You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Another thing Bob which maybe related to the other thread. I've never been as skint or as isolated. My lovely home and new car gone. Miss the kids and the wife but I've never been happier. My living room has guitars on the wall a big amp in the corner. A massive telly, good stereo and not an ornament in sight. Live in the gym loads of female friends and can do whatever the fuck I like. 

Separating what you want for what you need has been a game changer for me.

Apart from the fancy car(as long as its reliable and goes I am happy) it seems you have a good life. I'd miss my kids though,big time as I'm sure there would be one or two who took sides.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Apart from the fancy car(as long as its reliable and goes I am happy) it seems you have a good life. I'd miss my kids though,big time as I'm sure there would be one or two who took sides.

Yeah my eldest is not happy with me as it was mostly my fuck up but I'm here and available if she needs me. Big thing was the money I've saved living like a bloke Grrrrr.

No tumble dryer, dishwasher, netflix, prime, sky, vet bills, endless takeaways, etc. etc.

Gym, Steaks and Broadband are my biggest expense. 

Hotel Spa. As a part of a Xmas present we got 'treatments' at a hotel.

She loves every minute, comes out with the girl as a new best friend and about £60 / £70 quids worth of lotions and potions.

I spend an hour lying on the bed desperately concentrating on not farting, getting a hard-on or sniggering when the girl starts discussing my preferences in facials.

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

She loves every minute, comes out with the girl as a new best friend and about £60 / £70 quids worth of lotions and potions.

I spend an hour lying on the bed desperately concentrating on not farting, getting a hard-on or sniggering when the girl starts discussing my preferences in facials.

It's impossible not to feel like a perv at those places. Mrs got her nails done so I went for a massage and the girl was about 20, I've never been so nervous about what I did and said. 

"Nice music, very relaxing, oh and plants too. Great stuff."

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's impossible not to feel like a perv at those places. Mrs got her nails done so I went for a massage and the girl was about 20, I've never been so nervous about what I did and said. 

"Nice music, very relaxing, oh and plants too. Great stuff."

I went down the 'silent unless asked' route with the massage girl.

My main issue was the actual spa pool area in which I had to feign insouciance while surrounded for an hour ( when she was in for her treatment ) by extremely attractive bunches of young / not so young ladies in swimwear posing for selfies for their various social media accounts. One attractive girl in her 30's had her barely-clad bottom that close to my eyeline for that long that I had nearly translated the coptic script on her tattoos by the time she moved.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

I went for a Thai massage on my lunch break yesterday. 

Since fucking up my ankle, my leg and knee are stiff and sore a lot of the time, I think because I’m favouring it when I walk. I went swimming last Friday and can only do breast stroke because I can’t do the flipper style legs without a lot of pain, but over Sunday and Monday my legs were ridiculously bad, mainly my lateral hamstring and my knee was constant tightness and pain.

so I treated myself to the most physically painful experience I’ve ever spent money on.

the first thing “Pepsi” did was climb on my back and walk herself up and down my back and legs on her knees and elbows. Almost every second of it was painful and with every yelp she repeated “no pain no gain” in a deep Thai accent which I could’ve written phonetically but would’ve looked racist.

but… I feel so much better for it today. Not 100% but a million times better than Monday.

and I smelled amazing for the rest of the day too.

52 minutes ago, sir roger said:

We got bought the same this xmas. Went down for the massage and the girl was a petite and very pretty blonde. I'd had sports massages before but this was another level. Lovely relaxing zen music on and she was brilliant. Barely a word spoken. They are amazing once you get over the awkwardness. 

• Upvote 1

It's mad how men are judged differently to women in terms of emotional resilience in dating/rejection etc. 

When I'd get fucked off by a bird back in the day, which happened quite often, my default response - naturally I thought - was to give particular bird a wide birth, obviously never text them again etc (for fear of looking like a stalker and also, what's the point), but if they kept texting you and you didn't respond, or they came up to you on a night out or whatever and you were ever anything less than in performing seal mode, they'd get arsey with you. 

The belief seemed to be that men are 'the hunter' and being fucked off shouldn't impede him on his road to conquest, that you should take it on the chin and not be a sap. 

If you ever fucked a bird off though, they'd hate you forever, wish your family dead and fantasise about burning your house down. 

There's nothing intrinsically Teflon about a man's self esteem and psyche that make him more equipped to deal with rejection, but the expectation seems to be that there is. 

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's mad how men are judged differently to women in terms of emotional resilience in dating/rejection etc. 

When I'd get fucked off by a bird back in the day, which happened quite often, my default response - naturally I thought - was to give particular bird a wide birth, obviously never text them again etc (for fear of looking like a stalker and also, what's the point), but if they kept texting you and you didn't respond, or they came up to you on a night out or whatever and you were ever anything less than in performing seal mode, they'd get arsey with you. 

The belief seemed to be that men are 'the hunter' and being fucked off shouldn't impede him on his road to conquest, that you should take it on the chin and not be a sap. 

If you ever fucked a bird off though, they'd hate you forever, wish y our family dead and burn your house down. 

There's nothing intrinsically tefflon about a man's self esteem and psyche that makes him more equipped to deal with rejection, but the expectation seems to be that there is. 

Years ago in our local carpetted discotheque my friend got chatting to a girl and things were going well, she went off to the toilet/bar and this other girl came over out of the blue and started chatting him up. He clearly preferred the other girl who had gone the bar so he told this new girl he wasn't interested in the nicest way he could only for her to call him a fucking prick and stormed off.

Next thing, original girl comes back and they pick up their conversation only to be met with a flying bottle of Smirnoff Ice thrown from across the dance floor hitting my mate on the back of the head, this rejected girl comes over like a mad Banshee jumping and clawing at him calling him all kinds and threatening this other girl calling her every name under the sun until the bouncers grip her and lead her kicking and screaming out of the club.

My mate shrugged it off, the other girl disappeared after that commotion thinking this mad woman must have been his ex and clearly wanted nothing to do with it. Walking home afterwards and  mate says he might have made the wrong choice and missed out on a potentially great psycho shag.

Some of them are batshit.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Years ago in our local carpetted discotheque my friend got chatting to a girl and things were going well, she went off to the toilet/bar and this other girl came over out of the blue and started chatting him up. He clearly preferred the other girl who had gone the bar so he told this new girl he wasn't interested in the nicest way he could only for her to call him a fucking prick and stormed off.

Next thing, original girl comes back and they pick up their conversation only to be met with a flying bottle of Smirnoff Ice thrown from across the dance floor hitting my mate on the back of the head, this rejected girl comes over like a mad Banshee jumping and clawing at him calling him all kinds and threatening this other girl calling her every name under the sun until the bouncers grip her and lead her kicking and screaming out of the club.

My mate shrugged it off, the other girl disappeared after that commotion thinking this mad woman must have been his ex and clearly wanted nothing to do with it. Walking home afterwards and  mate says he might have made the wrong choice and missed out on a potentially great psycho shag.

Some of them are batshit.

Mad, I've known two lads get actually beaten up by women on nights out, I mean actually beaten up - shirts ripped and stuff. One was completely over a misunderstanding where she thought he's said something to her but hadn't, so he started doing the Hulk Hogan 'cupped ear' gesture which made her even more mad, to the point where the bouncer had to actually pick her up so her feet were dangling and throw her out. 

I honestly never knew whether I was coming or going with a lot of women, I often thought it was me but in hindsight a lot of them were just complete Enigmas. One girl I used to work with (who I always thought liked me, but was never sure) started coming to the gym I went to a few years after, we got chatting and I left her my number. She never called but a few weeks later she came up to me in there and said 'I tried to call but some girl answered, it must have been the wrong number'. I just smirked as if to say 'yeah whatever' and just asked her how she was doing, how was work etc. At this point she seemed to genuinely see her arse, we chatted for a bit longer then she fucked off. Mad times. 

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If you ever fucked a bird off though, they'd hate you forever, wish your family dead and fantasise about burning your house down. 

There's nothing intrinsically Teflon about a man's self esteem and psyche that make him more equipped to deal with rejection, but the expectation seems to be that there is. 

My ex turned up today to collect the last of her things - her bikes and a couple of last odds and ends - and she did so with her new fella, which was a lovely final “fuck you” I thought.

Finally done what others have said and chat history and blocked her on WhatsApp and unfriended on Facebook (not that I go on it).

she can reach me if she needs to, I’ve not blocker her from calling or texting but now only got to get the remortgage down and she can go off into the fucked up sunset she’s riding towards.

Told her it was not good enough that she still hasn’t given anything for my daughter who she shared a home with for 1/3 of her life. Not even goodbye. That was my last word to her as she held her hand up to me as if to say I should stop and she didn’t want to hear it.

well guess what, you need to fucking hear it, and I’m happy they’ll be the last words she ever has from me.

also got some time booked in with my life coach tomorrow and an intro call with a counsellor Monday, which should be beneficial. I’m pissed off that I’m angry, I want to not be angry I want to just get over it and move on. I’m a step closer though I think.

• Upvote 12

18 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My ex turned up today to collect the last of her things - her bikes and a couple of last odds and ends - and she did so with her new fella, which was a lovely final “fuck you” I thought.

Finally done what others have said and chat history and blocked her on WhatsApp and unfriended on Facebook (not that I go on it).

she can reach me if she needs to, I’ve not blocker her from calling or texting but now only got to get the remortgage down and she can go off into the fucked up sunset she’s riding towards.

Told her it was not good enough that she still hasn’t given anything for my daughter who she shared a home with for 1/3 of her life. Not even goodbye. That was my last word to her as she held her hand up to me as if to say I should stop and she didn’t want to hear it.

well guess what, you need to fucking hear it, and I’m happy they’ll be the last words she ever has from me.

also got some time booked in with my life coach tomorrow and an intro call with a counsellor Monday, which should be beneficial. I’m pissed off that I’m angry, I want to not be angry I want to just get over it and move on. I’m a step closer though I think.

Great news that last par Bob. I bet she's got no internet friends either. Fuck her and the Fiat Punto she rode in on. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

'Life coach?' What the hell is one of those? When I was younger the closest I had was a couple of beers with a mate.

Watching that George & Tammy series (decent, with Jessica Chastain) anyway he steels her from her husband but apparently it's illegal in Tennessee to steal a mans wife. He hides her in a motel and when he meets her tells her he had the cops after him but "No Tammy. no crime" and she's just gone "I wonder if that's where the song comes from, no woman no crime" 

jack-nicholson-confused.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

The only thing I can promise you is for a 100% fact at some point you'll barely even remember the relationship you had and you'll realise your daughter didn't need anything from the woman, it just feels like she does right now, your daughter won't give the slightest fuck about her soon either  guaranteed.

Every day you wake up now youre closer to that , you'll meet someone else Bob, women are all wronguns and are always looking for a new project you'll get snapped up if you let them read a few of your posts on here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The only thing I can promise you is for a 100% fact at some point you'll barely even remember the relationship you had and you'll realise your daughter didn't need anything from the woman, it just feels like she does right now, your daughter won't give the slightest fuck about her soon either  guaranteed.

Every day you wake up now youre closer to that , you'll meet someone else Bob, women are all wronguns and are always looking for a new project you'll get snapped up if you let them read a few of your posts on here.

If I’m honest with myself mate, she already doesn’t need anything from her - I just personally need her to know it’s not ok to just walk out on her without a word of goodbye and for her to acknowledge that.

Truthfully I know that’s for me, rather than for my daughter and when she said she’s posted something I know already that I’ll read it when it arrives and decide then whether or not I even pass it on.

I don’t want to hate her - honestly I still feel nothing but sympathy for what’s she’s been through and I think she’s still hurting a lot, and she’s making bad short term decisions to try and stop from hurting, but she’s making those decisions and that’s that.

I’ve already met someone. We’re both surprised that what’s developing is developing but we’re both happy about it and willing to let it happen and frankly I’m looking forward to just getting the house remortgage sorted so it’s complete and behind me. There’s no mess left, she’s gone, so is her stuff and in time so will be the memory of her like you say. 

I’ve also got a potentially awesome job opportunity that has come out of nowhere, which I’m currently mulling over but know I simply can’t turn down, so “new starts” would seem to be the theme.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

If I’m honest with myself mate, she already doesn’t need anything from her - I just personally need her to know it’s not ok to just walk out on her without a word of goodbye and for her to acknowledge that.

Truthfully I know that’s for me, rather than for my daughter and when she said she’s posted something I know already that I’ll read it when it arrives and decide then whether or not I even pass it on.

I don’t want to hate her - honestly I still feel nothing but sympathy for what’s she’s been through and I think she’s still hurting a lot, and she’s making bad short term decisions to try and stop from hurting, but she’s making those decisions and that’s that.

I’ve already met someone. We’re both surprised that what’s developing is developing but we’re both happy about it and willing to let it happen and frankly I’m looking forward to just getting the house remortgage sorted so it’s complete and behind me. There’s no mess left, she’s gone, so is her stuff and in time so will be the memory of her like you say. 

I’ve also got a potentially awesome job opportunity that has come out of nowhere, which I’m currently mulling over but know I simply can’t turn down, so “new starts” would seem to be the theme.

Sounds great mate, your ex having a new partner is gonna be a huge help, no chance of drunken messages or hassle from her , no chance of her turning up weeks down the line,  sounds all positive from here mate,  rock n roll.

My workmate split up with his Mrs and started getting annoyed when she got a new fella. After a while she stopped harassing him and only spoke when they were arranging things with their kids. 

Went around one time and saw the look of dread on his face as she had been moaning at him for some obscure reason. He laughed to himself thinking "all my old problems are your now". 

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Watching that George & Tammy series (decent, with Jessica Chastain) anyway he steels her from her husband but apparently it's illegal in Tennessee to steal a mans wife. He hides her in a motel and when he meets her tells her he had the cops after him but "No Tammy. no crime" and she's just gone "I wonder if that's where the song comes from, no woman no crime" 

jack-nicholson-confused.gif

No spoilers?

Haha! I thought it was tv or film thread!

22 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'Life coach?' What the hell is one of those? When I was younger the closest I had was a couple of beers with a mate.

Might be a bit of mumbo jumbo but I’ve just got off the phone with him. First time I’ve spoken with him in about a year and a lot has changed in that time, but I feel absolutely great now for having had the call.

sometimes it really helps to have someone who has read a lot of theoretical books about the way our brains work listen to your story and tell you what they are hearing and give a nudge to the frame that you’re viewing things through.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Might be a bit of mumbo jumbo but I’ve just got off the phone with him. First time I’ve spoken with him in about a year and a lot has changed in that time, but I feel absolutely great now for having had the call.

sometimes it really helps to have someone who has read a lot of theoretical books about the way our brains work listen to your story and tell you what they are hearing and give a nudge to the frame that you’re viewing things through.

Positive step mate, nice one.