You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

The Daily Mail are reporting that Manchester United are in for Yann M'Vila of Rennes, a player that we have previously been linked with. I have only seen him play once for France against England at Wembley and he looked very impressive. If he is out of reach then I quite like Moussa Sissoko of Toulouse who looks a very good box to box midfielder.

Sir Alex Ferguson eyes £15m move for Yann M'Vila | Mail Online

Man Utd can definitely do with a bit of muscle in CM, so a move like that won't come as a surprise. First time I saw him was against England too and he did look impressive - good positioning, simple passing and provided a good shield. He's unspectacular, but accomplished. Seems in the Makelele mold. He'd be an asset whoever gets him.

On Moussa Sissoko, it was promising to hear from him that we'd already tried to sign him.

It'd be good to have a bit of bite and aggression back in CM.

With how big an asset John Barnes was (I know talent like that are hard to come by) and the success Kenny had with wingers at Blackburn, I'm really hoping that he pursues a couple of wingers in the summer. If he plays 4-3-3, ideally it would be nice to have a wide man with pace like Hazard/Sanchez/Young as a starter and a Charles Nzogbia or Matt Jarvis for the squad and if he changes formation; combined with a young up and coming winger like Antoine Griezmann or Xherdan Shaqiri. This would give us a lot of options on the flanks, without breaking the bank, and, hopefully, as would be the case otherwise with bigger names, upsetting too many people who would expect to start all the time.

With how big an asset John Barnes was (I know talent like that are hard to come by) and the success Kenny had with wingers at Blackburn, I'm really hoping that he pursues a couple of wingers in the summer. If he plays 4-3-3, ideally it would be nice to have a wide man with pace like Hazard/Sanchez/Young as a starter and a Charles Nzogbia or Matt Jarvis for the squad and if he changes formation; combined with a young up and coming winger like Antoine Griezmann or Xherdan Shaqiri. This would give us a lot of options on the flanks, without breaking the bank, and, hopefully, as would be the case otherwise with bigger names, upsetting too many people who would expect to start all the time.

4-3-3 seems to be the in vogue formation at the moment, and if we bring in a player like Ashley Young/Eden Hazard then I can see us using that formation with Suarez, Carroll and Young/Hazard as the attacking trio with Gerrard dropping deeper into midfield alongside Meireles/Sissoko and perhaps Charlie Adam.

The Daily Mail are reporting that Manchester United are in for Yann M'Vila of Rennes, a player that we have previously been linked with. I have only seen him play once for France against England at Wembley and he looked very impressive. If he is out of reach then I quite like Moussa Sissoko of Toulouse who looks a very good box to box midfielder.

Sir Alex Ferguson eyes £15m move for Yann M'Vila | Mail Online

Every man and his dog knows United need a new CM player. Possibly two. Baconface knows it too, and will buy at least one in summer.

I'm surprised he gave Carrick a new deal, though.

Every man and his dog knows United need a new CM player. Possibly two. Baconface knows it too, and will buy at least one in summer.

I'm stunned he gave him a new deal.

£20m Carrick

£20m Hargreaves

? How much Bebe

? How much Obertan

He just bought Rodwell for 25m, didn't he?

I can't believe Carrick has been allowed to carry the other players' water, let alone get a new deal...

but hey! I'm happy that they've got shit like Anderson and Carrick in the middle.

Every man and his dog knows United need a new CM player. Possibly two.

Can't see them buying anyone myself. They've just given Carrick, Anderson & Fletcher new contracts, plus they've offered Scholes a 1 year contract extension.

Similar to our summer of 2009, where we signed our important players up to new contracts but didn't really buy anyone to improve the squad.

Rodwell's been trying to blag that prozzy who Rooney was knocking off.

I don't understand why he went through any effort with sending pictures and shit. The only texts I'd be sending her would be along the lines of "How much?" Fuck putting effort in.

Can't see them buying anyone myself. They've just given Carrick, Anderson & Fletcher new contracts, plus they've offered Scholes a 1 year contract extension.

Similar to our summer of 2009, where we signed our important players up to new contracts but didn't really buy anyone to improve the squad.

Hmmm, but in this case I don't really think many United fans will be too overjoyed at Carrick, Anderson and to some extent Fletcher or Scholes being too close to the first team next season.

I'll be shocked if they don't bring in a top CM in the summer. Delighted if they don't, obviously.

Rodwell's been trying to blag that prozzy who Rooney was knocking off.

I don't understand why he went through any effort with sending pictures and shit. The only texts I'd be sending her would be along the lines of "How much?" Fuck putting effort in.

Surely he could do better than that anyaway? And for free. I've had better and I'm not a footballer or rich.

Gotta love Ginsoak's transfer dealings!

17m for Anderson

20m for Carrick

20m for Hargreaves

5m-ish (if I remember correctly) for Obertan

8m for Bebe

31m for Berbaflop

Obertan was less than that. Think he was like £3m or something around that.

Hargreaves was never worth £20m even when he was fit, but he was a really really good player and would have been a real asset. I don't think anyone would have been calling him a flop if he wasn't a total crock.

Marveaux denies Anfield talk | Sky Sports | Football | Ligue 1 | News

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has moved to deny reports linking him with a pre-contract agreement ahead of a summer move to Liverpool.

Reports in the British press on Sunday indicated that the former France U21 international was set to make a switch to Merseyside in the summer.

Yet speaking on Monday Marveaux, who is out of contract at the end of the season, denied making any comments about a move to Anfield.

Currently recovering from groin surgery, the Frenchman insisted he is looking to return to Ligue 1 action in a bid to help Rennes win the title before committing his future to any club.

Goal

"I never spoke to any English journalist and I do not understand why they wrote it," the 24-year-old told L'Equipe.

"Today I still have not decided which club I will play for next season.

"I will soon be going to Clairefontaine to continue my rehab and when I have made my choice I will announce it.

"Contrary to what some have said I hope to play again with Rennes before the end of the season.

"If all goes to plan I should be able to resume training and play in April or May. Returning with Rennes before the end of the season my goal."

Marveaux denies Anfield talk | Sky Sports | Football | Ligue 1 | News

Rennes midfielder Sylvain Marveaux has moved to deny reports linking him with a pre-contract agreement ahead of a summer move to Liverpool.

Reports in the British press on Sunday indicated that the former France U21 international was set to make a switch to Merseyside in the summer.

Yet speaking on Monday Marveaux, who is out of contract at the end of the season, denied making any comments about a move to Anfield.

Currently recovering from groin surgery, the Frenchman insisted he is looking to return to Ligue 1 action in a bid to help Rennes win the title before committing his future to any club.

Goal

"I never spoke to any English journalist and I do not understand why they wrote it," the 24-year-old told L'Equipe.

"Today I still have not decided which club I will play for next season.

"I will soon be going to Clairefontaine to continue my rehab and when I have made my choice I will announce it.

"Contrary to what some have said I hope to play again with Rennes before the end of the season.

"If all goes to plan I should be able to resume training and play in April or May. Returning with Rennes before the end of the season my goal."

I wonder if the comments made by his chairman about him not playing in a Rennes shirt again were true now.