You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, JagSquared said:

If they survived this season, Starting next season with a points deduction and transfer ban would provide a hell of a lot of content for this thread. It would be less cruel to just end it for them now and hit them with a points deduction this season.

There may be lots of shortages in today's world, Jag, but we possess cruelty in abundance. It would be a shame not to use this valuable  resource on the Ev.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

And so the veiled threats have started. They’re talking about Bournemouth here.

BlueInNZ

Player Valuation: £8m
True that, but they won't fancy having to get off that pitch if they send us down.
True, and IMO one of the reasons Wimbledon went missing the last 30 mins of that game.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

And so the veiled threats have started. They’re talking about Bournemouth here.

BlueInNZ

Player Valuation: £8m
True that, but they won't fancy having to get off that pitch if they send us down.
True, and IMO one of the reasons Wimbledon went missing the last 30 mins of that game.

Did Wimbledon go missing or did Hans Segers just throw a couple of goals into his net?

• Upvote 2

Surely they will be warned by the PL that there will be severe consequences if they invade the pitch after what happened against Palace last year with players and Vieira attacked by their thug element. I’d be leaking to the press threats of points deductions for this and next season if anything happens. Just say this applies to all clubs, at both the bottom and top of the league, as City disgraced themselves as well.

10 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Didn't Rushie get 49 in the 84 season? 

Edit: 47 according to the internet 

The internet is wrong.  It was 49.

The penalty in the Roma final was 50.

(Yeah I know, but we watched it as a gang on teenagers and we logged it as his 50th).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bourbon said:

That’s the very same Premier League they were instrumental in setting up at the turn of the 90’s when they thought they’d monopolise the British game for decades to come. 

The mad twats.

IMG_0289.jpeg

Haha.  This is all the "threat to Dixie" stuff.

My dad said to me the other day, "They don't compare.  This fella (Haaland) is like a machine.  Dixie Dean was a nice bloke but he scored half of his goals before the offside rule was introduced.  He'd stand talking to the keeper then kick it in from 3 yards when the ball went near."

I know this isn't actually correct, but if anyone wants to use it to goad any Blues, they are most welcome to use it.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, razor said:

(Yeah I know, but we watched it as a gang on teenagers and we logged it as his 50th).

That's what I thought! 

36 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They love a pitch invasion and won't be able to help themselves. Even if they are already safe before that game they'll invade the pitch as it will be a sense of relief for them or they'll say it's a protest against the board. 

Any excuse to dust off the lucky Lonsdale pitch invaders.

30 minutes ago, razor said:

15 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

That's what I thought! 

It was 47- https://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Goalscorers/25

He also scored a couple of goals for Wales that season, and of course the penalty in the final, so I guess that's where the 50 comes from.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, razor said:

Haha.  This is all the "threat to Dixie" stuff.

My dad said to me the other day, "They don't compare.  This fella (Haaland) is like a machine.  Dixie Dean was a nice bloke but he scored half of his goals before the offside rule was introduced.  He'd stand talking to the keeper then kick it in from 3 yards when the ball went near."

I know this isn't actually correct, but if anyone wants to use it to goad any Blues, they are most welcome to use it.

I used "All the defenders still had PTSD from World War 1"

That annoys them.

When Suarez was on 50 odd goals for Barcelona a few years back even Everton put out a Dixie Dean tweet.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

5 Live phone in about relegation. Everton fan on to discuss it. Ignores relegation and goes on about all LFC fans are out of towners and 60% of the city support Everton. Bonkers.

Whenever I visit Liverpool to meet up with mates, any football shirts I see are always red.  

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

5 Live phone in about relegation. Everton fan on to discuss it. Ignores relegation and goes on about all LFC fans are out of towners and 60% of the city support Everton. Bonkers.

Sarah, the woman who made this claim, has now accepted the truth of statistics suggesting Liverpool fans outnumber their city rivals by 2/1. She then said she based her claim on what 'cabbies' have told her. Hack facts or private hire liar, all solid sources.

10 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

She just had her arse handed to her when the BBC fact-checked the claim and debunked it using a poll done by Everton (!) for their stadium planning application, which said that Liverpool fans outnumber the Bitters two to one. 

I think even that's being generous to them.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Whenever I visit Liverpool to meet up with mates, any football shirts I see are always red.  

There are loads of blues and we have a load of out of town fans no doubt. That is because we are are successful global club and they are shit and provincial. Don't see that as something to boast about.

10 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Yeah I was listening to that. They fact checked t against the data in Everton’s own planning app, which stated 50% red, 25% blue, so 2 to 1.

presumably the missing 25% aren’t arsed.

her answer was gold though, my sample was taxi drivers I meet and family.

Bat shit all of them  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1