You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ynwa20

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm ashamed to say I had zero faith in that team but they were magnificent to get through a game like that in that kind of atmosphere. Well done!

Indeed. I wasn't confident at all and when they scored the early goal, it was SHIT.

The longer it stayed at 1-0 I got more confident as they will eventually get more and more nervous.

We need to start Patches more often in this cup.

Still - desperate stuff all round.

Lucas was just a fuckin ghost tonight.

Very good hard work by Kuyt, even with all the talk of a move away shows him up to be 20 times the man Masch is. For that he gets total respect.

Agree with the last comment, though I would expect a professional footballer to...you know...play for the team he is under contract to.

Having said that, he put in a shift tonight, fair play to him.

Indeed. I wasn't confident at all and when they scored the early goal, it was SHIT.

The longer it stayed at 1-0 I got more confident as they will eventually get more and more nervous.

We need to start Patches more often in this cup.

Definently, the lad can play. We need to be giving him game time. Alot of subs come on and hide from the game, he was dying to get involved. Great to see.

Bout time Glen - fuckin good run at last and proper link up tween him and Kuyt.

was that an OG ??

What is the reason for the Glen enigma, able to do things well but so often fucks it up. Is it his private life, or too much Playstation, or has he always been like this?

I am very worried that Joe Cole is another ex-Chelski player who will prove an enigma..

On the game:

First half dreadful.

Thought the second half was much better in difficult surroundings. Turkish fans are magnificant and it cannot be easy playing there with the pitch as it was.

Some plus points: Great character from what was essentially a mixed side, I thought Poulsen looked okay 2nd half, give or take some awful passing on a couple of occasions, N'gog will never be great but he is a trier and pops up at the right time in the right place, Cole got through a match without doing anything daft, Kuyt now apparently staying, confidence builder.

Win on Sunday and it wont look so bad...for now.

All in all, well in Reds.

What is the reason for the Glen enigma, able to do things well but so often fucks it up. Is it his private life, or too much Playstation, or has he always been like this?

I am very worried that Joe Cole is another ex-Chelski player who will prove an enigma..

I think if we tried giving him a go on the right wing in games like this you'd see him do alot better. His strengths are obviously going forward, he has pace,skill and can beat a man. He causes all sorts of the problems for the opposition when he attacks.

If we were a club with money I'd bet we'd see a new right back being brought in and Glen tried at right wing from time to time. But unfortunately we're not.

I think if we tried giving him a go on the right wing in games like this you'd see him do alot better. His strengths are obviously going forward, he has pace,skill and can beat a man. He causes all sorts of the problems for the opposition when he attacks.

Seconded.

Stick him on the wing and keep Kelly behind him. It's got to be worth a try.

Guest Captain Jonjo

So did pacheco change the game when he came on? (didnt watch the match).

I wanna see jonjo get a start too. Can't be any worse then poor excuse of footballers we currently have starting.

What the fuck are you talking about?

So did pacheco change the game when he came on? (didnt watch the match).

I wanna see jonjo get a start too. Can't be any worse then poor excuse of footballers we currently have starting.

If you don't even bother to watch the match then how can you tell?

:whatever:

Guest Captain Jonjo
If you don't even bother to watch the match then how can you tell?

:whatever:

huh?

I asked a question, not state a fact.

Was asking whether he changed the game cos some people are praising him, and i was following the scores on bbc and noticed after he came on, liverpool scored and won.

Well done to the lad, sounds like he did well.

he did more in 15 mins than aurelio did the entire game.

To be fair phil mitchell at right back was fucked by the time Pacheco came on and couldn't get near him or babel. Don't really think the performance matters that much in games like these as long as we get the right result. Shit pitch with some key men out so got to be happy overall. The only thing that does concern me slightly is how we set up when we don't have the ball. Think we drop off far to much and would prefer to see us trying to win the ball back a bit higher up the pitch.

If we were a club with money I'd bet we'd see a new right back being brought in and Glen tried at right wing from time to time. But unfortunately we're not.

Normally I couldn't give a toss what hairstyles a player tries, but every match this season he's been fiddling trying to get his stupid hair back under his band and it's exasperating because it's symbolic of his lack of proper focus. He seems almost daydreaming at times. Maybe as you suggest, like Bale at Spurs, he just needs shifting further forward to find his real form, but at the moment I'd rather see Kelly at right back.

Decent effort I thought & got better as it went along but the worry is that we show no creativity whatsoever & I am always amazed when we actually score.

Massive week in the lead up to the transfer window shopping.

While he was nothing special in possession, I liked the way Poulsen positioned himself on the pitch & hopefully he will be useful to us when he is up to full speed.

I think we need to go 4141 in alot of matches against the poorer Premiership opposition & I am hoping Poulsen can do the '1' in front of the back four.

Reina

Glen Carra Agger Konchesky

Poulsen

Maxi Gerrard Cole Milan

Torres

Squad Jones, Kelly, Greek, Skrtel , Insua, Aurelio , Wilson, Kuyt , Shelvey , Lucas , Spearing , Babel , Pacheco , Ngog. ( Another creative , pacy wide-mids & a decent striker would make me more happy )

That team would win most of the 28 or so games where we should be positive & go all out for the win.

Decent effort I thought & got better as it went along but the worry is that we show no creativity whatsoever & I am always amazed when we actually score.

Massive week in the lead up to the transfer window shopping.

While he was nothing special in possession, I liked the way Poulsen positioned himself on the pitch & hopefully he will be useful to us when he is up to full speed.

I think we need to go 4141 in alot of matches against the poorer Premiership opposition & I am hoping Poulsen can do the '1' in front of the back four.

Reina

Glen Carra Agger Konchesky

Poulsen

Maxi Gerrard Cole Milan

Torres

Squad Jones, Kelly, Greek, Skrtel , Insua, Aurelio , Wilson, Kuyt , Shelvey , Lucas , Spearing , Babel , Pacheco , Ngog. ( Another creative , pacy wide-mids & a decent striker would make me more happy )

That team would win most of the 28 or so games where we should be positive & go all out for the win.

Haven't seen anything from jovanovic so far to want him in ahead of kuyt or babel.