You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tony Barrett of The Times on why it's time to make a stand against the owners

Coro

Has anyone approached that fat headed tit off MOTD 2? The one who goes around different grounds interviewing grannies who've had a season ticket for 70 years.

For the next protest would be an idea to get him to follow it for the day and the coverage would hit all the OOT's and be available in the i player.

I know he's a tit but we need to use anyone (bar the obvious) to get rid of the cunts.

They probably won't be able to interview anyone during the game but the beeb would already have their cameras at the ground so can film any protest whether the club like it or not. They can then use this footage with filming before and after the game.

Would kop faithfull be interested in pursuing this?

Dear Fat headed tit......

Assume he films on a Saturday, so when's our next one?

Was always a one with the Scouse 'jokes' as a 'comedian' so not sure where the sympathy would lie.

If it's the same tit you mean.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool sinking towards meltdown as fans vent fury

Steven Gerrard celebrated his equaliser against Sunderland at Anfield yesterday with almost the same passion he had shown when he scored a crucial Champions League goal six years ago.

By DION FANNING at Anfield

Sunday September 26 2010

The corporate man at Anfield -- and there are a lot of them these days -- was getting worked up at half-time. He grabbed a minion on the stairs in the Main Stand.

"Of all the days to be showing a great game of Benitez's, today is not the f***ing time." Sky were showing Liverpool's Champions League victory against Olympiakos which started Liverpool's improbable journey to Istanbul and this was not a day for a history lesson.

When Steven Gerrard celebrated his equaliser against Sunderland at Anfield yesterday, he did so with almost the same passion he had shown when he scored the crucial goal that put Liverpool into the knock-out stages six years ago. Liverpool's priorities have changed.

Liverpool have one win in six Premier League games this season but that is not their crisis. Exiting the Carling Cup at home to Northampton is not their crisis either. Roy Hodgson might have been going too far when he said afterwards that "I cannot see the drama" of that defeat but, equally, winning the Carling Cup and the FA Cup wouldn't solve Liverpool's problems.

At the end of the game, the PA announcer at Anfield announced that the club was aware that "supporters were planning to peacefully demonstrate in respect of the ownership situation" and asked the crowd not to behave in an uncontrolled manner. This was astonishing: the club were sanctioning a protest against the owners of the club.

In the corporate boxes and in the stand they chanted and turned to the Kop where thousands remained and sang, "They just care about money, they don't care about the fans, Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands."

The Liverpool players, on the field to warm down, did not know what to do. They had dropped more points and they were in the middle of a club sinking in every possible way. Carragher and Gerrard applauded the Kop as they jogged by but they were entitled to be confused.

In the city centre yesterday morning, the supporters' group, Spirit of Shankly, met to discuss their options as Liverpool teeter on the brink. They will protest but also they will look for fan ownership in the club.

Within weeks, Liverpool could be owned by the British taxpayer, in the form of the Royal Bank of Scotland, and they may also enter administration and face a nine-point penalty, which would leave them on minus points. Most Liverpool fans would probably prefer that option to the continued involvement of Hicks and Gillett.

They are said to be exploring ways of avoiding that penalty which would surely lead to a legal challenge from Liverpool's rivals. At the moment, that challenge is more likely to come from a relegation candidate than a Champions League side.

Liverpool are now astonishing for many reasons, few of them good. The club that has won the European Cup five times is now weeks away from meltdown. The destruction of England's most successful club is not Hodgson's fault. But he is not the man to create the illusion on the field that it's not happening.

Benitez's achievement in keeping Liverpool competitive while Hicks and Gillett destroyed the club for all but his final season is now looking even more remarkable as things enter a vital endgame.

Sunderland were the better team yesterday. Until he scored, Gerrard had been just another anonymous player for Liverpool, out-thought and out-played by Jordan Henderson

Liverpool's opening goal was bizarre. Sunderland's Michael Turner rolled the ball back to his goalkeeper Simon Mignolet, intending that he would take a free-kick. Instead he had already taken it. Torres took the ball and set up Dirk Kuyt. Sunderland came back when the dreadful Christian Poulsen handled the ball and then took the lead before Gerrard's equaliser.

"We're not playing like a fourth or fifth place side at the moment," Hodgson conceded. He then pointed to the strange results across the league as some justification for what had happened yesterday at Anfield. The problem is there was nothing strange about Liverpool's result.

- DION FANNING at Anfield

Has anyone approached that fat headed tit off MOTD 2? The one who goes around different grounds interviewing grannies who've had a season ticket for 70 years.

For the next protest would be an idea to get him to follow it for the day and the coverage would hit all the OOT's and be available in the i player.

I know he's a tit but we need to use anyone (bar the obvious) to get rid of the cunts.

They probably won't be able to interview anyone during the game but the beeb would already have their cameras at the ground so can film any protest whether the club like it or not. They can then use this footage with filming before and after the game.

Would kop faithfull be interested in pursuing this?

This is a quality idea. Have you pm'ed Stevie?

Top quality article that. I think Tony is right that the removal of Rafa has focused minds solely on the owners : not only is there the realisation that, actually, removing Rafa didn't in any way remove the core problem at the club, which no manager can possibly alleviate in full; but also many of those who staunchly backed Rafa were unwilling to rock the boat or thought that with him at the helm, somehow everything would work out and we'd remain competitive. I think all sides realise that isn't the case now, so we are united as a fan-base.

It makes one realise on reading that (or indeed the exposees in the NOTW in recent weeks by Chris Bascombe) is that the Echo hasn't been able to benefit from their journalism in the campiagn against the Yanks. I think it's fair to say that the last two Liverpool correspondents would have been far more active, and produced far more cutting pieces in the Echo than the current one, for any number of reasons.

Can you stop dribbling this shit, as I pointed out on another thread where you spouted the same shite, a lot of ardent Rafa fans were trying to focus on the owners not the manager. Whilst people were up in arms over the jaffa cakes, cutting slack, or whatever shite was being printed in the sunday sun every week... those in support of the manager were indicating it was the owners who had to be taken care of, get them the fuck out of the club, then worry about the manager.... unfortunately too many were acting like nobheads with "Oh I got told about the manager down the pub.... I'm on the inside track with what fatty has been up to etc" basically the fucking behaviour of the saddest blues.

Go and read those who supported the manager and were fighting that a change of ownership was most important, good posters such as Real red, Ulyesess EM etc, and stop it with the revisionist bollocks that somehow makes you feel a bit better about getting rid of the last manager.

Back Hodgson to the hilt, because he has no fucking chance while the twats at the top have the club, but at least keep the focus on them and not the manager.

Can you stop dribbling this shit, as I pointed out on another thread where you spouted the same shite, a lot of ardent Rafa fans were trying to focus on the owners not the manager. Whilst people were up in arms over the jaffa cakes, cutting slack, or whatever shite was being printed in the sunday sun every week... those in support of the manager were indicating it was the owners who had to be taken care of, get them the fuck out of the club, then worry about the manager.... unfortunately too many were acting like nobheads with "Oh I got told about the manager down the pub.... I'm on the inside track with what fatty has been up to etc" basically the fucking behaviour of the saddest blues.

Go and read those who supported the manager and were fighting that a change of ownership was most important, good posters such as Real red, Ulyesess EM etc, and stop it with the revisionist bollocks that somehow makes you feel a bit better about getting rid of the last manager.

Back Hodgson to the hilt, because he has no fucking chance while the twats at the top have the club, but at least keep the focus on them and not the manager.

Nail on the head.

When Steven Gerrard celebrated his equaliser against Sunderland at Anfield yesterday, he did so with almost the same passion he had shown when he scored the crucial goal that put Liverpool into the knock-out stages six years ago. Liverpool's priorities have changed.

- DION FANNING at Anfield

How slyarse is that?

Because God forbid that the Liverpool captain should celebrate a goal in a game that was getting away from us. He's certainly never done that before...

A cynic might suggest the Olympiakos episode was journalist license, were it not an indisputable fact that only Liverpool hating hacks make stuff up for their own agenda purposes.

Of course you'd never see a Liverpool team under Rafa celebrating a poxy equaliser when we'd gone from 1-0 up to 2-1 down at Anfield, would you Dion? No sir.

And you'd never get a Rafa-wanker pretending last season never happened either, otherwise he'd be mentioning

Liverpool 2 Birmingham 2

Liverpool 2 Man City 2

And he certainly wouldn't be forgetting the games where we didn't even get an equaliser

Liverpool 1 Lyon 2

Liverpool 1 Fiorentina 2

Liverpool 1 Arsenal 2

Liverpool 1 Reading 2

And for memory purposes all so neatly packed together in a 3 month period, during which Steven Gerrard certainly didn't celebrate scoring a goal against 10-man Wolves or an equaliser against Reading.

I know I know, he's gone get over it.

But the tedious, cretinous cunts who think all would be well if only the saintly one had remained are only just getting warmed up, and it's fucking pathetic.

Fanning is decent writer normally, but he's certainly lost it a bit recently with the any excuse harking back to Rafa, and it does him no favours at all.

He really does need to get over it and focus on the issues at hand.

Not sure there are too many other tedious cunts who think all would be well if HGGOI was still though goatboy, although no doubt if I hang around for a bit you'll be swift to point them out...

It's going to be that way for a bit though Coro. Some people see the sacking of Benitez and appointment of Hodgson as symptoms of the shoddy way the club has been run, 8 million quid to downgrade to a yes man while we've got no money to spend, etc. and will bang on about it. Dion Fanning is one of those.

If that argument keeps getting made then those who thought it was right to get shot of Rafa, or that the damning of Hodgson is unfair will argue against those points.

All while the real issue of the ownership and the rape and pillage of the club gets clouded in painting people as anti-Rafa, pro-Rafa or anti-Hodgson.

Not sure there are too many pro-Hodgsons, they're just anti-Rafa's still in the post sacking high...

What bollocks.

More like pro-Rafa's in "see? see? see?" mode which they've done for every little thing that's gone wrong, in the bewildering belief that all would be well had they got their own way.

And also keep pointing at the Serie A table as if that meant anything...

He wasn't hanging round for this. Hate Purslow all you want, but "mutual consent" is bang on the money.

'We' didn't wilfully downgrade. 'We' accepted the inevitable that he was leaving.

Maybe you all should too?

Still, Kenny will be in soon and all will be well eh?

You're bang on Jose, it's understandable but nonetheless frustrating.

Couple that post of yours there with your post in the Purslow/Broughton thread and you've brought a fair deal of clarity to what is a very tired morning for me.

Not sure whether i've dreamt this just now or is there some sort of planned action of protest today outside Anfield?

What bollocks.

More like pro-Rafa's in "see? see? see?" mode which they've done for every little thing that's gone wrong, in the bewildering belief that all would be well had they got their own way.

And also keep pointing at the Serie A table as if that meant anything...

He wasn't hanging round for this. Hate Purslow all you want, but "mutual consent" is bang on the money.

'We' didn't wilfully downgrade. 'We' accepted the inevitable that he was leaving.

Maybe you all should too?

Still, Kenny will be in soon and all will be well eh?

Yeah, there may be a bit of that with some people for sure, particularly with point scoring on the forum. There have been a few "you were acting like a twat towards Rafa so you can't compain if I act like a twat towards Roy" posts. Not from the majority though and Fanning is the only journo I've seen indulging in it thus far.

Considering we've had a completely shit start to the season it would be fairly understandable for people to over-react a bit no?

A LOT of that if you ask me.

Tony Evans was a twat the day after Hodgson got the job, so was Fanning.

Rafa's agent once mentioned the China bid was dependent upon retaining Benitez, and sure enough guess which bunch of suckers fell for all that? These things aren't coincidences.

Every manager after Dalglish has started poorly. People wouldn't get the job if things weren't bad to begin with, and that applies to Rafa's successor no matter how many want to bitch and moan.

Personally I think Hodgson is dead meat on a hook, but I'd like to see a little fairness applied and have it proven first.

A LOT of that if you ask me.

Tony Evans was a twat the day after Hodgson got the job, so was Fanning.

Rafa's agent once mentioned the China bid was dependent upon retaining Benitez, and sure enough guess which bunch of suckers fell for all that? These things aren't coincidences.

Every manager after Dalglish has started poorly. People wouldn't get the job if things weren't bad to begin with, and that applies to Rafa's successor no matter how many want to bitch and moan.

Personally I think Hodgson is dead meat on a hook, but I'd like to see a little fairness applied and have it proven first.

Cool, I agree with most of that.

Mind you, you do have a hyper sensitive journalist spin bollockometer though which makes you a little bit overly jumpy about some of this I reckon.

I haven't slept, what do you expect!

But comparing a goal celebration in one of our most famous matches ever with one in a humdrum home draw is a shithouse trick even by his woeful standards.

It was a bit of a crappy celebration though at that point in the game wasn’t it?

Should have gone for the “pretending he’s just caught a fish” one.

Apparently Torres had been practicing the fish part which is why he looked a bit pissed off when Stevie went into the knee slide routine.

It was a bit of a crappy celebration though at that point in the game wasn’t it?

Should have gone for the “pretending he’s just caught a fish” one.

Apparently Torres had been practicing the fish part which is why he looked a bit pissed off when Stevie went into the knee slide routine.

I think the performance was so poor that the goal came as a complete shock, which in itself is troubling certainly.

Shows we're not confident if these things aren't rehearsed!

It's going to be that way for a bit though Coro. Some people see the sacking of Benitez and appointment of Hodgson as symptoms of the shoddy way the club has been run, 8 million quid to downgrade to a yes man while we've got no money to spend, etc. and will bang on about it. Dion Fanning is one of those.

If that argument keeps getting made then those who thought it was right to get shot of Rafa, or that the damning of Hodgson is unfair will argue against those points.

All while the real issue of the ownership and the rape and pillage of the club gets clouded in painting people as anti-Rafa, pro-Rafa or anti-Hodgson.

Not sure there are too many pro-Hodgsons, they're just anti-Rafa's still in the post sacking high...

On a similar note, Jose, some people who argued against Hodgson's appointment from the outset on the grounds that he was not up to the job and who've criticised his tactics on merit, are told by some on the other side of the divide that they are doing it because they supported Rafa. Which, of course, gets others backs-up. It's a vicious circle.

Evans started in February, so not that funny really.

From his first August start he was good. However, he'd had four months in the job, a whole summer to work on fitness and tactics with an entirely injury free squad that didn't go to the World Cup.

Same for Houllier in 1999/2000, and even then he didn't begin that well.

I'm assuming fairness in these matters stretches for longer than six games. Maybe I'm wrong, or others are tetchier when it suits them to be so. Maybe they're bored with being super-patient and incredibly understanding...