You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

--------------Reina-------------

Johnson - Carra - Hyypia - Aurelio

-----------Mascherano----------

Gerrard------Alonso------???----

---------Torres--Crouch---------

That's approx the best team Rafa could have assembled with all players at their Liverpool peak. Arguably Arbeloa over Johnson (though Johnson started well before the team lost confidence and then he got injured). There is no clear left winger, with Benayoun and Garcia both having purple patches for a while, and Riera offering proper width, though none of the left sided options are definites.

Anyhow, as to the point of the thread, if this is Rafa's last game then thanks for the memories Rafa. I will never forget Istanbul as long as I live. Besides that, I also am sorry that it all fell apart for Rafa under our bad owners. Fairness leads me to say that even though Rafa has his flaws, we just don't know how well he might have done had we had proper leadership all pulling in the right direction with him.

Still, if he goes it will be with my best wishes. I think he will be suited to the Italian game too.

Just two points.

1) Thank flip for the Padre, I need to get me a T Shirt made with a picture of him and the slogan "What would G Richards say?" printed on it.

2) The thread starter is nearly 50 years of age. Hard to believe isn't it?

2) The thread starter is nearly 50 years of age. Hard to believe isn't it?

Lies. When it comes to Red Nick there's no such thing as "age." It's all an illusion.

Fairness leads me to say that even though Rafa has his flaws, we just don't know how well he might have done had we had proper leadership all pulling in the right direction with him.

Agreed mate, that's the one thing I'll always look back and wonder at.