You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Sad news for Coleman. He's a good fullback and nobody wants to see any player get injured. Wales overachieved at the Euros and now that they are back to their usual sort of level it seems to me that a few tackles are flying in. That's how this one came across anyway, and there's no need, Feel sorry for Coleman.

As for Everton turning it into something to have a go at Liverpool about, that's small time.

What level? Ireland put 11 behind the ball in their final third every time Wales attacked. Wales' biggest problem is that teams who do that are paying them too much respect and Wales don't have a striker who can break that down.

Much like another team in red we talk about on here.

As for the tackles, Bale's was a slide in to attack a ball and Taylor's was a terrible tackle brought about by indecision. Ireland's agricultural approach in the first half, Whelan's elbow on Allen especially, wasn't exactly sporting either.

• Upvote 1

What level? Ireland put 11 behind the ball in their final third every time Wales attacked. Wales' biggest problem is that teams who do that are paying them too much respect and Wales don't have a striker who can break that down.

As for the tackles, Bale's was a slide in to attack a ball and Taylor's was a terrible tackle brought about by indecision. Ireland's agricultural approach in the first half, Whelan's elbow on Allen especially, wasn't exactly sporting either.

Cunts Ireland let me down for £360 in a win both half's acca.

That's a seriously Welsh point of view. And frankly ridiculous on this occasion.

Ireland are rubbish, Championship quality. And Whelan is a donkey who got away with a clear yellow. Notwithstanding Allen's overreaction.

But Bale was lucky he didn't do damage to O'Shea and get sent off. And Taylor's challenge was utterly inexcusable. In any circumstances.

That's a seriously Welsh point of view. And frankly ridiculous on this occasion.

Ireland are rubbish, Championship quality. And Whelan is a donkey who got away with a clear yellow. Notwithstanding Allen's overreaction.

But Bale was lucky he didn't do damage to O'Shea and get sent off. And Taylor's challenge was utterly inexcusable. In any circumstances.

That's a seriously Irish point of view.

I didn't excuse Taylor's tackle. Bale slid in to attack the ball at the near post and caught O'Shea.

That's a seriously Irish point of view.

I didn't excuse Taylor's tackle. Bale slid in to attack the ball at the near post and caught O'Shea.

You did attempt to excuse Taylor's tackle. Quite clearly so. By "contextualising" it in very spurious fashion. In terms of Irish tactics and a pretty insignificant example of the same.

You did attempt to excuse Taylor's tackle. Quite clearly so. By "contextualising" it in very spurious fashion. In terms of Irish tactics and a pretty insignificant example of the same.

Nope. Ireland's approach was robust and unnecessary in the first half; there's no getting away from that. That doesn't excuse that Taylor made a challenge he should never have done. Was it malicious? No, not for me. Was it stupid and dangerous? Yes. 

On Bale: orange card territory, I think. Could have gone either way and I wasn't surprised or especially angered that it produced a yellow. Bale did escape a subsequent yellow for a high challenge, did he not? So, he might have been a little lucky overall. And I'd surely be carping about it, had his brilliant near-goal gone in...

Nope. Ireland's approach was robust and unnecessary in the first half; there's no getting away from that. That doesn't excuse that Taylor made a challenge he should never have done. Was it malicious? No, not for me. Was it stupid and dangerous? Yes.

Whelan and Long should both have been booked in the first half. That's it. Meyler was deservedly booked in the second half. None of that - pretty much what you'd witness at any league match in Britain - is of the remotest relevance to Taylor's challenge.

Well they never were really interested in winning until Wales were down to 10 men and even then they didn't go all out for it. I feel like football has left O'Neill behind.

This though adds insult to injury because I had Wales in another acca and then one of the Cunts gets his leg broken and gets a Wales player sent off and then try to win.

Wales where the only team in my other acca to let me down albeit even though it was a sixfold I would have only won £15.

Just seen it and its a fucking shocking tackle. Looked like Colemans studs got caught which will have stopped his leg naturally moving hence the break. Fucking horrible welsh cunt. And whats Bale talking like they are fucking world champions all of a sudden. England beat them FFS. 

Bales challenge was knee high. Don't think either team covered themselves in glory last night. Ireland were looking to get something from a set piece although not sure what they expected with the state of what Whelan was putting in. Wales were looking for a moment of magic from bale. So they had probably 9 behind the ball to Ireland's 10.

Bale didn't slide in. That insinuates he was at ground level. He dived in, studs showing, at above ankle height. It is an awful tackle.

What level?

Just to be clear, I'm not having a go at Wales, but their usual level is failing to qualify for the finals of tournaments. At the Euros Wales did really well, while a tame and rubbish England side couldn't even beat an Iceland team full of journeymen and part timers.

I'm not sure that Wales qualifying for finals and making an impression and getting to the knockout stages is the new normal, that's all I meant. Their usual level, historically, has been to not qualify.

Bale is World class and if teams don't pack men behind the ball against him he will have them for breakfast.

Goodness, Mum was a blue but she'd be spinning like a top at some of the shite the shite come out with nowadays. "The old lady"? The fuck does that work then? They arent the oldest club in England, neither are they the oldest professional club in England so what makes them think they are somehow like Juventus?

And what's all this "Royal blue Mersey"? Fucking hell, we all associate with the river but it is anything but "blue" in colour never mind royal blue.

Goodness, Mum was a blue but she'd be spinning like a top at some of the shite the shite come out with nowadays. "The old lady"? The fuck does that work then? They arent the oldest club in England, neither are they the oldest professional club in England so what makes them think they are somehow like Juventus?

And what's all this "Royal blue Mersey"? Fucking hell, we all associate with the river but it is anything but "blue" in colour never mind royal blue.

The colour of the river matches the colour of what comes out of their mouth and what they have for brains.

• Upvote 1

Facebook has turned up some gold over the last day or two.

I stumbled on my blue cousin yesterday arguing with some African blokes over Lukaku and they were calling my cousin, amongst other things, a retard and a mentally unstable white boy.

A stupid transfer story about us being in for Lacazette for £60m popped up on my news feed and there was a mates brother on there saying that he's signing for Everton for £43m. Done deal apparently.