You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't take my word for it.......

Guest Dancing Dave

Actually, I'm not for changing managers in mid-season, but I do think he should step down at the end of this one. I also share your serious reservations about O'Neill, but I do think we need a change. Obviously, we shouldn't touch the likes of Keegan with a barge pole, but I still have a hankering for Toshack or Kenny. One name I would not normally have given consideration to is Curbishley, but the more I've thought about him the more I wouldn't rule him out.

You ask - "Why not Strachan?" I think you'll find he is giving football management up for a while due to health reasons.....

I agree - we should act now - O'Neill would guarantee us 4th place - GH does not....

We cannot afford to miss out on the money from Champs League again, and any new manager needs to be assured of this money.

Acheiving 4th place with GH doesn't inspire me anyway - how long will our naivety and lack of width go unpunished in the Champs League?

Guest Saint Michael
Kopite, you talking about the same Steve Davies who think GH should go while he still has some respect left?

Rash, give yourself some self-respect and stop quoting the opinions of others to back your own agenda's. You'll get a lot more respect than the constant name-dropping bollox that is endemic in a lot of your posts.

Be yourself. You can be no-one else.

Guest Dancing Dave

I agree - we should act now - O'Neill would guarantee us 4th place - GH does not....>>

How do you work that gem out nugget??

We cannot afford to miss out on the money from Champs League again, and any new manager needs to be assured of this money.

Acheiving 4th place with GH doesn't inspire me anyway - how long will our naivety and lack of width go unpunished in the Champs League?>>

Lack of width?? Arf!!

"You fabricating fuckwit"

While thoroughly enjoying your coruscating condemnations of that simpering saboteur Brennan, I don't where you've picked up the notion that he 'fabricated' Houllier's claim about discovering Gerrard.

A quick glance at the official site's news archive, November 23 ("Houllier proud of achievements") will soon put you right on that score.

"I discovered Steven Gerrard in the Academy when he was 17" - sounds like a claim of discovery to me! There's a bit of a clue with the word "discovered", I find.

There was also an interview with Paul Joyce in the 'Express' around that time, where he stated that the Academy staff had actually dragged him over to watch somebody else, only for Gerard to see Stevie and wax lyrical about him instead.

"Discover", you'll admit, is pushing it a bit. A lot, in fact. In John Williams' excellent book about the Treble, Into The Red, this passage occurs:

"Then I saw Gerrard play, on an open field at the Academy barely six months before his full debut. A crowd of about 50 people watched, no more. Steven came on for an hour or so and gently went through his work before Heighway and his staff quietly ushered him away. It felt like the match had been staged solely to offer this scrawny Liverpool kid a chance, unmolested, to stroke a few balls around"

That would make it around the early summer of 1998, weeks before Gerard even got here.

He also claimed that he helped SG develop his game, and no-one in their right mind would deny that. But, as with Owen in the mid-90's, watching this very real talent could only produce one conclusion: that he would have been a great player, no matter who the manager was.

Houllier always goes a step or two too far. We all agreed with his attack on Steve Bruce after the Manc twat slagged off Florent, but then he has to push it off the scale by claiming he never comments on opposition players. He does, often (Lucas Neill and Jug-ears, to name 2) - and claiming to discover Stevie G is yet another example of adjusting the truth to suit his own needs.

Guest Dancing Dave
"You fabricating fuckwit"

While thoroughly enjoying your coruscating condemnations of that simpering saboteur Brennan, I don't where you've picked up the notion that he 'fabricated' Houllier's claim about discovering Gerrard.

A quick glance at the official site's news archive, November 23 ("Houllier proud of achievements") will soon put you right on that score.

"I discovered Steven Gerrard in the Academy when he was 17" - sounds like a claim of discovery to me! There's a bit of a clue with the word "discovered", I find.>>

Yeh......like he discovered Scouse pies on his first game at Anfield. I well remember Owen, as a young lad being lauded for his maturity, saying 'wait till you see young Steven Gerrard'....this was way before Ged arrived. One of Houllier's problems I believe is his lack of understanding of British culture....he says things that to us appear gauche, yet if we saw the French version it would make sense. On this occasion I doubt he's claiming he was actually responsible for SG being at the club.......how could he, he was already here.

Still, if the desperados wanna see it that way, they will. Meanwhile, their spokesman Johnny Cohen wants Heighway as our next manager.......oh my aching sides!!:whistle:

Guest dancindildo

Kopite/Dancing Dave,

Please take all your personalities and fuck off back to the madhouse you schizo cuntlip.

Your incessant dribbles of madness and shit opinionations have grown old.

Kopite's a gobshite!

"I've never met Dave, but as far as I am concerned he's more decent and respectable than the lot of you. When I was ill it was Dave who was there (like many) to give me words of comfort and talk me through my illness until I was cured."

Colin, Dave was and still is your illness you fucking split-personality wielding motherfucker.

Dave: "Smeeeeaaaagol, who does you cry Smeagol?"

Colin: "Mean men hurts us, master trickst us."

Dave: "I told you he was tricksy, I told you he was false,"

Colin: "Houllier is our friend,"

Dave: "No precious. Filthy little Houllier he stole it from us!!!!"

Faramir: "What did they steal"

Dave: "Mmmmmyyyyyy Sanity"

Guest Dancing Dave

I'd like you to consider this. You have been SO intimidated by the truth, that you've had to hide like a girl behind another name. Good......you tart.:whistle:

Fight? Me? There's more rigour in a rolled-up, pissed through Echo ;)

This is all getting a bit silly, isn't it? And there was me thinking the most important thing was the well-being of LFC, when it's actually all about how you can scrape the bottom of the barrel and be more insulting to your fellow Reds (on BOTH sides of the argument) than anyone else. Silly me.

I'm not sure about GH's true words being "lost in translation", as his English is mostly excellent, but I agree one or two phrases could go a touch askew.

Heighway as manager? I really have heard it all now :D

Kopite/Dancing Dave,

Please take all your personalities and fuck off back to the madhouse you schizo cuntlip.

Your incessant dribbles of madness and shit opinionations have grown old.

Kopite's a gobshite!

"I've never met Dave, but as far as I am concerned he's more decent and respectable than the lot of you. When I was ill it was Dave who was there (like many) to give me words of comfort and talk me through my illness until I was cured."

Colin, Dave was and still is your illness you fucking split-personality wielding motherfucker.

Dave: "Smeeeeaaaagol, who does you cry Smeagol?"

Colin: "Mean men hurts us, master trickst us."

Dave: "I told you he was tricksy, I told you he was false,"

Colin: "Houllier is our friend,"

Dave: "No precious. Filthy little Houllier he stole it from us!!!!"

Faramir: "What did they steal"

Dave: "Mmmmmyyyyyy Sanity"

Schizophrenic? Who is the one hiding behind a alias?

Quick call a Doctor!