You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

I hope they build a big fuck off stadium. I hope they improve the transport system. I hope it brings revenue and jobs to Liverpool

I hope they finish second to us in every competition.

That one's from the Director's Cut of Shawshank, unless I'm mistaken?

• Upvote 3

Everton

What’s the mood among fans? I’ve never known Everton fans so buoyant – at least not since the 1980s when we were the best team in Europe. The new owner, Farhad Moshiri, and Ronald Koeman have done wonders with the club and players, and this feels like it’s just the start of something big that will be sustained over the next few seasons. With the new stadium at Bramley Moore dock getting the go-ahead too, it’s all looking good.

Advertisement

Happy with the manager? We’re 100% behind him. A world-class player in his day and a successful manager in three countries – what a great figure to have in charge and take us to the next level. He’s straight-talking – if you are good enough and do it his way, you are fine. He has already got rid of some decent players who were not up to his standards.

Key players Idrissa Gueye and Morgan Schneiderlin are world-class – but every player Koeman has brought in has improved the team. Tom Davies and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been given their chances and taken them, while Romelu Lukaku is obviously a world-class goalscorer.

Weak links I thought Deulofeu had the skill to make it at Everton, but he obviously doesn’t have the application to match.

We will finish … 6th or 7th. Either will get us into Europe.

Predictions: Top four – Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham, Manchester United; Relegated – Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland.

– Steve Jones @bluekippercom

• Upvote 1

They were more bouyant than this during their first season under Martinez.  I like Koeman, think he was a good appointment for them and they'll probably return to being comfortably in about 7th while he's there. The boy Davies looks good.  Gueye and Schneiderlin world class?  Sure... Everton's main problem, like any team at the lower end of the food chain, is going to be keeping their best players. They won't be able to replace Lukaku if he leaves, for example. 

They were more bouyant than this during their first season under Martinez. I like Koeman, think he was a good appointment for them and they'll probably return to being comfortably in about 7th while he's there. The boy Davies looks good. Gueye and Schneiderlin world class? Sure... Everton's main problem, like any team at the lower end of the food chain, is going to be keeping their best players. They won't be able to replace Lukaku if he leaves, for example.

Wrong. They're signing Lacazette for £43m. Done deal.

Everton

What’s the mood among fans? I’ve never known Everton fans so buoyant – at least not since the 1980s when we were the best team in Europe. The new owner, Farhad Moshiri, and Ronald Koeman have done wonders with the club and players, and this feels like it’s just the start of something big that will be sustained over the next few seasons. With the new stadium at Bramley Moore dock getting the go-ahead too, it’s all looking good.

Just....

Oh, fuck it, I'm going there.  In 1985 and 1987 they were the best team in England; that's the best they can honestly claim.  As for the first half of the decade, they were demonstrably nothing like the best team in Europe - although they were close to the best - and after 1987 they were on a poo-spiral all the way to Hans Seegers' bung.

• Upvote 1

Just....

Oh, fuck it, I'm going there. In 1985 and 1987 they were the best team in England; that's the best they can honestly claim. As for the first half of the decade, they were demonstrably nothing like the best team in Europe - although they were close to the best - and after 1987 they were on a poo-spiral all the way to Hans Seegers' bung.

I'd love to know when they thought they were the best team in Europe. They keep telling us they'd have won big ears in 86, yet they managed to win fuck all domestically and watched us take the double.

I'd love to know when they thought they were the best team in Europe. They keep telling us they'd have won big ears in 86, yet they managed to win fuck all domestically and watched us take the double.

Because in their minds they would have definitely won the European Cup that year. They've even managed to come up with a route to the final and how they would have beaten Juventus and Barcelona. Only problem is Barcelona didn't win it.

Read that article in the Observer myself this morning and nearly choked with laughter when I read the 'best team in Europe' line. Something tells me Steve is around 25 years of age. 

As for the usual 'we would of won the European cup that year if it wasn't for Heysel' They couldn't even win there own domestic League and Cup the following season, which, coincidently was won by?............  Answers on a postcard to:

Mr Kendall there's a Taxi at the gate

Cushion throw lane

Somewhere in Wales

Wales

Will be interesting to see how long they can hold onto Koeman for. He's already made noises about managing Barcelona (as one would expect of one of their ex players) and I think he's been linked with arsenal when at southampton.

Although i know a few bloos who think lukaku is a 'lump' (their words), he clearly gets amongst the goal. The £28m they paid for him was clearly a good deal and I reckon they'll get upwards of £50m - 60m cash for him. Just how they spend that and who they get in to replace him is easier said than done as we well know.

Everton

Advertisement

Happy with the manager? We’re 100% behind him. A world-class player in his day and a successful manager in three countries – what a great figure to have in charge and take us to the next level. He’s straight-talking – if you are good enough and do it his way, you are fine. He has already got rid of some decent players who were not up to his standards.

Key players Idrissa Gueye and Morgan Schneiderlin are world-class – but every player Koeman has brought in has improved the team. Tom Davies and Dominic Calvert-Lewin have been given their chances and taken them, while Romelu Lukaku is obviously a world-class goalscorer.

Weak links I thought Deulofeu had the skill to make it at Everton, but he obviously doesn’t have the application to match.

Predictions: Top four – Chelsea, Manchester City, Tottenham, Manchester United; Relegated – Hull, Middlesbrough, Sunderland.

Well they Were right about heads falling off all along, because I've never laughed my head off as much as I did reading that pile of shite.

2b17c29373f2e52fb1614c20cc8725c1_gtbe-1s

• Upvote 1

In the Evertonian Shawshank, Andy Dufresne doesn't escape:

"My name's Andy"

"I'm Red"

"Red? Fuck off!"

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only an evertonian can feel, an evertonian at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope we can make it across the city. I hope to see a new stadium and new signings. I hope the Mersey is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

• Upvote 2

Because in their minds they would have definitely won the European Cup that year. They've even managed to come up with a route to the final and how they would have beaten Juventus and Barcelona. Only problem is Barcelona didn't win it.

The bit of "if Heysel hadn't happened" that they always forget is that more than likely Liverpool would have won the final and been in the competition as defending champions. Second to us in the league, second to us in the cup, could have been a treble

Everton

Advertisement

I'm only surprised he hasn't picked us for relegation.

In the Evertonian Shawshank, Andy Dufresne doesn't escape:

"My name's Andy"

"I'm Red"

"Red? Fuck off!"

Great minds, this was in relation to Stronts suggesting 'The Scottie Road Redemption'.

Featuring a wise old con who can get you whatever you need in the joint, called Blue.

• Upvote 2

They were more bouyant than this during their first season under Martinez.  I like Koeman, think he was a good appointment for them and they'll probably return to being comfortably in about 7th while he's there. The boy Davies looks good.  Gueye and Schneiderlin world class?  Sure... Everton's main problem, like any team at the lower end of the food chain, is going to be keeping their best players. They won't be able to replace Lukaku if he leaves, for example.

You could be describing us there in fairness, we're as low down the food chain as the they are these days, no great difference at all.