You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

they are really hurting after the latest derby defeat aren't they...this short but very revealing post is dripping with the kind bitterness the worst of them are full of - you can feel the bitterness.

"Its synonymous with my city. If you know your history. It was utilised by our club before they existed"

The word my is underlined on the actual post on GOT.

I suppose in a funny sort of way I hope they do get a new stadium, so long as it's all fair and above board and they pay for it. With us on the upswing and them having no chance whatsoever of cracking the top six any time soon, I'd like to see them have something to give them pride. Let them get their stadium, off their own steam, and then fill it with blues from a city they say is full of blues, and then we'll see what's what.

Good luck to them - but no shady deals.

• Upvote 1

they are really hurting after the latest derby defeat aren't they...this short but very revealing post is dripping with the kind bitterness the worst of them are full of - you can feel the bitterness.

"Its synonymous with my city. If you know your history. It was utilised by our club before they existed"

The word my is underlined on the actual post on GOT.

The sad thing is they genuinely believe they outnumber reds in the city, genuinely. The bile and the brainwashing is totally complete with a vast amount of their fans. My family predominately is red, we hail from Everton. None of this horrible shite they spout would be tolerated anywhere near me and mine, and that includes my blue family. Bad enough the odd time I hear it now but I don't venture to County Rd or Goodison anymore and I sold my caravan in Towyn years ago.

The sad thing is they genuinely believe they outnumber reds in the city, genuinely. The bile and the brainwashing is totally complete with a vast amount of their fans. My family predominately is red, we hail from Everton. None of this horrible shite they spout would be tolerated anywhere near me and mine, and that includes my blue family. Bad enough the odd time I hear it now but I don't venture to County Rd or Goodison anymore and I sold my caravan in Towyn years ago.

Ha! i moved out of Liverpool in around 2000 and all i can say is that up until that point i would say that reds always outnumbered blues in and around Liverpool for my money...although it wasn't something that was really on my mind.

There was of course always a lot more 'outsiders' come into the city for Liverpool games, and in my experience of Anfield in recent times the number has definitely grown - this is what gives them their 'ammo' on this subject and is what has fed the whole thing until now where it is of course in their eyes a 'fact' that Liverpool is full of Evertonians....Anfields matchday demographic has made this stick for them.

Ha! i moved out of Liverpool in around 2000 and all i can say is that up until that point i would say that reds always outnumbered blues in and around Liverpool for my money...although it wasn't something that was really on my mind.

There was of course always a lot more 'outsiders' come into the city for Liverpool games, and in my experience of Anfield in recent times the number has definitely grown - this is what gives them their 'ammo' on this subject and is what has fed the whole thing until now where it is of course in their eyes a 'fact' that Liverpool is full of Evertonians....Anfields matchday demographic has made this stick for them.

Being globally huge does not make you locally small. The sooner they realise this they might move away from their parochial standing. North Wales unofficial capital is Liverpool. They must get no respite.

Being globally huge does not make you locally small. The sooner they realise this they might move away from their parochial standing. North Wales unofficial capital is Liverpool. They must get no respite.

Absolutely - but it is easy to see how they have been able to perpetuate that myth...

I recall the 4-0 when Suarez and Sturridge wrecked them and we had seats in the main stand right by them....it was sadly whopperville all around us - shirts on top of coats etc and there was a very large number of tourists.

Towards the end of the game people were leaving in droves around us club shop bags in hand etc and the bitters were in full on piss take mode 'what times your aeroplane' etc...that is their perception of us that they have twisted into what they spout now.

Absolutely - but it is easy to see how they have been able to perpetuate that myth...

I recall the 4-0 when Suarez and Sturridge wrecked them and we had seats in the main stand right by them....it was sadly whopperville all around us - shirts on top of coats etc and there was a very large number of tourists.

Towards the end of the game people were leaving in droves around us club shop bags in hand etc and the bitters were in full on piss take mode 'what times your aeroplane' etc...that is their perception of us that they have twisted into what they spout now.

They completely use it to cover their inadequacies and try and belittle our fans. The truth is there for all to see come half season ticket time. Popularity and price affects a lot of local reds going the game these days. It's the price you pay for decades of domination.

They completely use it to cover their inadequacies and try and belittle our fans. The truth is there for all to see come half season ticket time. Popularity and price affects a lot of local reds going the game these days. It's the price you pay for decades of domination.

Oh don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for them - I am just saying how they see it.

I do think they may be winning the battle for local young support because it is more accesible to go and see them....maybe someone still in the city and who has an informed view could take that point up, but I do think it may be true from what I hear....

Our fanbase is very diverse in terms of geography and that is because we are a big global club - but i also feel it is an ageing one inside anfield.

The way we sell tickets does not help, neither does the way the memberships have been allowed to be sold in such big numbers....this having to buy half a seasons worth of games at a time lark prices people out for starters, then those who can afford to stump up that money all at once then have the credits and it creates a closed shop - the local sales and local members sales help and are a good idea but it seems that system has flaws and problems....hopefully the club will continue to work with SOS et al to improve.

It does in all honesty feel like Anfield has become a place where local support has dwindled and that dwindling has accelerated in recent years and whilst it isn't as simple as the 'daytrippers have taken all the tickets' there is an issue that needs resolving in my view - and the 'blame' does not lie all with one demographic or even the club and locals are not blameless either (selling tickets etc)....

What can't be argued though whether we like it or not whether people feel it matters or not is that there is a very big perception about anfield being full of tourists, daytrippers and oot's...

I have a membership and I go about 8/9 home games a season and some cup games and i have a mate down here who wanted to take his lad to anfield as he is an lfc fan - he is london born and bred but he loves lfc...he asked me if i could box him off and i said yeah so i sorted him two tickets for the watford 6-1.

His lad loved it and i was happy to help - the tickets were in the anny rd lower and my mate remarked to me how surprised he was at the lack of scouse voices around him in the ground and generally outside before - now if people see this as a problem (i am not saying i do by way) but i have clearly 'added' to it on this occasion and i am sure there are hundreds of examples like that story every week...it is because we are a big famous global club - only last week a brazilian lad at work asked if i could box him and his mrs off (i would like to sort her out but that is another story, in my frigging dreams!) i have by letting them have my and a mate of mines tickets for the cup game against plymouth (we are in the acs)....again it all adds to what the bitters mock us for - but here is the thing if i was an evertonian i bet i would never get asked to sort people out, as it is i reckon i get asked probably every other week....

• Upvote 1

How boring. The Anfield/Goodison divide is analogous to frequenting a Michelin star restaurant and concerning yourself that the population of the local Greggs may consider you aloof or part of a pretentious global set. Following Liverpool is authentically divine; if you're anxious what the palsied cousins across the park think, stop going.

The cunts lord Duncan Ferguson who has been done for assault 4 times and spent time behind bars, ohh those bitters.

Remember when those bitters made a big show of going up to Barlinnie on the day of his release, and he just fucked off at 100mph and ignored them? The mirth I had

• Upvote 1

Oh don't get me wrong I am not sticking up for them - I am just saying how they see it.

I do think they may be winning the battle for local young support because it is more accesible to go and see them....maybe someone still in the city and who has an informed view could take that point up, but I do think it may be true from what I hear....

Our fanbase is very diverse in terms of geography and that is because we are a big global club - but i also feel it is an ageing one inside anfield.

The way we sell tickets does not help, neither does the way the memberships have been allowed to be sold in such big numbers....this having to buy half a seasons worth of games at a time lark prices people out for starters, then those who can afford to stump up that money all at once then have the credits and it creates a closed shop - the local sales and local members sales help and are a good idea but it seems that system has flaws and problems....hopefully the club will continue to work with SOS et al to improve.

It does in all honesty feel like Anfield has become a place where local support has dwindled and that dwindling has accelerated in recent years and whilst it isn't as simple as the 'daytrippers have taken all the tickets' there is an issue that needs resolving in my view - and the 'blame' does not lie all with one demographic or even the club and locals are not blameless either (selling tickets etc)....

What can't be argued though whether we like it or not whether people feel it matters or not is that there is a very big perception about anfield being full of tourists, daytrippers and oot's...

I have a membership and I go about 8/9 home games a season and some cup games and i have a mate down here who wanted to take his lad to anfield as he is an lfc fan - he is london born and bred but he loves lfc...he asked me if i could box him off and i said yeah so i sorted him two tickets for the watford 6-1.

His lad loved it and i was happy to help - the tickets were in the anny rd lower and my mate remarked to me how surprised he was at the lack of scouse voices around him in the ground and generally outside before - now if people see this as a problem (i am not saying i do by way) but i have clearly 'added' to it on this occasion and i am sure there are hundreds of examples like that story every week...it is because we are a big famous global club - only last week a brazilian lad at work asked if i could box him and his mrs off (i would like to sort her out but that is another story, in my frigging dreams!) i have by letting them have my and a mate of mines tickets for the cup game against plymouth (we are in the acs)....again it all adds to what the bitters mock us for - but here is the thing if i was an evertonian i bet i would never get asked to sort people out, as it is i reckon i get asked probably every other week....

"I do think they may be winning the battle for local young support"

my teenage kids have got mates who had season tickets for years with their dads / uncles and have now gave them up cos they're fed up with them being shite. They see through the bitterness and have got better things to do now.

However, no matter how much I hate them and would love to see them get relegated I do believe these kids should go and see their local team and keep it in the family etc and encourage them to keep going but they're just not arsed. I'd say it's 70/30 minimum Reds in this city now

The point about accessibility to tickets for the younger generation is obviously a great point. My lad uses my ST more than ever as I have some health problems now, but he still goes under his own steam and finds it difficult at times despite the network around him so to speak.

I used to always be able to fix anyone up, now I don't really as I had the piss taken too often.

That said there is no reason for any good blue with the means not to gave a ST is there ?

As for the day trippers only on the odd occasion have they truly annoyed me, that said I haven't bevvied at the game for a few years so my only experience is in the ground. I just watch and go.

And to be honest a lot of the ones at the game who annoy me are Scouse.

Going to Anfield is shit these days. Songs dying a death, the good ones not even getting sung as nobody knows the lyrics, absolutely gleaming clean, no piss on the floor, people constantly filming on their fucking ishite. Like a fucking theme park. Shite.

• Upvote 4

How boring. The Anfield/Goodison divide is analogous to frequenting a Michelin star restaurant and concerning yourself that the population of the local Greggs may consider you aloof or part of a pretentious global set. Following Liverpool is authentically divine; if you're anxious what the palsied cousins across the park think, stop going.

What's wrong with Greggs ? You a Sayers man. Probably like independent bakeries ya tart !

Is the stadium actually a real thing that could happen? I've always assumed it was even more pie in the sky than if they had H&G project managing it.

It's definitely going to happen within 3 years. All they need is to sort out the design. And the planning consent. And the land. And the funding.
  • Upvote 1

Remember when those bitters made a big show of going up to Barlinnie on the day of his release, and he just fucked off at 100mph and ignored them? The mirth I had

A media posse had pursued Ferguson's limousine as far as the M6 motorway after it left Barlinnie yesterday but lost contact with the vehicle near Penrith, Cumbria.

The Daimler had swept out of the prison at 6.35am, whisking Ferguson past 30 journalists and four diehard Everton supporters who had earlier driven north from Liverpool to see him being released.

The limousine, which had tinted windows and black curtains to thwart photographers, had been parked inside the prison overnight with the driver returning to Barlinnie early yesterday to pick up the player.

Scottish Prison Service spokesman John Gerrie defended Ferguson's release procedure as a ``perfectly normal arrangement'' for any high-profile or celebrity prisoner.

The four Everton supporters set out on the 200-mile trip north at 2am yesterday.

Ferguson made football history by becoming the first professional footballer to be jailed for an on-the-field assault on a fellow player. He was sent to Barlinnie on October 11 when three appeal judges ruled the three-month sentence he received for headbutting John McStay was not excessive.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12061694.Ferguson_in_hiding_after_release/

• Upvote 1