You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Can I just again say a big thanks to Christian Purslow.

Yeah how that cunt can even get into L4 amazes me. Its still dissing SOS..

Throughout these yrs, the investment from the ultimate source- the fans, has been constant. Yet the squad is still a shadow of its former self. Why all this bullshit about "it'll take years to rebuild", and "we must be economical with our ( read "the fans") money".

Its bullshit. Tom and George, or Tom and John, whatever. Why the fuck should we spend 40, 80, 100 Pounds per match if the cash is going to Mystery Land?

Guest ShoePiss
Christ, are people comparing Suarez to FERNANDO TORRES? No. Just no.

No one in this thread has said Suarez is worth anything close to Torres or said he's as good a player as Torres.

No one in this thread has said Suarez is worth anything close to Torres or said he's as good a player as Torres.

I think what she meant is that one of the Newspapers had said Liverpool should sell Torres and replace with Suarez, Adam and another forward... Dont think she meant people on here.

It is pritty worrying though 'if' this clause does exsist and his head turns slightly as we have not brought any much needed help in.

It could happen.

If they now come back with say £50m then its his choice, im sure hes sick of promises and wants to see some real action being taken...

Maybe though this could help us. If the owners dont want to lose him they might finaly up the bids for Suarez and Adam or at least show that they are doing something in the market.

Im not saying place stupid bids of £30m etc but £12.5m was a piss take for suarez.

I'd be more concerned if they meet the buyout this weekend, at least the summer gives the owners 6 months to show some ambition

Think this buyout clause is just bollocks the press have made up, we don't have buyout clauses in the Premier league, if it does exist (which i doubt) it will only apply to leagues outside of the UK.

not first hand knowledge just going on the word of a number of journalists, one of whom, Tony Barrett, I have the highest respect for

obviously, I hope its shite but fear its not

I've heard it as well mate, like you, Barrett is one of the journalists I have a modicum of respect for. But he has been wrong in the past, very wrong in fact.

The journalistic network isn't that different from a mother's meeting. It only takes one to assume something/make something up/get fed misinformation, and before you know it, all the journalists have the same info and it becomes gospel.

Torres may well have a clause in his contract and Barrett may well be right, but I'm personally sceptical of any inside info.

On the other hand I might be trying to convince myself.

Deadline-Day-Logo-Simple-800_1858381.jpg

It is my understanding that if - and, so far, I must stress it is still an 'if' - Roman Abramovich was to make an offer to buy ALL of Liverpool's squad, except Lucas Leiva, and Liverpool were to accept that offer, we would have an absolutely SENSATIONAL transfer story to tell you. It's that big! All I can add at this stage is: watch this space. I'll be repeating this incredibly exciting story, with a few extra words, at 11.45, shortly after a long chat with ex-pros you don't know at the Garstang Pro-Celebrity Golf Challenge Tournament!