standard is the Premier League position, not the FA Cup, and I love the FA Cup. You need to do well in the league. That is where Everton’s competitive edge will be measured and needs to be totally focused.

“There is a mini-league emerging this year of six clubs. Three of the six clubs are historically big clubs – Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool – who started succeeding after us with the global expansion of the Premier League. Manchester City and Chelsea bankrolled their success before financial fair play came in.

“Tottenham is a mix of good luck, Harry Kane coming through and being in London with London ticket prices, so they have a long waiting list so can go for a big new stadium, but they are not there yet. West Ham with their new stadium could have been a threat but it is not working that way.

“We have a position but we do not have all the time in the world. We need to establish ourselves and we have a window to do it. Bill and previous managers kept the club close to the elite for many years but now we need to look at a sustainable base to be among the elite. It takes time but we are committed, that’s why we are here.”